Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
The deposit window now shows the money on your player.
Cool, thanks.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:16 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
You can now enable/disable showing money and latency in your HUD. Click the "gear" icon to open your options. Also, space/weight in your inventory should be more legible now.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Looks great Chris - nice to see some forward thinking.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Can it be made customizable so we can move rearrange the little bubbles like the lines on the old GUI? I personally dislike that the latency slides over every time I use a gun, its just a little annoying.

Also, the color scheme is hideous and doesn't match any of my hot-pink GUIs... or even my bullets; this saddens me. Can you make it so we can change the theme/transparency in some way? Even if it requires manual editing.

Also this isn't really a bug or a problem, since it's just with one thing, but the Osiris Minigun when fully loaded is 100 ammo, and the display limits it to saying '10'.

More nitpicking:
-Bleeding, isn't displayed in any way, obviously you can see if you're bleeding but it would be nice to incorporate. Maybe a change in the + sign to a bandaid or something.
-Stat bonuses, (ie. Java) the ugly orange bar is overlapped and kind of doesn't fit the new scheme.
-Durability, for melee weapons and shovels, should probably be a toggle-able option, but still incorporated. Maybe even add battery levels to this tab for drills/flashlights/etc.

:3
Old 06-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I say add a hat drop down where all your hats go so you can easily access them with out 100 hats in your inventory.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
I say add a hat drop down where all your hats go so you can easily access them with out 100 hats in your inventory.
Like the Follow-Me GUI.

Speaking of which, said Follow-Me button is gone since you changed the HUD... please re-add it somewhere? Thanks.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
Yeah, like the follow-me button.
I leave most of my hats at my house since it's a cluster....<-badwordlol in my inventory.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:08 PM
IT'S TIME TO PARTY LET'S
Good_Ol_Daze will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Also the content of the stuff is 1 pixel off-centered vertically. Y needs to -1;
The only asymmetry he could fix by just shifting would be to move the gear up one pixel from what I can see. The rest all look to be vertically asymmetric by different parity amounts of pixels, so a lot more work would have to be done to fix it, and I don't think anyone really cares.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
I find it a bit odd that ping is the largest portion of the HUD over all the other information. I know it comes down to character space and such but that's still a very odd thing since when it comes to HUDs that sort of visual information(size) is important.

u obviously don't understand how important lag is on era (considering how poor graal's servers are): being able to see how high us ping is affects where you have to aim relatively to your target. this doesn't apply for most americans but it does for any skilled player living outside the us

also, it's nice to see that rogue has finally made a constructive comment
Old 06-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
u obviously don't understand how important lag is on era (considering how poor graal's servers are): being able to see how high us ping is affects where you have to aim relatively to your target. this doesn't apply for most americans but it does for any skilled player living outside the us

also, it's nice to see that rogue has finally made a constructive comment
Ping is important in most online games, and in fact it's probably much more important in games like Call of Duty which are twitch shooters, and where a difference in 20ms determines who wins in a gunfight, yet you don't see your ping in their hud.

But I've already talked personally to Chris about this direction and already put in my two cents about it so no point in me taking up more thread space on the topic.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Ping is important in most online games, and in fact it's probably much more important in games like Call of Duty which are twitch shooters, and where a difference in 20ms determines who wins in a gunfight, yet you don't see your ping in their hud.

But I've already talked personally to Chris about this direction and already put in my two cents about it so no point in me taking up more thread space on the topic.
yeah talk to chris all u like but it won't be removed..and if it's removed it'll get added back since loads of people will complain since it's fundamental on era
on cod lag makes a big difference but it doesn't change your playstyle since you get hits by hitting enemy players according to what you see on ur screen, whilst on era hits count based on the opposing player's screen and not what you percieve on your own screen
Old 06-22-2012, 10:48 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
yeah talk to chris all u like but it won't be removed..and if it's removed it'll get added back since loads of people will complain since it's fundamental on era
Do you think I have some ultimate plot to screw over Era's petty little things like this by undermining the players and trying to sway Chris' opinion? Get a grip.

My point is that important data like that can be conveyed in an accessible way while not making it a part of the gameplay HUD.

Quote:
on cod lag makes a big difference but it doesn't change your playstyle since you get hits by hitting enemy players according to what you see on ur screen, whilst on era hits count based on the opposing player's screen and not what you percieve on your own screen
Like I said, lag is important in EVERY online game, especially any competitive one. To act as though Era needs the information more than other online games is silly. You can't play the same with 4 bars as you would with 3 because you can't win a confrontation where you don't have the first chance(aka someone with 4 bars can run and gun, someone with 2-3 bars will need to flank and surprise).

To act as though Era is the only game online where ping is so important it needs to be larger than your actual health in your hud is silly.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:54 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
You guys do realize there's an option in the "cog" of the HUD that allows you to hide or show money or ping..?
Old 06-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
You guys do realize there's an option in the "cog" of the HUD that allows you to hide or show money or ping..?
That's why I said I talked to Chris about it already and didn't see reason to explore the topic any further but he didn't care to drop it *shrug*

That is a solution, but while I DO fancy things like seeing my framerate/ping in games, I don't like them to be part of my game hud. I'd rather them be much more unobtrusive/secluded and quickly toggled and the solution doesn't really address that.

But if that's what players want, give them what they want I suppose. I just didn't think it was a good aesthetic/design choice and critiqued it like I would any piece of art/level/script.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:46 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
The other day I walked into a building and didn't know if it was a pk zone or not...I was so scared.

Also, I would honestly prefer it to be about half of it's current size. I know most people are fine with it the way it is, but is there any way you could add sizing options? The information on the old HUD was much smaller.