Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Ok Ziro, you are being really rude!
I work in several projects, and most people actually understand that my graduation comes first! Why the hell do you assume that Graal could be more important then Real Life? I understand Björn in this case, but I still dont understand the complete lack of updates on GKs side.

And flaming someone will not help at all, Ziro, try to cool it on the offending
Old 03-23-2008, 08:27 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
(WHY THE HELL DO WE HAVE TO REPEAT OURSELVES SO OFTEN?! DO YOU LACK THE INTELLECTUAL CAPABILITIES TO UNDERSTAND THAT GK IS DYING, AND IT'S YOUR JOB TO FIX IT?!)
exactly. gk is dying and you dont care
Old 03-23-2008, 09:48 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Spoiler: It's not making money because he's not making content.
Arbitrarily adding content probably isn't going to help attract new players, and adding content for old players definitely isn't going to help attract new players.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:49 PM
jonnyrocks2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jonnyrocks2 Send a message via MSN to jonnyrocks2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
Arbitrarily adding content probably isn't going to help attract new players, and adding content for old players definitely isn't going to help attract new players.
Needs more advertisement, needs more things to do...Basically a little bit of everything.
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelfonne
Pfft. It takes a real man to play a girl...
Old 03-23-2008, 11:08 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Look how often Zone updates. Look at the content. Stefan cares about Zone, it gets updates and has been made with the player's enjoyment in mind. Whereas Gk doesn't have any of that flair that would attract people. There's nothing to amount to because we've seen all Gk has to offer after about a month. If they brought in new stuff, anything, at least a decent monthly update, worked on quests, worked on a way to change the game, there would be a reason for someone to log on and say "Hey, here's something new and exciting" rather than "Hey an npc has been re-released after 4 months, let's use it and then get bored".
Old 03-23-2008, 11:16 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Quote:
There's nothing to amount to because we've seen all Gk has to offer after about a month.
Do you really think players are exhausting all of GK's content? Do you have any idea how tiny the percentage is of players who actually ever become strong enough to do a brutal or immense map is?

Quote:
If they brought in new stuff, anything, at least a decent monthly update, worked on quests, worked on a way to change the game, there would be a reason for someone to log on and say "Hey, here's something new and exciting" rather than "Hey an npc has been re-released after 4 months, let's use it and then get bored".
Actually, it would be like "Hey, here's something new and exciting, let's do it for a day and then get bored".
Old 03-23-2008, 11:22 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Do you really think players are exhausting all of GK's content? Do you have any idea how tiny the percentage is of players who actually ever become strong enough to do a brutal or immense map is?
"Ocool, randomly generated maps that have monsters that are, surprise surprise, the same as the ones in every other map like this! Let's kill them and level up, which will in no way change the game play!"

Quote:
Actually, it would be like "Hey, here's something new and exciting, let's do it for a day and then get bored".
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345
If they brought in new stuff, anything, at least a decent monthly update, worked on quests, worked on a way to change the game

Last edited by kia345; 03-23-2008 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: grmmr
Old 03-23-2008, 11:46 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
"Ocool, randomly generated maps that have monsters that are, surprise surprise, the same as the ones in every other map like this! Let's kill them and level up, which will in no way change the game play!"
Put it in those terms if you want, but there are grinding games out there that pull in huge numbers of players. The point wasn't that maps are "good" content (though I should point out that for the purpose of what we're talking about "good" is defined solely by ability to attract players, not by how "fun" you deem it to be) but merely that the idea that the problem isn't that Graal Kingdoms doesn't have enough content and that players are running out of content to play. If there's a content problem, it's that GK has the wrong content, and adding more of the wrong content isn't going to help. I also wanted to point out to people who think that adding stronger monsters is a solution that stronger monsters is something that wouldn't affect very many players.

By the way, maps were pretty popular for a pretty long time and the first few times I did brutals/immenses, they were quite a challenge.

Quote:
If they brought in new stuff, anything, at least a decent monthly update, worked on quests, worked on a way to change the game
Are you trying to say that interest in updates only lasting for a few days to a week at most isn't a problem if they happen once a month?

As for quests, traditional quests are a huge waste of development time and largely getting rid of them was one of the best moves GK, Zone, Zodiac, etc. have made. Traditional quests take a huge amount of time to develop and players play them for a few hours at most.

"Changing the game" is something that would actually work, but requires knowing exactly what way of changing it is going to be effective.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:39 AM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Zone is making money because people play it. Its a simple shoot em up game. Very easy to update and make more stuff for. Gk is far harder to get stuff for and they just aren't selling the gelats on it like they are on zone and I doubt they would ever sell gelats like they do on zone.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:41 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
People play it because it's worth playing.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Ok Ziro, you are being really rude!
I'm being completely rational.
Under the circumstances, my attitude should be expected.

Quote:
I work in several projects, and most people actually understand that my graduation comes first!
That's great. Hope your graduation goes well.

Quote:
Why the hell do you assume that Graal could be more important then Real Life?
Why the hell do you assume that's my belief?

Quote:
I understand Björn in this case, but I still dont understand the complete lack of updates on GKs side.
Isn't Bjorn the one responsible for the lack of updates?
Every looks to him as a sort of server manager... Tell me if I'm missing something.

Quote:
And flaming someone will not help at all
It could help. Nothing else seems to be working.

Quote:
Ziro, try to cool it on the offending
I'll try. But I'll likely feel the urge to continue once GK's activity falls again soon.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:26 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
hhhhhhaaaaapppppyyyyyy eeeeeaaaaasssssstttttttteeeeeeerrrrrrr.
easters over.
+ tig & stephen were the only ones who did anything for it.
bjorn shouldnt be doing his job if hes too busy with life.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Bjorns busy studying for two upcoming exams and graduation Elizabeth...excuse him for wanting to pass his exams.

I didn't like the egg dungeon. It drained my mana just killing one of the smaller egg monsters...although I usually had enough left to kill all the smaller ones.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
If his exams are more important this his work for Graal Kingdoms he should step down and let other people handle it.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:58 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAzerothx View Post
If his exams are more important this his work for Graal Kingdoms he should step down and let other people handle it.
This is still something Unixmad and Stefan have to decide, not the community.
Björn is not blocking a staff position. IF there is somebody else able doing a good job, Stefan will hire him/her in addition to björn.
Closed Thread