Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
But an iPhone will get slowed to **** much worse. Also, it's not all about the hardware quality but about the fact that a keyboard > touchscreen. Always. Also, players have much higher resolutions, being able to see much farther.
This seems rather situational but the PC is also liable to a major slowdown.
I guess I'm being rather narrowsighted but can you explain what higher resolution is going to do to your game experience other than seeing further?
Why don't we just ditch joypad functionality all together because ya know configured correctly joypad > keyboard because we have more convenience and its unfair for other PC users? Scripts can easily even the playing field if done correctly too.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
This seems rather situational but the PC is also liable to a major slowdown.
I guess I'm being rather narrowsighted but can you explain what higher resolution is going to do to your game experience other than seeing further?
Why don't we just ditch joypad functionality all together because ya know configured correctly joypad > keyboard because we have more convenience and its unfair for other PC users? Scripts can easily even the playing field if done correctly too.
The PC is liable to slowdown as well, but the iPhone runs on like... I think 300mhz CPU? If you put a PC player and an iPhone player in a level with 100 other players, take a guess as to who it's going to hurt the worst.

Also, a keyboard vs a joypad is not comparible to an iPhone controls to a keyboard. Play any game on the iPhone and you'll see exactly what I mean.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
The PC is liable to slowdown as well, but the iPhone runs on like... I think 300mhz CPU? If you put a PC player and an iPhone player in a level with 100 other players, take a guess as to who it's going to hurt the worst.

Also, a keyboard vs a joypad is not comparible to an iPhone controls to a keyboard. Play any game on the iPhone and you'll see exactly what I mean.
Phone CPUs are a bit weirder than normal desktop CPUs.
Up until the iPhone 3Gs iPhones all had the same 620 MHz RISC ARM CPU. The 3GS actually only had a 600 MHz CPU, which was actually an 833 MHz ARM Cortex-A8 CPU that was underclocked, and it was still much faster than the 620 MHz CPUs because of the layout of the chip.

The iPhone 4 has a custom 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 chip with a GPU built into it, so it handles video and 3D acceleration fairly well.

There are a few high end Android phones with HDMI ports built into them, because they can actually handle outputting Full HD (1080p) content, which is something that, in my experience, even midrange Laptops and Netbooks have struggled to do.

tl;dr- phone hardware and software is so different and optimized that its hard to compare with desktop hardware.

PC players would still have an advantage though because of both the other reasons Dusty said.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:04 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Does it need to do anything else? That's a pretty big advantage, at least on gun servers, lol.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:45 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Up until the iPhone 3Gs iPhones all had the same 620 MHz RISC ARM CPU. The 3GS actually only had a 600 MHz CPU, which was actually an 833 MHz ARM Cortex-A8 CPU that was underclocked, and it was still much faster than the 620 MHz CPUs because of the layout of the chip.

The iPhone 4 has a custom 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 chip with a GPU built into it, so it handles video and 3D acceleration fairly well.

There are a few high end Android phones with HDMI ports built into them, because they can actually handle outputting Full HD (1080p) content, which is something that, in my experience, even midrange Laptops and Netbooks have struggled to do.

tl;dr- phone hardware and software is so different and optimized that its hard to compare with desktop hardware.

PC players would still have an advantage though because of both the other reasons Dusty said.
I'm looking forward to the next generation of phones with a MOS 6502 processor in them
Old 01-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
iPads have a higher resolution but they're allowed to play alongside iPod users. In fact, the iPad probably uses a bigger screen than I do for Graal on my PC.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post

Optimized, maybe, but still not THAT optimized. For example, iPhone servers can hardly have any clientside looping at all because the CPU's can't handle it. GPU and CPU are totally different. The iPhone can handle some powerful graphic output, but that means squat when it comes to processing data, and that's where the PC trumps the iPhone.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
iPads have a higher resolution but they're allowed to play alongside iPod users. In fact, the iPad probably uses a bigger screen than I do for Graal on my PC.
Graal runs on a lower resolution tho, I think?
Old 02-27-2011, 03:20 AM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Is there a way to log on your graal gold account with the ipad, or is this wishful thinking?
Old 02-27-2011, 03:22 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
Is there a way to log on your graal gold account with the ipad, or is this wishful thinking?
No there isn't.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:45 PM
NYN
NewYorkerNick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NewYorkerNick
Quote:

You get use to the ipod controls though. I am way more efficient on my ipod sparring/pking/etc than my keyboard. Typing is different though.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:45 AM
Past iClassic GP
Zeke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkerNick View Post
You get use to the ipod controls though. I am way more efficient on my ipod sparring/pking/etc than my keyboard. Typing is different though.
I stink at sparring with both my pc and iPod xD

Old 03-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Best review ever.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
there is no way that is a real review because Battletoads was way more stressful
Old 03-19-2011, 09:15 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
It's kinda weird when there are so many players who go like "LOOKIN 4 GF SLAVE", "GIRLS PM ME", "GIRLS LOOK AT MY GUILD PIC", and other stuff like this...

was old graal like that