Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-28-2009, 03:09 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Graal Trojan Virus?

This morning when my dad logged on our main PC computer, he said that he found a trojan virus from Graal.

I don't know if he thinks that it was from graal because he saw the file name when he did a scan of the computer, or if it actually said that it was from Graal.

Help?
Old 06-28-2009, 04:40 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Sounds like your dad is making excuses so he can rid of Graal off his computer, i remember those days. hah. II doubt it's a trojan from Graal, but if your unsure and think you may have accidentally received something in the folder, remove the folder completely, then check your registry and any odd/recent added registries.

Last edited by Matt; 06-29-2009 at 02:02 AM.. Reason: Fixing silly errors because i wasnt paying attention when i posted this.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:54 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Did he scan for it? If so what exactly was infected/a trojan?
Old 06-28-2009, 04:57 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
RC is (falsely) detected by Avira anti-virus as a trojan, but I've never seen Graal detected as anything.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
RC is (falsely) detected by Avira anti-virus as a trojan, but I've never seen Graal detected as anything.
This is the problem @ Elizabeth
Old 06-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
What files is the RC compiled of that makes Avira consider it a trojan?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Just put Graal's folder or at least RC/exe in the scanner's whitelist.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:50 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
This is the problem @ Elizabeth
idk, he found a few in some music files, but they were quarantined. the report also had one in graal, so i think that it was RC.

his response was "you guys shouldn't even be playing graal, it's only creating tons of viruses and trouble for our comptuer!!"
Old 06-28-2009, 05:53 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
his response was "you guys shouldn't even be playing graal, it's only creating tons of viruses and trouble for our comptuer!!"
I'm sure Graal does far more damage to you than it does to your computer .
Old 06-28-2009, 09:58 PM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
I can attest to this. It is my crystal meth.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Lol, my mom always says, " whats graal going to do for you in ten years?, lol this one is funny from my mom " Does anyone care what level you are in graal, if you are level 200 in graal does that make you cool" I laugh so hard when she says this, because there are no levels LoL
Old 06-28-2009, 11:03 PM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
Graal got me into programming, and now that's my living. When I first started development on Graal, I tried being a LAT. Oh how wrong I was :P

Old 06-28-2009, 11:16 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
On Elizabeth's note, I've been getting a Trojan alert every time I try to redownload the level editor.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
My mother never had a clue what Graal was, mostly because all I ever had up was a big text window full of scripts.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:04 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
On Elizabeth's note, I've been getting a Trojan alert every time I try to redownload the level editor.
Are you using Vista?