Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-02-2009, 12:21 AM
RealDDc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Who said he'd dismiss balancing them? (...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
(...plus, we would have to modify several things to incorporate the new races, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but graphics is the biggest issue.
Sounds to me like, the balance ain't a big thing, we butcher that together in some five minutes spare time. But the graphics, that are done 9o/o of the times by bored players anyways, need to be amazing.

Doesn't make mutch of sense on a game, that has a almost decent graphic, but only if we move 10 years back of game development. Not a complaint about the graal graphics, I enjoy playing games with outdated graphics, but set theyr main focus and effort on well made balance and a enjoyable gameplay.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis1410 View Post
Sounds to me like, the balance ain't a big thing, we butcher that together in some five minutes spare time. But the graphics, that are done 9o/o of the times by bored players anyways, need to be amazing.

Doesn't make mutch of sense on a game, that has a almost decent graphic, but only if we move 10 years back of game development. Not a complaint about the graal graphics, I enjoy playing games with outdated graphics, but set theyr main focus and effort on well made balance and a enjoyable gameplay.
Doesn't sound like he said graphics would be getting the highest priority, just that it'd be the hardest part.

And the whole graphics vs gameplay thing is meh. I enjoy an out-dated game as much as the next person, but Graal is a professional game, which you have to pay for. It's not selling itself as a crappy looking game with great gameplay, it does take itself seriously, and most importantly, the gameplay isn't that great. You won't find many games that take themselves seriously, costs, and look like **** -- but don't offer anything other games do for free -- that are successful.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:45 AM
Quote:
(...It's not selling itself as a crappy looking game with great gameplay, it does take itself seriously, and most importantly, the gameplay isn't that great. You won't find many games that take themselves seriously, costs, and look like **** -- but don't offer anything other games do for free -- that are successful.

Either I couldn't read this properly, with my lowisch english, or what you are telling there brings it straight to the point and made me laugh.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
I gotta agree with dennis on this one, it's more important to the balancing, content and gameplay down solid before worrying about GFX, if this had been the main focus years ago, todays game would be alot different, although i'm discounting the number of failed staff we've had in the past too.

And i agree with whoever posted about races. It's the beauty of GK that classes are irrelivant, so why have them? I'd like to see bonuses/drawbacks to every race, like
thieves getting +2speed, stealth, start with stealing known and possibly 21dex as max natural.

Races would be nice but you'd have to be careful about including races which gods already slay well. Like giants... people would be reluctant to even become one since govannon would destroy them.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:35 PM
On a little sidenote, if the balance is solid, possible bugs crushed down to a minimum, and the whole logic behind it applied, im with every add to the game. Changing a temporar graphic into a solid one, is a matter of a little. But changing a unblanaced, bugged or screwing content, is a big task, especially if it already a long while.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
On a little sidenote, if the balance is solid, possible bugs crushed down to a minimum, and the whole logic behind it applied, im with every add to the game. Changing a temporar graphic into a solid one, is a matter of a little. But changing a unblanaced, bugged or screwing content, is a big task, especially if it already a long while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
I gotta agree with dennis on this one, it's more important to the balancing, content and gameplay down solid before worrying about GFX, if this had been the main focus years ago, todays game would be alot different, although i'm discounting the number of failed staff we've had in the past too.

And i agree with whoever posted about races. It's the beauty of GK that classes are irrelivant, so why have them? I'd like to see bonuses/drawbacks to every race, like
thieves getting +2speed, stealth, start with stealing known and possibly 21dex as max natural.

Races would be nice but you'd have to be careful about including races which gods already slay well. Like giants... people would be reluctant to even become one since govannon would destroy them.
I don't think Tig is trying to say work more on the GFX than the balancing or whatever. I think he is trying to say... that there is nobody to do the GFX. They have people to do the balancing, testing, and bug fixing... Just no pixel artists.

If you do a MAJOR update like this, everything should be good and ready... don't just throw crappy classic GFX on it.

I agree with adding races. That would be awsome. The current Head system would have to be totally revamped. Maybe just sort it out into races. and limit to each race??? IDK

You could start with the main races. Human, Dwarf, Elf, Orc, ect. Then after that system is all debugged, and working properly maybe start creating sub races.

Dwarf - Mountain Dwarf, Duergar
Elf - High elf, Wood Elf, Drow
ect.

These are just examples. I like the idea. Or just keep it simple and let people RP the sub races =D
Old 06-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
Drow
Drows are banned from GK. Forever.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Now that is great! as long as they don't try and chage Zormite to a drow race again... *chuckles* it should be fine =O
Old 06-02-2009, 05:59 PM
saetarshadowflare is on a distinguished road
Well, if we are to add races, they all need benefits and weaknesses, even to the god slaying powers, would make many fights more interesting.
Here's a short list of races and benefits i think are fair and balanced to all, plus who's to say there wont be potions to change your race?

Human- max 21 cha, no applied weakness/resistances

Elf - max 21 dex, +10-20 magic resist

Dwarf max 21 con +20 fire resist +10 cold resist -10 poison resist -10 sustenance(DWARF NEEDS FOOD)

Demon max 21 str +20 fire resist +10 magic resist -10 cold resist - 20 holy word resist

Angel max 21 wisdom +20 holy word resist +10 lightning resist -20 death resist -10 fear resist

orc max 21 str +20 poison resist -20 magic resist

Troll max 21 con +30 poison resist -30 fire resist

Gnome max 21 int +20 magic resist -20 cold resist

Mindflayer max 21 pow +30 magic resist unable to use weapons(idk about this one, just needed something for pow)

Classes:
Barbarian max 21 str
Warrior max 21 con
Sorceror max 21 pow
Alchemist max 21 int
Priest max 21 wis
Theif max 21 dex

idk you you would want the races and classes to both have stat maxes, or just different applied weakness/resistance, either way it would make the game 100x more fun and more diverse.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:05 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by saetarshadowflare View Post
That's a pretty nice idea, but perks and constraints shouldn't be limited to stats, that would just be used for 30/30/30.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:29 PM
saetarshadowflare is on a distinguished road
yeah thats why i was adding applied weakness/resistances since there is no weapon skill...unless you mean to add bonuses to the actual skills we level, which would be nice
in that case
Barbs and warriors get +5 physique
thieves get +5 dex
sorcs get +5 magic
priests get +5 prayer
alchemists get +5 mental

or maybe they could gain an extra 25-50% exp in the skill they should be adept in.

I also tried to keep resistances to the spells that actually work, and avoiding things like acid,fear,paralyze,blind ect. since they do nothing.

classes could also benefit ac/wc/spell and prayer damage i suppose, as well as chance to be successful with alchemy
Barbs get +3 ac/wc
Warriors get +5 damage +2 ac
Thieves get +5 ac
Sorcs get increased spell points and higher spell damage
priests get increased prayer points and higher prayer damage, possibly more use of prayers even when grace is too low
alchemists get more sp and hp as well as less failing in alchemy

there are plenty of tangents, but there still should be some limitation on it all.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
(...They have people to do the balancing, testing, and bug fixing... Just no pixel artists. (...)
Rly? I can't see a problem with the graphics, but the bug list is long.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Either I couldn't read this properly, with my lowisch english, or what you are telling there brings it straight to the point and made me laugh.
I have no idea what you're even trying to say here.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:28 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Rly? I can't see a problem with the graphics, but the bug list is long.
There's no one to do the graphics. Appearance is a big part of this, it shouldn't be some novel thing just for stats like Zodiac's.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Quote:
I have no idea what you're even trying to say here.
Guess it is supposed then, that every third thing doesn't work at all, does work every now and then, is disabled or just one and another way bugged. But at least it looks good. Wasting my breath here, im out of this.