Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Core improvements

Mana Crystals

The war today was awesome on all levels, but in hindsight one thing that could be changed struck me. I was on defense duty so i never saw inside Zormites core, but of what i saw on my side was the crazy amounts of sp churned out. All made possible by Mana Crystals.

Just as scrolls are not permited for their healing and buffing, and leaves too, mana crystals should fall under the same category. When plat isn't a limit, sp isn't a limit, which allows for the creation of a 'lame' amount of walls, directors and spamming. Now just to bat the trolls away - slightly, they're tenacious - this isn't a jab at Zormite and how the war went down. Both sides used similar tactics and all mages, and warriors employ Mana Crystals addictively. In this large scale battle it was just made more evident that sp needs to be controlled in a Core environment.

Juggernauts

I'd like to suggest a new feature in Core, which will be class based. Yes, lets give class a chance to dictate something for once.

When a player kills another player, with either Magic or Melee, they should receieve a slight boost in their hp/sp/grace to keep them going longer and become more unstoppable.

Example of how this would be class based:

Barbarians 25% hp for 1st, 15% subsequent, 5/0%sp, 5/0% grace.

Warriors 20% in hp for 1st, 10% subsequent, 5%sp, 10%grace.

Sorcerers 25/10%sp, 5%hp, 5%grace.

Priests 25/10% grace, 5%hp 5%sp.

Thieves 15/10%hp, 10/5%sp, 10%grace.

Alchemist 15/10%sp, 10/5%grace, 10%hp.

To avoid laming creating complete monsters however, you'll only receive a boost for each individual killed during 1 death cycle. Multiple kills on the same individual won't warrant any bonus.

Refreshing Reward

Killing players would earn you a 'charge', like with the Juggernaut rule, kills made on the same individual won't stack. You'll get the 1 charge for killing WolfieGots 5000times. Charges would basically act in this way: The more charges one aquires during 1 death cycle, the more hp/sp/grace they are rewarded with on respawn after death. They would be class based also and take your subsequent kill reward %'s into account. So 10%hp, 5%sp, 10%grace for warriors. Charges basically multiply these %'s and replenish players on respawn based on their charges. As you can work out, 10 charges would be the maximum and earn you 100%hp, 50%sp, 100% grace as a warrior. Barbarians would only need 7kills to hit 100%hp (we cant give you 150% now...).

By death cycle i do mean, between each death. Death would reset both the refresh and juggernaut bonuses. So you can kill WolfieGots and get bonuses, get killed by Mules and then kill Wolfiegots and get bonuses again.

That's about it.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Also a way to get back in if you get disconnected and were already in the currently active core game.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:49 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Vouch.

Edit: Agreed @cubes
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Craigus will become famous soon enough
Dunno that whole buff thing sounds overly complicated, i tend to agree with the mana crystal thing, also and again i'm not complaining about the tactics used but blocking the door with walls was a bit to good in my opinion i would suggest that we should be able to move through walls like we do directors.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigus View Post
Dunno that whole buff thing sounds overly complicated, i tend to agree with the mana crystal thing, also and again i'm not complaining about the tactics used but blocking the door with walls was a bit to good in my opinion i would suggest that we should be able to move through walls like we do directors.
Complexity is purely scripting limited. If it was employed it'd be fairly basic to understand - I get bonuses for kills? Yes. Cool. I'll kill more.