Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 04:04 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
you also forgot babord survivor, Wizards and warlocks, graal city survivor, tradewinds, BQ, sumo allstar, treasure hunt, and a lot more.

The events you don't see often but are very fun.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-20-2009, 04:07 AM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
you also forgot babord survivor, Wizards and warlocks, graal city survivor, tradewinds, BQ, sumo allstar, treasure hunt, and a lot more.

ya but if a gc team only aim for the highest number of players in events you know that ctf will be hosted, look at my event, glad was lucky to have 9-10 players playing it, and actually enjoy it.you dont see that everyday. except for sumo(sometime)
Old 05-20-2009, 04:22 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Why wouldn't we aim for the highest number of players to join an event?

Are we really supposed to host a 4 person event with a playercount of 20? (I'm not talking about getting 4 people for an event with 20 people online, im talking about hosting a 4 person only event with 20 people online.)

I've always felt that a GC should try to get as many people as possible involved to make it fun for everyone. Higher numbers brings better competition in my book.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:46 AM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
Why wouldn't we aim for the highest number of players to join an event?

Are we really supposed to host a 4 person event with a playercount of 20? (I'm not talking about getting 4 people for an event with 20 people online, im talking about hosting a 4 person only event with 20 people online.)

I've always felt that a GC should try to get as many people as possible involved to make it fun for everyone. Higher numbers brings better competition in my book.
considering ctf is the ONLY events being hosted...
Old 05-20-2009, 04:48 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Hmmm....be productive and help turn classic isn't something more valuable cherishable and more entertaining than just a ctf server or play an overrated event to no end until it gets really bland?

Now which would you do.
fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post

You forgot pit.

Last edited by EclipsedAngel; 05-20-2009 at 06:29 AM..
Old 05-20-2009, 04:52 AM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipsedAngel View Post
You forgot pit.
i said it
Old 05-20-2009, 04:52 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Laura covered that.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Ok I read throught this, but I didn't get the point.

You want us to delete CTF so staffs won't play it :S?
Old 05-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
Ok I read throught this, but I didn't get the point.

You want us to delete CTF so staffs won't play it :S?

no i said disable ctf until there a way for it to get hosted LESS, what the point in having 30 differents events if ctf is the only one being hosted????

OK THEN bring back the timer and put it on 7 hours
Old 05-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Too much of anything is a bad thing. When CTF was overhosted before, the timer was put in place. Players complained of course but would be standing in line to play when the timer ran out. Before CTF it was sumo that was overhosted. Before that it was Pit.

Moderation and variety is the key to player happiness.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Gladius
Moderation and variety might be the key, but they are limited by a small and very, very selective playercount.

Many people don't join several events b/c they don't like them a lot. That makes sense, but Classic used to be able to get past this problem when we had 25-35 people online. But now that we're scratching to get to 15-25, if we're missing 2-4 people per event, it really kills things.

Sometimes you just got to keep hosting the same dozen events to get as many people as possible, especially in current conditions. When we have higher playercounts, we can open up the variety more since there are enough people joining to make up for the few who don't like that particular event.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
how come people to continue to ignore me whenever I ask why they care so much about an imaginary ticket inflation
Old 05-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Gladius
It's really not that hard to understand.

Supply and demand. When the supply of tickets is so massive, the demand goes down. Thus people don't care as much when they win/lose b/c they already have hundreds of tickets (which they can't use due to either having all the prizes or not wanting to buy them b/c they suck.)

When you have 300 tickets, does winning 2 more really make you happy? Not for most people. The more you have of something, the less it matters to you. The harder something is to obtain, the more you value it.

The point is, since people have so many tickets, they don't have the extra motivational drive to try harder to win events. Winning and losing matters more when something is on the line. When you don't care about what's on the line, you don't care as much about the event nor about winning. People wouldn't leave events as much if they cared about tickets. People would join events more often, even if they didn't like them, if they cared about tickets.

It's pretty simple duda. People aren't motivated to try harder because the prize is something they already have in vast excess.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
It's really not that hard to understand.

Supply and demand. When the supply of tickets is so massive, the demand goes down. Thus people don't care as much when they win/lose b/c they already have hundreds of tickets (which they can't use due to either having all the prizes or not wanting to buy them b/c they suck.)

When you have 300 tickets, does winning 2 more really make you happy? Not for most people. The more you have of something, the less it matters to you. The harder something is to obtain, the more you value it.

The point is, since people have so many tickets, they don't have the extra motivational drive to try harder to win events. Winning and losing matters more when something is on the line. When you don't care about what's on the line, you don't care as much about the event nor about winning. People wouldn't leave events as much if they cared about tickets. People would join events more often, even if they didn't like them, if they cared about tickets.

It's pretty simple duda. People aren't motivated to try harder because the prize is something they already have in vast excess.
talk for urself
im motivated to win them until i have 1k.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Ninja of Classic
fa12 will become famous soon enough
*coughs* In the end this won't really be taken seriously, nothing will happen and eventually no one will care.*takes a sip of hot cider* Just leave ctf, and it's not true that all us GCs only host ctf, we try to host others the majority of times people don't participate blah blah blah or get enough for a 4 player event blah blah. If you say we GCs only host ctf fight me at Dozers asswipes.