Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-24-2013, 12:39 AM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
1.Give the name Kingdoms, in Graal Kingdoms, functionality. I'll present the base concept.

A system that allows players to form their own nations (factions) by claiming territory. Players will compete to acquire scarce resource generating nodes for upgrading their faction base and soldiers.

I'm willing to elaborate further, but for now I will keep this basic for the sake of brainstorming general ideas to benefit GK.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbosh View Post
1.Give the name Kingdoms, in Graal Kingdoms, functionality. I'll present the base concept.

A system that allows players to form their own nations (factions) by claiming territory. Players will compete to acquire scarce resource generating nodes for upgrading their faction base and soldiers.

I'm willing to elaborate further, but for now I will keep this basic for the sake of brainstorming general ideas to benefit GK.
We have Kingdoms Wars on GK, Ziro is at the moment finishing the boosts for the Kingdoms. This could maybe make the Kingdoms more attractive in the near future

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 02-24-2013, 01:14 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
The goal is to bring back old players. To do that, you want to make it as attractive to them as possible. Letting them have their items back is a good first step.
A large quantity of new content will bring back old players, not giving them their obsolete gear to do the "same old, same old" with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DripZ View Post
Make crafting actually useful..
This ^

The new content should be dependant on materials found in new dungeons and also require further processing - ie, skin becoming leather. This is an easy update to implement but certainly requires some calculated planning. The great fringe benefit is the creation of new industries - farming materials, selling processed material, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbosh View Post
1.Give the name Kingdoms, in Graal Kingdoms, functionality.
Yea, kingdoms are hugely important to the well-being of GK. I still believe the selling point of GK is the community. The new industries and economies I mentioned above this quote certainly seem to bring people together - kingdoms follow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
We have Kingdoms Wars on GK, Ziro is at the moment finishing the boosts for the Kingdoms. This could maybe make the Kingdoms more attractive in the near future
Kingdom wars were a great effort and an excellent platform to start with - but in the current state feel like little more than an repetitive event. There needs to be incentives for individuals... and sorry guys, getting the ferry for free doesn't count. I'm talking about special resistances, damage / experience multipliers, etc - mind you, these are all intended to be temporary boosts.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:13 AM
DripZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to DripZ
Forgot to mention but we need a PvP area not a spar arena, since spars the damage is wild. Not even balanced. Anyway this idea may have been suggested idk though it would be neat to implant a PK Point system a certain amount of kills would grant an item and if you'd die you would lose more points then you gain from a kill, but flaws come with idea but can be prevented like laming the same person plenty of times can be stopped if you can only kill that same person twice or even only like 10 kills per day. I personally find fights last way to long there's plenty of reasons for that but the biggest one that seems to occur is people running. There should be a cost for running if you make a new system. I think that just like in the spar arena you're speed gets lowered it should get lowered in the (main) PvP area/arena otherwise instead of running outside this place they run in circles praying. This is just what I think without a doubt there will be more ideas regarding PvP.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:19 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
A large quantity of new content will bring back old players, not giving them their obsolete gear to do the "same old, same old" with.
Agreed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I'm not saying this would fix GK, but it would help. It's also important, for example, to make the server attractive to new players. The old playerbase is just an easy market to target.
My point is just that there are a lot of old players who would be willing to give GK another shot if they could start back where they left off. Having lost my gear a few times from neglecting to repair a house, I can tell you from personal experience that knowing you will have to start over makes returning to GK seem very unattractive.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:41 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Redo the whole overworld, add different zones with themes so exploring gets interesting, also try to make the monsters more interesting by giving them special powers or w/e (see this list for ideas)

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura aboutgravator has a spectacular aura about
for the crafting aspect of GK i would suggest having different resources on the different kingdom islands as a way to promote some travel now and then if you find a recipe that calls for that particular resource, sort of like having gold and coal found on one island, iron and stone found on another.

Not sure if it will be possible but revamp the different class skills? Sure you could roleplay as the character you start with but making a barbarian that understands alchemy, complex magic and prayers seems a bit unreasonable.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
for the crafting aspect of GK i would suggest having different resources on the different kingdom islands as a way to promote some travel now and then if you find a recipe that calls for that particular resource, sort of like having gold and coal found on one island, iron and stone found on another.
Yea, that's a nice idea. I wouldn't suggest simple farming - but perhaps a kingdom dungeon where people can grind and train.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Yea, that's a nice idea. I wouldn't suggest simple farming - but perhaps a kingdom dungeon where people can grind and train.
We have kingdom dungeons, possible to add new monsters which give decent EXP and drop some stuff to craft items. Thanks for the Idea.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 02-25-2013, 05:55 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Writing a new combat engine and re-scaling experience requirements would be a great start.

Last edited by Draenin; 02-25-2013 at 06:07 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
We have kingdom dungeons, possible to add new monsters which give decent EXP and drop some stuff to craft items. Thanks for the Idea.
I'm gonna go ahead and ask you to please not do that. Kingdom dungeons make very little sense in terms of their placement and their layout. They are horrible to navigate to and through.

Rather than having another grinding dungeon where monsters are thrown in at random I'd like to see some thought behind dungeons and their monsters. You can really make use of kingdom islands here. A samurai prison? Hell yes. Prisoners are rioting and the samurai guards have locked the dungeon gate. Inside the prison zormite and pirate captives are fkn **** up and you need to settle things... With your battle axe.

Thats the kind of stuff I'd like to see rather than oversized bland maze levels filled with free exp because frankly that's stuff we already have enough of. Copy pasting old content isn't going to move GK anywhere.

Edit: to clarify im against the already existing kingdom dungeons. If new dungeons were made on the islands with specific themes and that made sense im obviously all for it
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:27 PM
biggiant is on a distinguished road
How about another dungeon like vanirs hollow with new monsters, new rewards and the most important of all: good exp and A DROP FOR EVERY PERSON IN THE PARTY
Old 02-25-2013, 03:20 PM
xXKajalXx will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to xXKajalXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXKajalXx
Quote:
It should be possible to recover these items I think.
Houses with 100 % need 100 days to collapse. Thats already pretty slow. So I think they are fine. Or you want them collapsing even slower? Dont know if collapsing not at all is a good idea though
This doesn't work as far as I've been told by Stefan (and also Tig if I remember right). I asked Stefan to do so a few times, when "Taikuns" house fell. There were plenty of items inside including acient bamboo, gof, Rows, etc but Stefan couldn't do anything about it, because the level as itself doesn't exist anymore when the house falls (not to mention the dropped stuff inside).
You would have to believe oldbies what they tell you about items they're missing, in case you want to restore their items and this is very abuseable. This is my experience with restoring house stuff. I still have the housekey to that house, but there's no way to restore that stuff, since there is no level anymore.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've been told plenty times, when we asked to get that stuff restored.

The question about collapsing: I'd say make it collapse even slower until we have a higher playercount again. We need to bring life into this server, so we need to secure that people don't lose their stuff by falling houses for now. It's no fun to repair your house at a playercount of 0 people. This made me take all my stuff on an twink (2nd account) and let my house fall. This again made me play even less, since I wasn't able to design my house and take care of it by crafting tables/seats/carpets etc.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:28 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
I had 3 items of choice restored from my fallen house, I just had to remember the level name and said items.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Go for a chest that had many items in it!