Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 04:34 PM
nightslayer317 will become famous soon enough
Iphone Client Glitch

Today on Unholy Nation, I witnessed two accounts using a glitch that they claim comes from using the Iphone client. They are able to connect using a tool that allows them to walk faster than the other players, but they are not able to use their sword. The accounts xAndrewx (who is from Era Iphone) and Squirt (who is from classic Iphone) were both seen using this glitch.

Is there an actual glitch that allows them to use this tool on Unholy Nation even if they aren't staff? And if there is, is the PWA aware and working on it?

Thanks in advace.

-Red
Old 12-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightslayer317 View Post
Today on Unholy Nation, I witnessed two accounts using a glitch that they claim comes from using the Iphone client. They are able to connect using a tool that allows them to walk faster than the other players, but they are not able to use their sword. The accounts xAndrewx (who is from Era Iphone) and Squirt (who is from classic Iphone) were both seen using this glitch.

Is there an actual glitch that allows them to use this tool on Unholy Nation even if they aren't staff? And if there is, is the PWA aware and working on it?

Thanks in advace.

-Red
Well, they are both staff on iPhone servers. What you have depicted here sounds like they used their iPhone clients on other servers, along with their tools, which is not only a huge violation of rules but also is punishable with a permanent ban I believe.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:23 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like awesome debugging measures.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:24 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
From what I've been told, iPhone staff's stafftools stay present even when they log onto another server. (I remember one of the staff telling me that)

As far as banning them because of this.... No.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:29 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
I heard about this a while ago and apparently it is a known bug but have no idea if an attempt to fix it has been done or not.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
Well, they are both staff on iPhone servers. What you have depicted here sounds like they used their iPhone clients on other servers, along with their tools, which is not only a huge violation of rules but also is punishable with a permanent ban I believe.
Staff on iPhone server usually use the Graal V6 client for Windows/Linux/Mac instead of their iPhones/iPod Touch etc so that description is slightly wrong but it seems that the tools are not destroyed when changing server.

Also a permanent ban is a little too far because it is a glitch and not their fault and in my opinion they should only be punished for it if they use the tools on ot her servers.

Last edited by cyan3; 12-24-2010 at 05:47 PM..
Old 12-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
From what I've been told, iPhone staff's stafftools stay present even when they log onto another server. (I remember one of the staff telling me that)

As far as banning them because of this.... No.
Xor would say otherwise.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
sounds awesome =0
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 12-24-2010, 06:22 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
It's not a glitch, iPhone servers are "Login" servers so the scripts stay when warping to another server.

So they were using their staff tools on the iPhone servers on UN, probably shouldn't of done that.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Old Account
Zeke_iPhoneGP is on a distinguished road
Yea the staff tools carry over from iPhone. Xor specifically instructed all iClassic staff to restart our clients entirely before playing on other servers..
Wafflez: thats why we pull out the pizza rolls when xor is back
Old 12-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Haxor!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
Xor would say otherwise.
No, No he wouldn't.

This isn't a glitch, this isn't even a problem. Andrew is mostly the reason for the Era iPhone app, and Squirt is a longtime staff member in the entire graal community..

To summarize..Stefan will fix the tools not being destroyed, and everything will go back to normal.

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
It's not a bug, it's actually intended functionality.

iPhone servers are login servers (as has already been said), which means that clientside scripts are automatically being carried across to other servers after logging onto these servers. Generally we trust that people don't abuse this functionality when working on iPhone servers but if it becomes a problem then it should be reported to me and I can do something about it.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:07 AM
nightslayer317 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
It's not a bug, it's actually intended functionality.

iPhone servers are login servers (as has already been said), which means that clientside scripts are automatically being carried across to other servers after logging onto these servers. Generally we trust that people don't abuse this functionality when working on iPhone servers but if it becomes a problem then it should be reported to me and I can do something about it.
Thank you for the response.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:39 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightslayer317 View Post
Thank you for the response.
Didn't I tell you the same exact thing
Old 01-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Is the rule for not logging directly from iPhone servers to elsewhere still being enforced?
It's been happening a lot as of late.