Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Banned
Magadal will become famous soon enough
GeForce 6600 here, works perfect.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydrct02 View Post
Darlene: what version drivers? That's an important part.
Driver version: 8.4.2.1
Date is in March, 2006
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 11-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Banned
Magadal will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Driver version: 8.4.2.1
Date is in March, 2006
Old drivers :P
Old 11-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magadal View Post
Old drivers :P
Yea, I noticed.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 11-22-2006, 08:02 PM
spydrct02 is on a distinguished road
What processor do you have? I just tried 84.21, and they seem to work about in between. I get the same skipping while moving around in fullscreen 1600 x 1200, and longer than wanted level loads. The ideal level load is when you just walk through a door and keep going as if there's no such thing as a level load. I can get something like that when the Graal window is sized to 50 x 100, but that's impractical to play in.

Level load times in 1600 x 1200:
66.00: 0.2 second
76.44: 0.5 second
78.03: 1 second
84.21: 1 second
90.##+: 2.5 seconds

Gerami, you should compress the video in something like Windows' Movie Maker, as uncompressed Fraps videos can easily go over the 100 MB limit within seconds. YouTube probably won't add codecs that don't compress because of this, and to stop everyone from wondering why it takes a day to upload the video.

Magadal, what driver and CPU?

Last edited by spydrct02; 11-22-2006 at 08:28 PM..
Old 11-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Administrator
Quote:
What processor do you have?
AMD Athlon (tm) 64
3400+
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 11-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Seems like everybody (so far) without the slowdowns has an AMD. Everyone I know that has these problems has an Intel processor. The closest AMD processor I have to test with is at someone else's house.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:55 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Link me to these old drivers please. I'll test with them and say if I'm experiencing a slow down.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:20 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Seems like everybody (so far) without the slowdowns has an AMD. Everyone I know that has these problems has an Intel processor. The closest AMD processor I have to test with is at someone else's house.
I wouldn't have anything but an AMD. I had a pentium4, and didn't like it at all. It was significantly slower in every area then an AMD
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 11-23-2006, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
I wouldn't have anything but an AMD. I had a pentium4, and didn't like it at all. It was significantly slower in every area then an AMD
I must be in for a treat for Christmas, then. Or, hopefully, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
Link me to these old drivers please. I'll test with them and say if I'm experiencing a slow down.
You can download pretty much all of NVIDIA's old drivers from www.guru3d.com. You'll find them in the [downloads -> ForceWare (32 bit)] section.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:10 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I tried the old drivers but they're not compatible with my GFX card or something, because not only did it install and NOT detect my GFX card, but I couldn't even find it in the add/remove programs. Installing 93.97 (my other drivers were 91.47 i think) and will see how it works.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:28 AM
Well, I sorta said that in the first post about newer cards. If you could get a modified nv4_disp.inf file with your card in it, it will work. People make modified .inf files for the drivers that don't originally support all cards, so everyone can try the driver. Unfortunately, the older drivers probably don't have an updated .inf file for the newer cards - or at least I can't find any.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:29 AM
Which old driver version do you think would work on my 7600GT AGP? That way I could test this tommorow.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:50 AM
The oldest driver you'll find for your card that works is probably too new. I've looked around the 80.## drivers, and there's no entries for your card, so the lowest you can go is not much further than what you already have, probably.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:35 AM
Shame. I'll try to get my fraps codec problem fixed and post some videos of different resolutions and such to help the cause. But I think I may know what you're talking about, it takes about .7 seconds to load a level for me as well when I think it should be faster. I tested on Delteria where the NPC server was crashed and 0 players were on (remember npc server was down so no images either!) and it still took the same amount of time.