Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Era PC in relations to Era iPhone

So with iEra out has there been any recent incline on player count for PC? Another question has PC Era been abandoned by dev staff D: or is there positive hope for the future PC version?
Old 12-24-2010, 02:36 AM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
So with iEra out has there been any recent incline on player count for PC? Another question has PC Era been abandoned by dev staff D: or is there positive hope for the future PC version?
Actually, I thought I saw an increase.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:37 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
From my own experience on what is merely an Under Construction server you'll certainly get a hefty amount of new visitors, I would also suggest writing up a pre-saved reply to copy & paste from to prepare for countless people asking "can i b admin".
Old 12-24-2010, 03:35 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I would also suggest writing up a pre-saved reply to copy & paste from to prepare for countless people asking "can i b admin".
"no"

Old 12-24-2010, 03:49 AM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
"no"

Lol.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:49 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
"no"

The problem with just saying "no" is that 99% of the time the response will be "y".
Old 12-24-2010, 03:51 AM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
The problem with just saying "no" is that 99% of the time the response will be "y".
My response:
HEY LOOK IT'S STEFAN!
*Runs away*
Old 12-24-2010, 03:52 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
N-Pulse actually has a toy doll of a noob that repeat questions that they'll ask you.

It's like training yourself to know a noob.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:42 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
it's quite sad that the iphone version of graal has more players than the pc version, and the pc version has been around for years and years.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
it's quite sad that the iphone version of graal has more players than the pc version, and the pc version has been around for years and years.
Not really. There is no central database of computer games that people can search and find games(easily). Graal doesn't advertise at all, so the only way you find out about Graal is if you randomly stumble upon it or someone tell you about it(many people seem to be embarassed about the fact they play Graal).

On the other hand Graal on the iPod touch is placed in a list of games that people can go through. And it's free(Classic was), and people often go through the list of free games. It pretty much advertises itself.

Oh, and PC Graal has some insane prices that can immediately turn people off.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:24 AM
xChugxLifex
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Not really. There is no central database of computer games that people can search and find games(easily). Graal doesn't advertise at all, so the only way you find out about Graal is if you randomly stumble upon it or someone tell you about it(many people seem to be embarassed about the fact they play Graal).

On the other hand Graal on the iPod touch is placed in a list of games that people can go through. And it's free(Classic was), and people often go through the list of free games. It pretty much advertises itself.

Oh, and PC Graal has some insane prices that can immediately turn people off.
you're disagreeing with me when you just backed my point up :P I'm trying to say that it's sad because the PC version should have just as much advertising and cost efficiency as the iPhone version since it's been around for so much longer.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:30 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
you're disagreeing with me when you just backed my point up :P I'm trying to say that it's sad because the PC version should have just as much advertising and cost efficiency as the iPhone version since it's been around for so much longer.
I'm disagreeing with trying to compare the two on level ground when they have a much different background, not with the fact that it is a sad situation for us.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:49 AM
xChugxLifex
Quote:
I'm disagreeing with trying to compare the two on level ground when they have a much different background, not with the fact that it is a sad situation for us.
Graal has been around for quite a long time. I feel like there should have been a lot more improvements in the game engine, content, popularity, and reasonable prices given such a time span.

Instead, it has done nothing but go downhill and now the same game on a phone is more popular than it's original version. To me, that seems so backwards.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Graal has been around for quite a long time. I feel like there should have been a lot more improvements in the game engine, content, popularity, and reasonable prices given such a time span.

Instead, it has done nothing but go downhill and now the same game on a phone is more popular than it's original version. To me, that seems so backwards.
Graal on the PC needed to be maintained and advertised, and the price didn't help. Then comes the iPhone. Stefan does a little porting(and I think only a little, as I vaguely remember him saying it didn't take much to get it running on the iPhone), uploads it with an empty overworld that they worked on for 2 weeks(literally) and BAM, the rest does itself. iPhone Classic managed itself, and apparently players are easily satisfied.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:18 AM
xChugxLifex
Quote:
Graal on the PC needed to be maintained and advertised, and the price didn't help. Then comes the iPhone. Stefan does a little porting(and I think only a little, as I vaguely remember him saying it didn't take much to get it running on the iPhone), uploads it with an empty overworld that they worked on for 2 weeks(literally) and BAM, the rest does itself. iPhone Classic managed itself, and apparently players are easily satisfied.
This doesn't surprise me. I just wish there was more effort being made towards the PC version because there's a lot of potential.