Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-17-2005, 12:07 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames
Anyone noticed, other then me, that Graal's dieing? I've been noticing this for about 2-3 months now. Slowly I see my friends quitting. Here I find myself doing the same. I log on and log off in like 5 minutes. Graal need's something new. New Globals, Classic Servers, Something to get more players. I really think the cost for such a non-attracting game is what get's at people and makes them not download it..
I talk to my friends they all say they'd play if they didn't have to pay $28.00. Unholy Nation is atleast trying something new to attract people. I remember it had over 230 players at times. Now there down to 100-150. Era.. Oh, don't even get me started on Era. Era's going through hell right now. No one likes Era anymore. The reset(s) the staff. The poorly qualified managers. It's all going to hell. But, I won't harp on Era's downfall, but theres a majority of players gone down the drain! Alright so we have so many servers to play on *Yay*, yet only 3-4 seem fun. The rest have like 10 players and no one can log on. Sure, we can buy a playerworld! But all of the plan's/ideas get shot down like a duck trying to fly away in duck season. Nothings new. No one responds on the Support Tickets. The only active global staff are extremely ****y and/or never log on. Stefan's busy with whatever, You can never get ahold of him. Maybe I'm just rambling on trying to buy some time in my Computer Applications class. But if any of you feel the same, please tell me so I dont feel like the only one who thinks Graal's dead.
I think you do not know what you are talking about.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:11 AM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld
I think you do not know what you are talking about.
Agreed.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:37 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
why play i mean to a person who has just seen graal on the site and such why play? i mean there are many free games and buy in the store games like guild wars that you know are good and you can always return im not trying to say refunds but like well maybe a better sample thing maybe a trail only server. i know it has been said before but it must suck for a trail to get pked and after a while they think it will just happin over and over. then ontop of that the staff refuse to add new playerworlds then they need to do somehting about all the inactive playerworlds i mean without any activity in a while like maybe a email to the person or something but seriously graal is just well its not changing with the times.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:19 AM
British Guy
pacMASTA has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to pacMASTA Send a message via MSN to pacMASTA
Pac would give stefan 100$ to shutdown ALL servers and go back to just Graal Online, and N-PULSE
Old 05-17-2005, 02:01 AM
That one guy!
thats nice but still something REALISTIC should be done.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:07 AM
zenkou
haro41 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to haro41
ive ranted about this before, but I think increasing the playerworld renting fees would bring in nothing but good things. its a long term solution.

Pac's, while very harsh, is a super short term and probably the best solution right now.

Zenkou for life
Old 05-17-2005, 03:59 AM
That one guy!
there needs to be some choices i mean those are nice for classic stuff but what about modern or hmm maybe role playing and im not a big fan of classic to many egomaniac olbies but still something needs to be done about the playercount decreasing and all the worthless playerworlds.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:39 AM
Velox Cruentus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Velox Cruentus Send a message via AIM to Velox Cruentus
I do believe with the prices of servers going up, the public would take conscious of the fact that players are paying for something they created (and paid for). The only problem here I see is... The players aren't paying the true creators of the playerworld. Basically.. They are paying for people who pay to play their server, and there is NO profit done whatsoever. Of course, advertisement on servers seem like a more-likely idea to be made, however, the income from advertisements aren't quite great. And already the servers are cluttered with crap, I doubt that adding onto that a bunch of ads will make them happy.

To conclude... I do believe that the GO organization should reward playerworlds that actually do update, and keep a high playercount alive and active: Those who want to get something for their work would be compensated, and those who actually create something that would interest players would be benefitted. By cause, GO would benefit due to increase in clientelle, (for plublicity between people would be a lot more effective).

Simple solution... Put a bait for developers to try to reach, and they'll higher the standards of the game tenfold. Otherwise, you're only paying to do volenteer work.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:53 AM
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys
Oh man, I loved Babylon. In my opinion the real downfall of graal started after Babylon went down the drain. (WHY'D YOU HAVE TO CHANGE IT, ALEXANDER?! T.T)
Don't blame alexander. Blame the ****ty influences that he's had over the years. Alexander was the best thing to happen to Babylon, all these people swarming around him give him bad ideas and get him mixed up with what needs to be done, i'm sure if the staff left Alexander to do what he pleased, Babylon would be a competitor again.
All those New Overworlds? Blame Outlaw
All those laggy NPCs? Blame the scripters
All the new Events Houses? Blame me for all I care, I acted out Outlaws (and others) orders.
Alexander isn't the one to be blamed here
Old 05-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Cult of the Winky
DarkShadows_Legend is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadows_Legend
I hate to pick on any one playerworld, but I wonder why Shaded Legend is even on the classic list. It has decent content, but at peak times it just doesn't attract more than a 10-15 player range. It also lags a lot for me, but I guess that is my own computers issues.

"I rather be hated for being myself, than be liked for being what you like best. I go above the influence, not under." - Me
Old 05-17-2005, 08:47 AM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910
I wouldn't say so, I don't think playercount is directly related to graals fall, but the lack of big updates recently more so contirbute to this over playercount which P2P caused.
I thought Graal's fall meant there was a trend of a decreasing population.

Remember, the content is, for the most part, made by the players. How much of GraalOnline's content was made by Linux Cyberjoueurs employees? Graal depends on the volunteering players to develope the content. A decrease in the amount of players should result in a decrease in the amount of updates and content.

Again, I don't know what you mean by "Graal's fall." For me, it could only mean the population dropping Graal going bankrupt (which would be news to me).
Old 05-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Classic Systems Admin
Polo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Polo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadows_Legend
I hate to pick on any one playerworld, but I wonder why Shaded Legend is even on the classic list. It has decent content, but at peak times it just doesn't attract more than a 10-15 player range. It also lags a lot for me, but I guess that is my own computers issues.
I find this comment somewhat poignant. Personally, I have always rated Shaded Legends, and have always been somewhat surprised that it hasn't gained the playercount it deserves.

Proof that the staff are crazy..
*Ghost Pirate: I'm a little teacup short and stubbe here is my raygun here is my butt
DragonX: Jumping jack rabbits Batman! Our eggo waffles have been stolen! To the batmobile Robin!
X-Mann (RC): I have a head ache
Old 05-17-2005, 02:33 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I think its a matter of which playerworlds should be on the hosted/classic tab, there is several servers that get more players that are hosted then the classic tab, and these servers should take there place.

Classic Rant
Classic barely deserves a spot on the Classic list. Its hardly what it used to be, and do to poor Management, nothing is changing. I complained all the time when I worked there, that I wasn't being assigned anything, and then they told me to redesign a piece of the overworld to keep me quiet. Exodus and I made a layout to a quest, and all we needed was a Baddy NPC scripted and a Boss, but no, it was too much for the Scripters to make, and our levels stayed in that temp folder for over two months now. All the LATs on that server either quit or became inactive because of the lack of help or assignments, and its because of Storm, and his choice in Admins (he chose to keep an inactive LAT Admin on, and luckily they are logging on a little more now).
Ventrue, the guild thats slowly taking over every staff position on Classic has their guildhouse updated and uploaded daily. I wish someone cared enough for the work we did to do this for us, but no, we were only LATs, and the mighty Ventrue's guildhouse needs constant updating. Its sad actually, a couple GPs and an FAQ have NC and Level rights, and the LAT team (other then GrowlZ of course) had nothing. Storm was handing out rights, left and right, except where he needed it most, with the staff who were actually trying to make things right on Classic.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velox Cruentus
I do believe with the prices of servers going up, the public would take conscious of the fact that players are paying for something they created (and paid for). The only problem here I see is... The players aren't paying the true creators of the playerworld. Basically.. They are paying for people who pay to play their server, and there is NO profit done whatsoever. Of course, advertisement on servers seem like a more-likely idea to be made, however, the income from advertisements aren't quite great. And already the servers are cluttered with crap, I doubt that adding onto that a bunch of ads will make them happy.

To conclude... I do believe that the GO organization should reward playerworlds that actually do update, and keep a high playercount alive and active: Those who want to get something for their work would be compensated, and those who actually create something that would interest players would be benefitted. By cause, GO would benefit due to increase in clientelle, (for plublicity between people would be a lot more effective).

Simple solution... Put a bait for developers to try to reach, and they'll higher the standards of the game tenfold. Otherwise, you're only paying to do volenteer work.
I agree wholeheartedly. Graal is supposed to be all about letting people create their own content and have it on a world where everyone could enjoy it. But with the playeworld renting, they are making developers PAY to make stuff to attract people to Graal, so that Graal can get even MORE money.

It's bad enough to not reward these developers for dedicating so much of their free time to Graal and helping keep the playercount... but then to charge them even more to do so, it's just ridiculous. It seems like a case of wanting too much money and not really caring about what people think. There is definitely a way that can benefit both Cyberjoueurs and the players/developers, and this is not it.

Top playerworld staff should maybe get free p2p. It's not as if Graal would be losing tons of money doing this. In fact, it would encourage people to work harder so that they can get rewarded, which would make for better content, which would bring more players. REWARD people for all their hard work. It's not a tough concept.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
Yea, of course.. It's always Graal people who debate on anything you say. But this is the point of the forums, I suppose. But, notice how everyone that is pretty stubborn about this (Malinko, Skyld) seem to have something going for them on Graal? Malink is GK Staff.. Pretty good thing to be. Skyld's a Developer on Era. That's also another good position. My point is, if you have something like good weapons, alot of hours, staff somewhere important, you seem to like Graal alot more. First timers log on, get killed, harrased with "newb" "noob" etc.. etc.. then log off. It's just my oponion on everything, sure be jack ass's and deny it to hell.

James,
Manager of Atrius