Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Dragonosteel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Un

Currently, UN is a terrible server with a plethora of obnoxious NPCs and an overwhelming amount of hats.

While I may insult the current state of the server, keep in mind I'm not doing it to be an asshat because I clearly care about it enough to post this topic.

UN's main problems:
a. There's almost nothing to earn.
-- The server's players are constantly being showered with (cheap) new hats and NPCs, especially during holidays. Christmas easily ruined the only real form of economy UN hat (hat trading) because rare hats were showered onto the server for about 500g each (or less).
b. All of the NPCs are either really useless or really ***.
-- NPCs like Slap, Water Gun, whatever other annoyance NPCs. They should all be put in the protection NPC. I've even seen popular players like Wynde be harassed with Pillow so much while she was trying to converse, to the point she became frustrated. Now that Pillow is on Protection, you have Slap which EVERY retard and noob has and they won't stop using it.
-- Old rings like Poison Ring (why is it still in the shop if it's broken?), Aqua Ring, and several other NPCs are entirely either broken or useless. I have a ton of random NPCs I almost never touch. Most of it are NPCs that get old fast (Super Mushroom, in example) and have no practical use on the server.
c. Nothing has longevity.
-- Occasionally an "oh so cool" release is out such as the Bowling Alley. A lot of people used it at first but now it's very rarely used. This goes the same as a lot of the NPCs. The mushrooms were popular as hell when they came out, now they're useless.

UN staff really need to shape this server up.
I personally would hate to see some of my more cherished hats and NPCs to go, but this has to be done:

Server reset.

It's an unpopular option but nothing of UN has value anymore.

Before the reset, staff need to figure out how to cut down the amount of items and hats given out. Hat shop was always a past-time of UN but over recent Managers, the hats are way too abundant and way too cheap. Malinko actually did it right because most (if not all) of the hats were new, so he wasn't screwing over the rarity of other hats.

What NPCs are given out easily should be remotely useful. NPCs like Nationz Dating, Pumpkin Launcher, Carry, that are there to be "cool" need to be more earned so people will do something to get them.

Destroying the hat and NPC economy over Christmas is a huge no.

I guess several hat tickets are given out monthly. This needs to be fixed.

Less EP needs to be given out in events. Since the playercount is smaller, the EP given out should accommodate this. A noticeable amount of players have an obscene amount of EP (especially because there's also nothing to use it for).

Either this or the cost of hat shops or whatever else UN may have in the future needs to drastically increase (for the good hats at least, leave the **** to the noobs)

Fix ****ing Castle Wars. I was there with my guildbies from (Blessed) and I got glitched at least 3 times. They told me it's been glitchy for years.

IMO Certain NPCs/hats need to be earned by certain accomplishments on UN.
i.e. (meaning not exact NPCs or stats) a player can earn Webshot by earning 1400 kills or whatever. Not that great of an NPC, not that great of an accomplishment.
Then a player can earn something nicer like Battering Ram for 3000 kills in Castle Wars.

Win x amount of spars for x NPC.

Winning x amount of events can win you a certain type of hats
Winning x amount of spars can win you certain types of hats

I don't really know, just something that would want to get people out of there.

Since people will take the "omg i suck at ____ i will never get this ___", give them little retards for their participation. Other games have figured out this seems to work.

I played Classic for a little while before it's death.
There was more guild and PKing activity on that dying server of 20-30 people than there is on UN right now and that's honestly really sad.

Nothing in this topic is really too development heavy.
Just make use of what UN currently has (Achievement System, CW, Bowling, Adoption Center, etc, etc) and make it worthwhile to the players in rewards for accomplishments.

I know UN has some currently good NATs and at least Mystic as an LAT. Streety still GATs, so none of this should honestly be too hard.

It wouldn't really hurt to put off development for a bit to make the server less *** because you're just going to keep going through the vicious "ok we finally made something it's so cool"... Months later "dam no 1 uses it anymore, o well next pointless project" cycle.

Even stupid **** like "You adopted 10 people! Here is your bra hat, you busy mother!" would probably get them going.

I hope that there are others that will agree with me on what is posted, hopefully attracting the attention of UN staff, and maybe something can get done.

/end bored in the morning rant.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
inb4threadclose
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 11-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
inb4threadclose
Why would it be closed? He put some good thought into this thread.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 11-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Why would it be closed? He put some good thought into this thread.
if he were trying to be serious, i didn't notice because of all stars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonosteel View Post
/end bored in the morning rant.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 11-24-2010, 02:38 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonosteel View Post
Currently, UN is a terrible server with a plethora of obnoxious NPCs and an overwhelming amount of hats.
Currently? I'm sorry but UN was never anything BUT a plethora of obnoxious NPCs. When hats were finally released to public servers, it was a plethora of obnoxious NPCs and an overwhelming amount of hats. Nothing more.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:41 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Currently? I'm sorry but UN was never anything BUT a plethora of obnoxious NPCs. When hats were finally released to public servers, it was a plethora of obnoxious NPCs and an overwhelming amount of hats. Nothing more.
+ The only thing going for it now is that it's the only Classic server with a player-count.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
What UN needs is a manager with huge balls to just scrap everything and pull something decent out of his gigantic butthole.
I thought it was necessary to remind people of this notion .
Old 11-24-2010, 06:01 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
congratulations on thinking like everyone else over 13 who has ever logged on UN bro
Old 11-24-2010, 06:45 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
+ The only thing going for it now is that it's the only Classic server with a player-count.
w0rd.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
congratulations on thinking like everyone else over 13 who has ever logged on UN bro
this.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
I often feel that the phrase "Classic Style Server" is used wrongly, Unholy Nation and Npulse are commonly referred to as one but while I realise alot of people have varying ideas as to what the actual Classic Server should be the more common ideal for it among the ages is something much different, I personally don't feel UN is a "Classic Style Server", though the whole situation isn't helped by the fact the PlayerWorlds Tab is/was referred to as the Classic Tab and the fact there has been several different eras of the actual Classic server, I'm not sure if this is in reference to the Server or the Tab, I suppose Graal iPhone does little to create a more accurate perception too.

Last edited by ffcmike; 11-24-2010 at 08:25 PM..
Old 11-24-2010, 07:26 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
UN is a minigame server. It's Mario Party.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
UN is a minigame server. It's Mario Party.
God you are so right. But so is N-Pulse (if anyone says no I will castrate you with a meathook.)

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
God you are so right. But so is N-Pulse (if anyone says no I will castrate you with a meathook.)
To be fair Classic 2005 - 2009 was also commonly referred to by those who'd played pre-npcserver as "Mario Party without the Party", ideally there'd be a more professional term used for this description.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
To be fair Classic 2005 - 2009 was also commonly referred to by those who'd played pre-npcserver as "Mario Party without the Party", ideally there'd be a more professional term used for this description.
I don't think we can call any servers "classic", not title-wise by theme-wise. In reality Graal is just a bunch of servers that took original ideas from other games. Zodiac has the average MMO characteristics, Zone was much like starwars for a while, Classic at one point was basically like "A link to the past" etc. So of course UN would seem dull to you (directed towards Dragonosteel) because its basically an old idea just morphed with players and the ability to interact. I suggest Graal comes up with its own new original idea and maybe we can have a better time.