FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 05:58 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Question Buddies List, Delete Item

To whom it may concern,

Delete Item/Weapons:
Hopefully I'm in the right thread, as far as I know, on a PC you ... at least I remember... you could delete items and weapons from your inventory that do not have an asterisk before the name. I'm sure some of you are aware the delete key on a Windows computer is not the same as the delete key on a Mac. I believe a Macs delete key is the same as a Windows backspace key.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, at least my delete key on my Mac does not delete items or weapons while I believe a Windows computer would... Unless there is another way I don't know about... Perhaps in for the future change this?

Buddies List:
It seems on V5 the buddies list, if they are on another server, your buddies are on the other server tab. >.> Now this is sort of, I can't think of the word, but for now, common sense will do. But it isn't very efficient.. I liked it when I could see my awesomely amazing and cool buddies on the first tab.

Maybe it's me, but I only see buddies on my current server on the current server tab. It use to be all my buddies on the starting tab. D:

Possibly bring it back if it isn't only me?

While I'm listing things, I can't seem to open more than one client now that I am using V5.. that kinda makes me unhappy as well now that I finally figured out how to a few weeks ago >.>;;

By the way, I do like the new PMs and F7 menu that can pop out, will this also be for DEV programmed GUI's? Although, I can't see this working out too much on Facebook. o.o;

Thank you very much,
David K?
Awesome Mac User Guy!

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Retired Zone Manager
PowerProNL can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to PowerProNL
Quote:
Buddies List:
It seems on V5 the buddies list, if they are on another server, your buddies are on the other server tab. >.> Now this is sort of, I can't think of the word, but for now, common sense will do. But it isn't very efficient.. I liked it when I could see my awesomely amazing and cool buddies on the first tab.

Maybe it's me, but I only see buddies on my current server on the current server tab. It use to be all my buddies on the starting tab. D:

You can change that in your settings of player list. (F7 --> Option)
Old 04-22-2011, 12:04 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerProNL View Post
You can change that in your settings of player list. (F7 --> Option)
I suppose that is a good way around it.. but it could be changed for macs starting.. new players may not know they have to do this. Thank you though. ^.^;

Also, I can't find where I would set it, it isn't under keys V6.

D:

Also, on top of this, sometimes coming back onto Graal, I can't click any of the GUI buttons.. I think clicking Graal Client then back onto the GUI fixes it, or it did this time but I've had the problem a few times.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-22-2011, 12:13 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
I suppose that is a good way around it.. but it could be changed for macs starting.. new players may not know they have to do this. Thank you though. ^.^;
Guessing the problem is you're trying to use F7:

The only problem with the Graal client is that it is using F7 for the playerlist, which is a key which is generally not used in Mac applications, and hence can only be pressed by holding the "fn" key, even on a desktop Mac.

Ideally it would use a keyboard shortcut like CMD + P or so.

You should be able to open the playerlist by pressing fn + F7. You can also change the default behavior in System Preferences under Keyboard:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	system prefs.png
Views:	662
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	52730  
Old 04-22-2011, 12:26 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Guessing the problem is you're trying to use F7:

The only problem with the Graal client is that it is using F7 for the playerlist, which is a key which is generally not used in Mac applications, and hence can only be pressed by holding the "fn" key, even on a desktop Mac.

Ideally it would use a keyboard shortcut like CMD + P or so.

You should be able to open the playerlist by pressing fn + F7. You can also change the default behavior in System Preferences under Keyboard:
Confused what this was a reply to, the GUI's sticking sometimes?
I use F7 to open my player list, because to use Blender I can't have FN+F7 set up.. I need all the F key functions lol.. But even on the player list, I've had message popups that I could not send or exit out of, that I have restarted the Client to "fix". But as I stated in my other post, I think you can fix it right clicking the icon and clicking the client. I think I could actually move the window, just couldn't click any of the buttons ...

If this was a reply to the delete key.. I'm totally confused then lol

I thank you both for trying to help ^.^; but so far no solutions to what I "think" are problems.

The delete key not deleting items so far doesn't look like it can be set, and the sometimes windows not being able to be clicked (which I don't really know is a problem yet, and if right clicking icon + clicking client fixing it is the solution) isn't solved. :x

But I don't really know how the GUI works, so I can't give assumptions of why I think it doesn't work sometimes... I'd have to test ... breaking it.. lol

Then I can give a better example :x

P.S.: Did they ever fix Gonstruct to be able to download on Mac easier yet? Without having to become an apple developer and going through approximately 25 other things? D:
I'm semi old, and have learned a lot.. I don't understand those instructions at all lol.. sounds like programming type things.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-22-2011, 12:34 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
You really need to learn how to write more concisely.

Ignore my previous post, I thought you were having trouble opening the player list.

Quote:
But even on the player list, I've had message popups that I could not send or exit out of, that I have restarted the Client to "fix".
I reported this to Stefan a while back and he has not yet fixed it.

Quote:
The delete key not deleting items so far doesn't look like it can be set
Pressing fn+delete while the inventory is open should work, although I haven't tested it.

Quote:
Did they ever fix Gonstruct to be able to download on Mac easier yet? Without having to become an apple developer and going through approximately 25 other things?
No. You don't need to become an Apple developer, you just need to download Xcode, which requires you to have an ADC account.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:06 PM
David K?
Quote:

No. You don't need to become an Apple developer, you just need to download Xcode, which requires you to have an ADC account.
That sounds exactly the reason why I stopped trying lol..
Seeing what I would later have to do with all the odd coding wasn't much of an incentive either... I guess I'll wait on Gonstruct longer.

Quote:
Pressing fn+delete while the inventory is open should work, although I haven't tested it.
Tried it, and it worked fine ^.^; I suppose it should be be in a Mac tutorial then. Thank you!

Also, not sure about the concisely part.. I try to make things precise.. which apparently didn't work this time lol.. Unsure if I'd be able to do concise either.. I'd have to have people take my paragraphs and do it for me... because I feel most of it is important to state. D:

I was going to explain it.. but I wont.

Thanks again, at least I can delete stuff now

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-22-2011, 01:26 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
the solution would be to use a real operating system

jk jk
Old 04-22-2011, 01:35 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
the solution would be to use a real operating system

jk jk
Lol.. I guess I won't get into that.. but yea as I've stated somewhere else, Graal does not seem to like Macs. But you can't judge too much, because anything Windows converted to Macs will have slight problems if the programmer does not think of all the differences of a Mac from Windows.. same with any OS.

Only need to yell at a few people, get all up in their shizzle, and make them fix it. YEAH! >;D

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Xcode can often be found on the Mac OS X system install disc that comes with your computer also, albeit probably not the latest version but good enough just to compile things with.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:12 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Xcode can often be found on the Mac OS X system install disc that comes with your computer also, albeit probably not the latest version but good enough just to compile things with.
Will / Can there ever be only a download to use it on Mac? Or will that be the only option?

As fun as it sounds , and interesting as it looks I don't think I will be trying to learn how to edit / create levels via textfile as I do ganis. It seems each tile is two characters.. caps, lower, numbers.. such..

May just stick with OLE's excluding the point Testbed doesn't seem to save levels upon update level. :'[

Oh well.. hopefully one day... For now everything except level / level npcs is for me. O.O; Than again, it does seem like I could stick npcs in the text if I can get my hands on the finished level.. I'll have to mess around with that.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-22-2011, 11:17 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Lol.. I guess I won't get into that.. but yea as I've stated somewhere else, Graal does not seem to like Macs. But you can't judge too much, because anything Windows converted to Macs will have slight problems if the programmer does not think of all the differences of a Mac from Windows.. same with any OS.
Graal runs better on Mac than it does on Windows anymore. The development tools suck on all three platforms, albeit slightly less on Windows.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:40 AM
David K?
Quote:
Graal runs better on Mac than it does on Windows anymore. The development tools suck on all three platforms, albeit slightly less on Windows.
Oh I thought the Dev type things were meant for windows lol, I'm not talking about how the Client runs.. only the functions and commands / how to access them.. They seem like most of it is for Windows. Like the delete key could have been changed from FN+Delete to Delete, and so on..

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-04-2011, 11:06 AM
David K?
In case no one understood the whole buddy list thing, and Graal client thing..

This is the older client opened twice. The main list is opened on the blue side, and the world list is opened on the grey side. Basically your friends are on both tabs.

You are also allowed to open more than one client.

This is V6, and it disconnects everything once it gets to the login screen and as you can see with the two tabs, your buddies are no longer on both. You can now only see your friends on the server tab which can be a hassle. It also sucks that you cannot work on one server and help test on another.. Only one client can be opened.

Can V6 be able to be opened more then once, and can your friends be on the main F7 tab in the future?

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
You will need two accounts if you want to test two-player interaction, this has not been changed. However there are also some servers which disconnect players with the same ip (Kingdoms). The buddy list should normally work fine, but I can check that.