Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 12:34 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
HUD Updates

We've released a new version of the HUD (the info in the top-left corner) as part of our overall cleaning up of Era's interfaces. This is still just a prototype so we're open for suggestions ("undo it" is not a suggestion; let us know how we can improve it instead).

There are a couple kinks that will be ironed out in the next day or two; keep in mind that it is intentionally minimalist. You don't need to see your money in the middle of a fight, so it is shown in the inventory instead. Your loaded ammo will probably be added here soon as well.

Things like ammo and armor only show as necessary; try equipping and unequipping a gun to see what happens .

Note that not all features will work on v5 clients; if you haven't already, we recommend upgrading to v6.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:59 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post

We've released a new version of the HUD (the info in the top-left corner) as part of our overall cleaning up of Era's interfaces. This is still just a prototype so we're open for suggestions ("undo it" is not a suggestion; let us know how we can improve it instead).

There are a couple kinks that will be ironed out in the next day or two; keep in mind that it is intentionally minimalist. You don't need to see your money in the middle of a fight, so it is shown in the inventory instead. Your loaded ammo will probably be added here soon as well.

Things like ammo and armor only show as necessary; try equipping and unequipping a gun to see what happens .

Note that not all features will work on v5 clients; if you haven't already, we recommend upgrading to v6.
Good Job Chris. Looks nice.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 06-20-2012, 01:04 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
You should make it so you're able to move or place it in other positions on your screen.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:07 AM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
You should make it so you're able to move or place it in other positions on your screen.
This. I've noticed people complaining about how big the new HUD is, are they kidding? I can't even see the HUD on full resolution. I'd have to turn my head.

Last edited by Andre2006; 06-20-2012 at 01:45 AM..
Old 06-20-2012, 01:32 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I find it a bit odd that ping is the largest portion of the HUD over all the other information. I know it comes down to character space and such but that's still a very odd thing since when it comes to HUDs that sort of visual information(size) is important.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:54 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Looks modern and is a huge +1 for the server. Good job Chris.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Also the content of the stuff is 1 pixel off-centered vertically. Y needs to -1;
Old 06-20-2012, 03:34 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Since you removed the money view, could you add a way to see your current cash to the ATM. It's just more convenient trying to deposit money.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:42 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Money is still displayed in your inventory
Old 06-20-2012, 01:57 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
("undo it" is not a suggestion; let us know how we can improve it instead)
Colors. At least for the symbols.

Edit: Also, you could stuff a rough ping visualization into the color of the options symbol.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:38 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Minimal, stylish, and functional (ammo bar pops down when you equip a weapon). I don't see ping and I'm glad I don't.

Normally I'd say its a bit big and wasting space, but considering I maximize my Graal window @ 1920x1080 (not full screen, but still filling up my entire screen) it looks great. Good job Era.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:41 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Minimal, stylish, and functional (ammo bar pops down when you equip a weapon). I don't see ping and I'm glad I don't.

Normally I'd say its a bit big and wasting space, but considering I maximize my Graal window @ 1920x1080 (not full screen, but still filling up my entire screen) it looks great. Good job Era.
You're posting a positive comment? Whaaaaaaaaaaat?
Old 06-20-2012, 06:18 PM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Looks really nice and modern, I would also like to have customization options like showing money and all that.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Money is still displayed in your inventory
You can't see you inventory or money when using the ATM.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:29 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
You can't see you inventory or money when using the ATM.
The deposit window now shows the money on your player.