Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-13-2008, 03:07 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
Is this the server that's supposed to look/feel a lot like Final Fantasy?

I hope this turns out well- everything looks good so far.

The name-system sounds good. You always need some sort of regulation if you want RPing to succeed. Look at GK... they left things kind of open on that, and it went out of control. Even people who consider themselves RPers on GK have some ridiculous names taken from other stories,movies,games, etc.
Chris Zakuto is not crazy (though, admittedly, Zakuto is a rather weird last name, though nothing compared to my real last name, which I won't state)

How are you enforcing the names?

Things like Chris, Paul, John, Sal, etc? Or do you need last names as well?

What if you have a crazy name, like Sir Johnauntinnapleneatspieforthewinontuesday in real life?
Old 05-13-2008, 03:30 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
How are you enforcing the names?
The idea was for players to name their characters with a "nickname", and I've been thinking about making it possible for people to gain/purchase titles, and "join" families (purely for RP though) etc. that would modify their visual name.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 05-13-2008, 03:51 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
The idea was for players to name their characters with a "nickname", and I've been thinking about making it possible for people to gain/purchase titles, and "join" families (purely for RP though) etc. that would modify their visual name.
"join" families? I think it's better to let players deal with families themselves. Though, I suppose it would be nice if it could be controlled who has one name (several people add Zakuto after their name on GK and scam, etc. Gives us a bad name)
Old 05-13-2008, 03:58 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
"join" families? I think it's better to let players deal with families themselves. Though, I suppose it would be nice if it could be controlled who has one name (several people add Zakuto after their name on GK and scam, etc. Gives us a bad name)
Was merely suggesting something along the lines of players being able to create families (which would have no other use then looks) and have other players joining them. Of course, you wouldn't be able to change more then say once a month or something.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 05-13-2008, 05:43 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I dunno, I like the hierarchy idea... one ruler being able to add/remove people simply sounds like a dumbed down guild system.
Being able to 'quit' a family and join another... well that doesn't sound like a family at all.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
making tilesets yourself would be better :0

Last edited by Elk; 05-13-2008 at 01:32 PM..
Old 05-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Master of Puppets
I was merely tossing the idea out there when I mentioned it in this thread, haven't really given it much of a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
Only add this family system if you have spare time, to me it doesn't really sound like a system which would need a script regulation badly.
I agree, it's definitely not something we'll work on anytime soon, but alas it might be added later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
making tilesets yourself would be better :0
Says the guy who said he'd help then bailed after a day or two without a word.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Only add this family system if you have spare time, to me it doesn't really sound like a system which would need a script regulation badly.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
yea, i made a sketch
Old 05-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
yea, i made a sketch
You say it like it's something to be proud of; letting people believe in you and your promises, then you spit them in the face and walk away the next day.

I don't have time to deal with that kinda bull****, I'm trying my best to get a working and as lag free as possible playerworld running, without slacking with quality. So please, stay away from us unless you can be dedicated for more then a few minutes.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
nah, i just want to help people to believe in themselves
Old 05-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
nah, i just want to help people to believe in themselves
Well, good job then, you fail horribly. If anything you left us in despair until we were able to get the manpower back.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:52 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
I consume a tasty salad of drama while quasi-excitedly waiting for this server to be playable.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
you shouldnt rely on just 1 person
i told you that
Old 05-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
you shouldnt rely on just 1 person
i told you that
I wasn't relying on one person, I as relying on someone I thought was my friend. And guess what, friends don't lie to each other.

Tags
fantasy, fidel castro, final fantasy, legends, mythic, mythic legends, project, rpg, turn based