Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Freelancer
reyalS will become famous soon enough
Another Classic iPhone Thread :)

Unfortunately the Classic iPhone server is losing originality. (shock)

Recent News Updates:

*March 24
-Two new heads have been added to the Snowtown General Store.

*March 23
-The picnic blanket and picnic basket have been added to the Little Red Barn.

*March 21
-Two new heads have been added to the pets only room inside the Swamptown Flea Market.

As you can see almost all recent updates involve new furniture and hats. (call it ranting if you want) but we need new material.

It would be neat if we could get some questing and minigames added.
A few months ago the Classic iPhone development team added CTF (Capture the Flag) and people loved that.. for a month

If anyone has some new ideas I would love it if you can email them to [email protected]

-disclaimer: I am not an admin just a user-

Last edited by reyalS; 03-25-2011 at 10:25 PM..
Old 03-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
They might aswell have named the FaceBook account "Classic iPhone Shop Updates".
Old 03-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Freelancer
reyalS will become famous soon enough
lol, sad but true
Old 03-25-2011, 10:16 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyalS View Post
Unfortunately the Classic iPhone server is losing originality.
Graal Classic is unoriginal? Stop the ****ing presses, get the news team in here
Old 03-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Graal Classic is unoriginal? Stop the ****ing presses, get the news team in here
I feel so betrayed

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:02 PM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
What they need to do is hire more active scripters.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:10 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
There have been no updates this year that have made me excited about the server.

I think that is sad.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:30 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
There have been no updates this year that have made me excited about the server.

I think that is sad.
It's good to hear iGraal is getting a taste of what the rest of Graal has to offer.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
It's good to hear iGraal is getting a taste of what the rest of Graal has to offer.
Indeed, considering updates to Graal itself is a very easy task, it's just we don't give a damn anymore.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Nice job
Old 03-26-2011, 12:26 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
What they need to do is hire more active scripters.
Graal iPhone staff are pretty much up them selves apart from a few individuals. Its actually quite an annoying task to work for graal iPhone, you cant go through in-game because you'll get some ******* GP who will ban you from feed back, you cant go through email because chances are the staff will think your just another iNoob.... I'm amazed the server is still as popular as it is. Maybe if iClassic opened there hiring more freely they might be able to get a few good scripters or all round devs that would feel honoured to help but nope... As if thats gonna happen when everyone on iGraal is considered a pesky iNoob who wants to harass Admins about how they can be a GP because they got pc membership and know how to drag people :/
Old 03-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
Graal iPhone staff are pretty much up them selves apart from a few individuals. Its actually quite an annoying task to work for graal iPhone, you cant go through in-game because you'll get some ******* GP who will ban you from feed back, you cant go through email because chances are the staff will think your just another iNoob.... I'm amazed the server is still as popular as it is. Maybe if iClassic opened there hiring more freely they might be able to get a few good scripters or all round devs that would feel honoured to help but nope... As if thats gonna happen when everyone on iGraal is considered a pesky iNoob who wants to harass Admins about how they can be a GP because they got pc membership and know how to drag people :/
I'm sorry, but hiring scripters is a rather risky, and tedious job.
It's also not a complete coincidence with "everyone being considered an iNoob" and that is because when you're looking for people to be hired for basically any server in general and you have people throwing any form of application in as "I want to be a admin because I am a very fun person." as some form of concrete reasoning.

@Needing to have better developers

Either become one yourselves or quit demanding it because you need to realize that scripting for an iPhone server is a pretty sensitive business.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:31 AM
The Muffin Man
I would become a lat on iPhone but theres enough lats even though it doesnt show... also it costs money and learning gs2 is a pain in itself. I already know C#, java, basic and GS1 and while GS2 syntax is relatively simple finding out commands is a nightmare since I havent found any good source. But the biggest punch in the gut is paying to dev on game where alot of money is coming in and you dont get any of it... So many downsides and not so many up. Maybe iClassic should get a new manager, someone who has time to waste rather then a pro who doesnt have time for anything
Old 03-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
finding out commands is a nightmare since I havent found any good source.
http://wiki.graal.us/Index
Try here

Old 03-26-2011, 01:46 AM
The Muffin Man
Many thx, rep+ If only I know about this when I was trying to help out on servers script wise, Oh well no excuses now :P
Closed Thread