Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Banned
Aura is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Okay, yes sir, I'll just make all players have guns and cars...

Wait.

You sure are uncreative.
I'm talking about quests, minigames, and other stuff to do
Old 02-05-2009, 10:00 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Ziplock for Manager.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:36 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Ziplock for Manager.
At this point I dare them to do it just for the hell of it.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:45 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
At this point I dare them to do it just for the hell of it.
Dude Ziplock has so many ideas, it would be the best thing to happen to Classic in the last 4 years.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:57 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura View Post
You sure are uncreative.
I'm talking about quests, minigames, and other stuff to do
I was actually mocking you.

We are currently updating the server, so when you say stuff like "A developer team needs to update it," it is a direct insult.
Thanks.

And as for Ziplock's ideas, he's already development staff on the server, and he usually gives us his ideas and works on some of them himself.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:46 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
And as for Ziplock's ideas, he's already development staff on the server, and he usually gives us his ideas and works on some of them himself.
He should have full control over what is developed. The few simple ideas he shared with me were pretty amazing.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:22 PM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
I dare you guys to make tennis.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Guys, priorities. Let's not tear down anything right now. Let's all just Make Stuff, then once Graal has lots of Stuff we can fight about who's Stuff needs to get erased. Right now there are 2 quests, one that's too easy (except when the server's laghacking you so badly that you get killed going up the stairs, getting hit by baddies on the Previous level who can apparently attack Up, grr) and one that's too hard, we got baddies that kinda work, movement that's the best it's been in years, horses...just Keep Building, add recovering HP in beds, add more quests. Tennis, sure, whatever, as long as People Are Making Stuff.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 02-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
Guys, priorities. Let's not tear down anything right now. Let's all just Make Stuff, then once Graal has lots of Stuff we can fight about who's Stuff needs to get erased.
That is never going to work.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
this is what i never understand u know i been doing a lot of projects with classic tiles and trying to get a new style for ya but still classic u know
u know if yall just redid the gmap make the levels actually good even add a new style make GUI's for talking to the npc's you have great story lines for quest i love them and
u can still make it a sword fighting but update and add new stuff honestly Classic could come back and prob be up top instead of at the bottom
Old 02-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
but good story line quest from the classic's before on graal all of them i seen not just the current ones on the server

Honestly What do you guys think redo levels make a new style for Classic
new gmap new story line add something new to graal actually make it fun
Old 02-09-2009, 02:23 AM
Psionic Youth
REDO = LATER.
DO = NOW.

Jesus, it's not that complicated. Say we're building a house, right? We've got the foundation, we're framing the walls, we're halfway through the drywall and you notice that a few bits here and there are done wrong.
There are two possible avenues from here: we could stop what we're doing, go back to the beginning and redo it now - possibly saving time wasted painting, etc - or we could just keep going, and when we're done assess the actual damage and patch what we need to patch. The Professional Answer is the first one, The Faster Answer is the second one. Right now, I'm saying we keep going and patch it up later. "But a taupe wallpaper would look nicer than the mauve paint!" - I don't care, let's get it done. "But it'd be so much better if we used a new style!" - don't care, I'd rather have Any House At All than No House With The Best Principles.

Add to all this Classic's Constant Handicap, it has to stick to the old style, old tiles, old graphics, or become Just Another Server...

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck

Old 02-09-2009, 02:36 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
But what do you do when the foundation is wrong?
Old 02-09-2009, 03:12 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Tyhm that is a horrible analogy, it would be more expensive in the long run to redo everything after the project is finished.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Psionic Youth
Yeah, I never really got the hang of Analogies. Point is, it's like something that's got a lot of problems, but it's not that tricky to fix things, and if you keep going back and fixing things you'll never finish. I guess it's more like writing an essay freehand - sure, you just noticed an error two pages back, and it'd be better to rewrite that entire page than to line it out and make a correction, but if you keep rewriting the old pages every time you find an error you'll never Accomplish anything, you'll wind up with one page of an essay that never goes anywhere, right? Sure, it'll be a very Nice page, very cleanly written and all that, but it'll still be Incomplete verses a full essay with a bunch of eraser marks and corrections in red.

But that's what Classic keeps doing - "Oh, this current state is no good, let's throw it out and start over." "This system NPC is flawed, let's start over." "These admins aren't good enough, let's wipe 'em out and start over", "This quest is dumb, let's throw it out and make a new one," etc. I shudder to think of how many imperfect levels, scripts, etc. were developed since the GS2 Move that got thrown out because the new administration wanted A New Start...