Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum > Era Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 11:13 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
So will it be possible to have 160 hp for those who have the bounty hunter bonus?
Yes.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:31 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
tl;dr: If not cookies, it will be something else...all you will accomplish in the end is to remove something that creates a great deal of entertainment for a lot of players.
-------------

Something to consider before you make everything fun in the game useless...

I owned a food business back when food was changed from working like cookies (instant health) to heal-over-time, so I personally saw how much of a difference that change made, and it wasn't all good.

Instant heal:
  • Pro: Food businesses were poppin' off, and everyone wanted to work there.
  • Pro: I made a ****-load of money
  • Pro: Huge money sink (50% tax usually)
  • Pro: Pking was more exciting (in my opinion)
  • Pro: Reason to make money, and spread out/pk on the gmap
    • Everyone used to carry A LOT of food on them at all times in order to keep up with everyone else. Because of this, players were always spending money. To spend money, you need to go out and make it first. Boring, yeah, but from making money came competition and pking. Parties were formed to control certain areas on the beach or areas with the best flowers, and people pked.
  • Con: Pking could be very, very lame when food was abused

Heal-over-time:
  • Pro: Pking is more fair
  • Con: Food businesses are pretty much useless, and believe it or not, food businesses were fun for a lot of people
  • Con: Removed one of the server's biggest money sinks
  • Con: Raiding and pking are less exciting (in my opinion)
  • Con: People still find ways to have an unfair advantage, so what did it solve?

To be more specific, messing with cookies is going to do more than just make raiding "fair", and the consequences are something that need to be considered. For example, I'm sure a lot of people join every event they can just to get two more cookies. With cookies useless, they might not even bother joining events anymore.

Cookies probably do a need to be balanced a little bit, but don't go overboard to the point where they become useless.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:59 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
I've added a 60 second timer between cookie uses. I don't think this will cripple them too much.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Wondering..
emoman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to emoman Send a message via MSN to emoman
I liked the other unstick me, I forget who was manager at the time but it was just a square green little park in the center.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:38 AM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoman View Post
I liked the other unstick me, I forget who was manager at the time but it was just a square green little park in the center.
How long ago was that? :O
Old 06-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Wondering..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logababy View Post
How long ago was that? :O
I think it was maybe during Smu era ? I'm most likely wrong but it didnt last for a long time. It was pretty small and was always populated

Graal Ghetto (lol) had it for it's duration too.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:02 PM
the fake one
I didn't mind the smaller bushed-in unstick me but I don't see any reason the go back to it. The current one is nicer.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Wondering..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterhunk View Post
I agree, and when the playercount goes up due to summer, re-add a third gang too.
Terisu
Old 07-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoman View Post
Terisu
hey good idea, or you could try reviving morano for the 19th time.
or try something original, maybe? nah.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:05 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
too bad it's summer and the player count didn't rise -_-, or not enough for a third gang in my opionion
Old 07-02-2010, 07:41 AM
*****butt.
Robocop300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Take a page from Salesman's book and try doing something like removing all that timer bull**** on healing items.

You've done step 1 by redesigning the way HP is earned in the game, redesign the way healing is done and remove the timers.

Era seems to lose what once made it so fun to play once all these "features" and innovations come into play to try to make the server much more balanced. In reality all that's needed is:

-fair prices on weapons - all (save for a very, very, very, very limited few weapons - PL9 Log. for example) should be available equally to all players.

-healing restrictions removed

-the weight system scrapped - let's take it back to the old school times where you were able to carry about 9,999 of Kuji's hacked ammo boxes.

-revive limitations removed

-weapon taglocks removed

-new plan for southridge, houses aren't needed for ****. make SR the quest island, or provide different pay in terms of digging/flower picking, etc.

-rebuild the highway leading up to chukungai (the northern part of Era that is forgotten) and make that northern portion the industrial part where weapons can be bought among other things

-give people a speed of 1.13 in game ~ 14/16 px per tile.

////////

Create a backup of the current server and at the very least attempt the "no-healing-timer" crap on the server for a day or two. You'd be surprised to see the activity on many fronts rise for Era.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:04 PM
the fake one
Observer mode has been removed. We will have some 4th of July celebrations later tonight.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:33 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
i want to see BMX bikes and bmx rink to do tricks

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 10-05-2010, 01:21 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkldogg View Post
i want to see BMX bikes and bmx rink to do tricks

That was gunna happen but no one pulled through awhile ago
Old 11-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
stock market if a proper way to implement it was found

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.