Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
A shoutbox?

A shoutbox for Graal forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 09-30-2006, 11:57 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Useless, not needed.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:04 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Useless, not needed.
agreed and not possible for us to delete posts fast enough
Old 10-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Ohh, flame'd.

Quote:
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 10-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
agreed and not possible for us to delete posts fast enough
I'm sure our virgin eyes can handle naughty words for 3 seconds .
Old 10-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Banned?
True dat ^.

Quote:
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 10-01-2006, 02:13 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
I'm sure our virgin eyes can handle naughty words for 3 seconds .
Not the point.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 10-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Perhaps in the Mature Audiences NGR?

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 10-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Not the point.
Yeah you're right, if someone says **** i'll cry and jump out my window thinking WHY DIDNT MODS DELETE THAT, NOW IM GOING TO HELL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
Perhaps in the Mature Audiences NGR?
The argument is that "WE CANT B SUR ABUOT UR AGES ... POEPL MITE LIE U KNO LOL"
Old 10-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
What's good for the goose is good for the gander; if we can't be sure they're old enough for Mature NGR, why have it?

Then again, mature NGR is still moderated, so The Ultimate in Unmoderated Technology's inheritly a bad idea...

Then yet further again, so are toalls.

So, we should have a toall box. I win.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 10-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
We all have to be 13+ to play graal anyway, I don't know why we're all treated like 8 year olds.

It's one of the first things you see before registering an account:
Quote:
1. Minimum Age Verification

GraalOnline requires that you be at least 13 years of age to register for an account. If you are under 13 years old, please ask your parent or guardian to fill in this registration.

This is required under the Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). Check out the COPPA News Release or download the Full Text of Federal Register Notice [PDF 270K].

Additionally, please read our Privacy Statement.
The issue is also very, very vaguely addressed in the End User License Agreement, which I trust all Graal Staff have memorised by now.

Quote:
To ensure an enjoyable experience for as many people as possible, you agree to comply with generally accepted standards of proper online behavior. Any GraalOnline administrator and LINUX Cyberjoueurs reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes generally accepted standards of online behavior and may, without notice and at any time, suspend or terminate your access to the Graal Online System.

You may not engage in conduct or communication while using the Graal Online System which is unlawful or which restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Graal Online System. You agree to use the Graal Online System only for lawful purposes. Set forth below are some common examples of impermissible conduct. This list is not exhaustive. Graal Online administrators and LINUX Cyberjoueurs reserves the right, but does not assume the responsibility, to restrict conduct which any Graal Online administrator administrator or LINUX Cyberjoueurs himself deems in its discretion to be harmful to individual users, damaging to the communities which use the Graal Online System, or in violation of any third party's rights.
Could somebody please explain what standard we're using to determine what is and is not lawful behaviour?

We're supposed to believe that the forums are heavily moderated so as to filter out any material that might be "harmful to individual users" -- why then does it seem like a majority of forum users want the forums to be more liberal? We're not all self-destructive and trying to taint our own minds -- "damaging to the communities which use the Graal Online System" -- this is vague aswell, I've not seen Graal attempt to ever cater to the needs of all user communities. They have Christmas events but no hanukkah!???!!!!! Notice that it totally neglects to mention anything about preserving Graal's image as a children's game, which is what seems to be the real motivation behind all the censorship?

P.S. Don't delete this please, I'd actually like a response to some of my real queries in here.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
P.S. Don't delete this please, I'd actually like a response to some of my real queries in here.
Your post will then be deleted and a PM will be sent to you saying "A support ticket is more appropiate" or it'll just be under the delete reason.

Predicted mod: Sam will do it first.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:09 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
We all have to be 13+ to play graal anyway, I don't know why we're all treated like 8 year olds.......
Perhaps because some act like 8 years old, when mom isn't at home?

It was stated several times by the management of Linux cyberjoueurs that this forum is mainly for game related themes and not wanted to use it for themes that doesn't fit to younger persons.

Quote:
Your post will then be deleted and a PM will be sent to you saying "A support ticket is more appropiate" or it'll just be under the delete reason.

Predicted mod: Sam will do it first.

I don't see why his post is something for the support center. And with your predict you did not pull off a feat, because it fits to my timezone
Old 10-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Ok, but still, what laws are we using to distinguish between lawful and unlawful behaviour?
French laws?
Old 10-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I don't see why his post is something for the support center.
This is the mods, anything is possible and we've all grown onto that.

Quote:
And with your predict you did not pull off a feat, because it fits to my timezone
I don't understand =x...though i predicted you because you're 2 countries down from me. heh