Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 06:53 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Terrain Map Drawing Issue

Okay, I don't have the means to take a decent screenshot right now, but there is a particularly annoying bug that shows up whenever you're behind a hill created on a terrain map.

That is, if the hill's height is too steep, it will appear as if you're standing on top of it when in fact you are behind it. You're on the lower part behind a hill, but yet you're still always drawn above it. Make sense?

It would be nice if this were fixed so that it would not only look correct, but also provide the opportunity for high-altitude terrain to work effectively on terrain maps.

At the moment, I am using movement physics which allow me to create things like mountains and so forth that players can fall down but not scale up. It would be very nice to have this drawing issue fixed so that terrain can be used like it should be.

Last edited by Draenin; 12-14-2011 at 07:04 AM..
Old 12-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Coder
Gunderak is on a distinguished road
Perfecting terrain in a 2D game would sure a pain in the arse.

Gund for president.

Remote PM {P*}x (Graal813044) from eraiphone -> Stefan: I hav 1 qustion
*Gunderak: he hav 1
*Gunderak: qustion
Old 12-15-2011, 04:00 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Not really. It's just a really simple drawing error. Sprites just aren't being hidden when players go behind terrain set at a greater height.