Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 01:55 AM
DarknessShadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarknessShadow Send a message via MSN to DarknessShadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakonda View Post
It's so true though...
Agreed gs2 is a horrible dumbed down mix of delphi and C style.
Learning gs2 would take a few months to get all the basics and most of the advanced understanding down,and even less if you have a prior programming knowledge.
Pking on the other hand take's a lot longer to perfect.

Ontopic:
someone get warhead back,his guns were the ****.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:07 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessShadow View Post
Agreed gs2 is a horrible dumbed down mix of delphi and C style.
Learning gs2 would take a few months to get all the basics and most of the advanced understanding down,and even less if you have a prior programming knowledge.
Pking on the other hand take's a lot longer to perfect.
Wil did not refer to GS2 though. He just said "scripting", which is basically scripting in general. Also, I'm quite sure that after a "few months", one'd still make some awfully bad mistakes resulting in bad performance and the like.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Ontopic:
someone get warhead back,his guns were the ****.
He was on the other day for a little while. And yeah, his guns are friggin sweet. Except the Lexel.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
He was on the other day for a little while. And yeah, his guns are friggin sweet. Except the Lexel.
Lexel was made by Sia, and I love that gun
Old 03-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Lexel was made by Sia, and I love that gun
oyeah.

warhead made the spartan laser.

i knew it was something ridiculously chunky. it's not a bad graphic, it's just too huge and corny.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Wil did not refer to GS2 though. He just said "scripting", which is basically scripting in general. Also, I'm quite sure that after a "few months", one'd still make some awfully bad mistakes resulting in bad performance and the like.
One can blindly assume I meant scripting in general or can use context clues to see that I obviously meant scripting related to Graal. It honestly is, PKing takes years to get good at, scripting takes far less time. Its just one of those fun facts that you'd normally not think about.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 03-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
One can blindly assume I meant scripting in general or can use context clues to see that I obviously meant scripting related to Graal. It honestly is, PKing takes years to get good at, scripting takes far less time. Its just one of those fun facts that you'd normally not think about.
It'd take years to become a good scripter, too. As someone who knows nothing about programming, you shouldn't assume what being a "good" programmer really means.

I will say that in order to reach a certain level at either programming or pking, you probably have to have some innate skills that cannot be easily obtained through practice (such as problem solving or fast reflexes). Comparing the two is pretty idiotic, but I guess if it makes you feel better
Old 03-14-2010, 10:47 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I will say that in order to reach a certain level at either programming or pking, you probably have to have some innate skills that cannot be easily obtained through practice (such as problem solving or fast reflexes). Comparing the two is pretty idiotic, but I guess if it makes you feel better
I agree with you.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:11 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
stop talking about pking as if it's some art form you need to master. it's just 5 buttons you push.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:36 AM
Everytime I see ya...
Old_Days is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Thats a stupid ****ing statement. I cant script or PK, but I know that scripting can be implemented in computers which can spark your career.

Playing a game cant do ****.

I honestly dont know where the hell you could possibly say such a thing since you have never scripted anything. Look at both sides of the coin before claiming that one side is luckier.

I havent ever scripted anything before, but I tried to, and its hard as hell.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:44 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Days View Post
Playing a game cant do ****.
It can earn you a living. Doesn't last long, though, as reflexes are a key element (usually), and they already get worse by the age of 25 or so.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:23 PM
zz
XyphosMisery is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XyphosMisery
Neither scripting or PKing is hard. It just takes practice to get good at it.
}

Old 03-15-2010, 06:52 PM
DarknessShadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarknessShadow Send a message via MSN to DarknessShadow
Quote:
Thats a stupid ****ing statement.
Way to blunder out more crap,very repetitive with you it.

Quote:
I cant script or PK
Quote:
I havent ever scripted anything before, but I tried to, and its hard as hell.
Quote:
Look at both sides of the coin before claiming that one side is luckier.
Nice contradiction,your horrible at both no right to pass judgement on either.

Quote:
The crap you called a post
He was referring to GS2,which in whole will not spark you anything except a possible ambition to learn a real coding language.Becoming a good gs2 programmer would not take long,since its very very limited.
Player killing takes very good reflects, prediction and timing.
You can't compare the two as they both lack things in common,apart from patience and practising to perfection.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Everytime I see ya...
Old_Days is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Way to blunder out more crap,very repetitive with you it.

Nice contradiction,your horrible at both no right to pass judgement on either.

He was referring to GS2,which in whole will not spark you anything except a possible ambition to learn a real coding language.Becoming a good gs2 programmer would not take long,since its very very limited.
Player killing takes very good reflects, prediction and timing.
You can't compare the two as they both lack things in common,apart from patience and practising to perfection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
And there you go.

And where I am saying that ive tried both, and I am horrible at both, I am. I also do know that it took me a shorter time to PK than to script. My level of scripting or pking doesnt matter ive tried both (for the same amount of time) and from personal experience scripting seems to be harder.

And please tell me where PKing could ever get you a job somewhere if you mention any sports then I will retaliate with a large array of curse words
Old 03-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Finger lickin' good.
Quote:
And please tell me where PKing could ever get you a job somewhere if you mention any sports then I will retaliate with a large array of curse words
I played Battlefield professionally for a little while. Tournaments can earn you some quick cash and new hardware, but nothing to really make a living off of. It's totally not worth it in my opinion...I was quickly burned out because it sucks all the fun out of the game.
Closed Thread