Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Mules is an unknown quantity at this point
Drops in Crypt

I have no idea how many times that I have done Crypt or how many times friends of mine have done Crypt and have never gotten any thing more then a essence. I think there are a few problems with Crypt drops:

The drop rate is way too low and if it's set that low due to the power of the item drops, then new items need to be added to the boss drop list with less of a rarity value.

If a item does drop, who gets it? The item isn't placed into a random members inventory, so now if I ever decide to do Crypt I have to do it with people I absolutely trust to split the profits if a item does drop. And if some one grabs a drop when we can't see it, how are we supposed to know there even was a drop? So, now instead of having a diverse group of people to do Crypt with, I'm normally forced to do it with people I trust or be forced to possibly lose a drop entirely. Even if a item does drop, personally I would split the profits with all of the members of the group, but I doubt that's the case for every one. So, now I'm in a position where if I do get a drop, I get 1/3 of the value of the said item, more or less.

Why does it have to be so hard and confusing to get the only worthwhile drops in the game? At the least, if there were lesser drops added to the mix people could at least get some thing within 200 crypt runs rather then exp.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
I've never understood why Kvasir essence's weren't used as a sort of token system to gain rewards from some npc's based outside of vanirs hollow (prolly to the north where there's space) who could also give people one time quests like kill x amount of priests / guardians and kill kvasir, or repeatable quests like kill x amounts of zombies. It's like no one thinks of these simple little things that would make a big difference.

As far as item drops go, pretty much only the Sceptre and Dagger drop, rarely. Which is cool if the essence's were used for the above. Darkflame has only dropped for the vimes - cool story.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:02 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
I've never understood why Kvasir essence's weren't used as a sort of token system to gain rewards from some npc's based outside of vanirs hollow (prolly to the north where there's space) who could also give people one time quests like kill x amount of priests / guardians and kill kvasir, or repeatable quests like kill x amounts of zombies. It's like no one thinks of these simple little things that would make a big difference.

As far as item drops go, pretty much only the Sceptre and Dagger drop, rarely. Which is cool if the essence's were used for the above. Darkflame has only dropped for the vimes - cool story.
This. So much.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:56 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Kale and I have killed Kvasir 148 times and received one drop that was not during Halloween (during which time the drop rates were significantly increased). The drop rates definitely need to be increased.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:12 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Drop rates increase or cooldown on Crypt go down would be cool.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Or... Drop rates stay the same, put essence's to use and make some quests - way more fun and more content. Not very hard to achieve either.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:15 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Ya make essences like the golden eggs, except not seasonal. And make them a party drop I guess or ppl would start *****in about me jackin the essence. I'd actually grind dat
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

great idea... and eventually it could be expanded to this!

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...5&postcount=16
Old 05-13-2011, 09:18 PM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
Quote:
Or... Drop rates stay the same, put essence's to use and make some quests - way more fun and more content. Not very hard to achieve either.
/agree

The purpose behind low drop rates is to keep items rare. But that doesn't mean there shouldnt be lower tier items available to those who have been grinding essence.

Additionally, you could have some items requiring components to be combined together to create. Making them still very hard to obtain, while being powerful. Example, weapon hilt, guard, blade, shaft combines to create a powerful weapon. 10x armor plate, armor binding material combine to create powerful armor. You can add legendary crafter npc's who would build these weapons, and maybe even require a quest to be finished before they will work for you.

Making things like this might take a bit more time, but ultimately the extra 2 weeks of work for staff would turn into months of extra work for a player, maybe more.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:00 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
I use my Essences because they're pro for stay alive events and PKing... but I totally agree that they could be used for a simple gear-set. Make a guy standing outside of crypt that says the only way to banish him from this world is to get enough of his own power accumulated to match his might.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:09 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
great idea... and eventually it could be expanded to this!

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...5&postcount=16
That'd be pretty awesome, that thoughts always been circling my head and i think i have it written down somewhere. I'm sure most have thought of it.
Anyway, it'd be really cool if every kingdom had one or two items that were part of the kingdom set, but weren't available to be handed out via kingdom events or through the king. These items would be like lost relics which could be included in the rewards for these Kingdom based instances. I'd say one that drops very rarely from the boss only, and the other drops rarely from the boss but is craftable in one of those golden-egg-like reward shops along with other lesser items. It'd be a nice rp and fun aspect to have in the game.

I'm confident these kingdom based instances could be completed in relatively short amounts of time. Using already existing kingdom tiles from castles/houses and basic generic humanoid npc's, all save Zormite's could be accomplished in a good timeframe. I say zormite because they're fish people, and the current fish heads have no bodies to suit them, it'd just look retarded. Samurai may need a few touches too and in the meantime, introduce new clothes.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:06 AM
ω
not hard to make elves either, and they're the only currently uninhabited island. I'd say we start with them and then decide the outcome if we're going to do more instances in general.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Duergar
you could put some of the lower lvl monsters of each type in the dungeons of the kingdom islands. Put an entrance to the "New Crypt Style Dungeon" in one of the already existing dungeon lvls. would be a really neat idea.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
you could put some of the lower lvl monsters of each type in the dungeons of the kingdom islands. Put an entrance to the "New Crypt Style Dungeon" in one of the already existing dungeon lvls. would be a really neat idea.
I hope we don't use already existing monsters. And are you suggesting a warp to the new dungeons?
Old 05-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Duergar
yeah just make lower level elves and stuff for forest, pirates for cp, ect. and place them in the dungeons. then add the warp somewhere in one of the two lvls of the kingdom island dungeons. would make use of them... all new monsters would be great. I would like to see them released one dungeon at a time, so we don't have to wait so long for all of the content you know.

Some of the other monsters should be released in these dungeons to make the blessings more useful. fairy, goblins, ect.

I just wish i had some talent to help out with the gfx for the new monsters. that seems to be the biggest problem with releasing new content is there isn't really enough good gfx people that want to put the time in for making a long term solution like this for gk.

Something like this would def keep a good flow of newer players playing, cause they would have more places to lvl.