Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-11-2008, 08:49 PM
RealJuggernaut is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to RealJuggernaut Send a message via Yahoo to RealJuggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I easily spent 12 hours mining and working for my prize. If you had started when I did, and worked as hard/fast as I did, you would have gotten a prize.
i started a few hours after the event began, and i did work as fast/hard as i could, and i also feel i played way more than the average person

its too bad people who dont play 12 hours a day cant get a cool prize.

look at demon stone, at one point i was in possession of the ONLY one, now theres like 500. is the economy ruined? no, it just helped the masses, instead of those <10 people who have every item (THEY ruin the economy)
Old 07-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
I'm surprised that there hasn't been some sort of policy on the items that should be released by means of event prizes before now anyway, surely it would be better if rarer items were not given out in larger quantities from events? Otherwise it defeats the object of them being rare, and the comparative value between other items would get thrown out of balance.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:21 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
destroying a lot of competitive balance of GK's economy
What is "competitive balance". How do you determine how much "competitive balance" an economy has, and how does increasing the number of a bunch of rare items in the economy from one to two or three, or from zero to one or two "destroy" a lot of it?
Old 07-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Isn't an economy fragile at best without releasing rare items in events? I would think that anything rare should be difficult to obtain which is what gives it its value. Its my understanding that the purpose of reducing this flood of items being handed out was to slow the bleeding so to speak, so the economy could be repaired without undo stress on those that have been around forever. This system of changing things gradually seems like the least offensive way to handle it myself. Once people get used to receiving lesser prizes they will value those of rarity even more.

Items themselves shouldn't be given in events period. You should receive a token of some kind to trade in for things you wish to buy. That way its up to you just how valuable of an item you wish to gain.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:34 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Isn't an economy fragile at best without releasing rare items in events? I would think that anything rare should be difficult to obtain which is what gives it its value.
The event wasn't going to make it easy to obtain items that were previously difficult to obtain. This is why releasing 1 or 2 copies of 12 rare items is different from releasing 15 copies of 1 rare item.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
It comes down to a persons greed.

Of course they are going to cry about "oh my 1 of a kind item is getting evented off, I must make an excuse to make this look like a bad thing." Take a look around at WHO is carrying all the rare items. Its 2 or 3 people where they most likely obtained them illegally.

I see NO harm releasing items of this magnitude to possibly bring down the price of these items. Outside of christmas and easter items there is NO good items for people to obtain that aren't 2500+ diamonds in value.

If we need our economy fixed, remove that alchemy skill that gives you immense amount of plat. Diamonds used to be around 300 platinum stable for a while and even cheaper before that. Now they are 500 platinum. With cheaper diamonds the price of items either goes up to gets cheaper.

Keep releasing more items the greed of 3 people > the need of the server. Releasing 1 of a kind or inactive items is very good on the economy.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Tig since when did you decide the fate of what is handed out..last i looked you weren't any type of manager on gk.

i mean i do agree with you but oasa makes a good point too. so what item or items do you have that maroku was eventing off?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Tig since when did you decide the fate of what is handed out..last i looked you weren't any type of manager on gk.
Neither are you, so you're in no position to decide who is no position to decide. Tig's made more contributions to Gk than you and Maroku and he only cares about Gk's content, quality, and economy.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
12..... HOURS

Being female must be an issue for you every month though, right?
Old 07-12-2008, 02:46 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
12..... HOURS
HUH?!
Old 07-12-2008, 02:48 AM
Teh Whatz?!
SolidSnake989 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

i mean i do agree with you but oasa makes a good point too. so what item or items do you have that maroku was eventing off?
I thought you quit GK? Troll.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:52 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake989 View Post
I thought you played Zone? Trolling to alert of a troll.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:26 AM
Teh Whatz?!
SolidSnake989 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
I thought you played Zone? Trolling to alert of a troll.
Why bring this agurement to this thread? Don't start things in two different threads

I played GK about an hour a week on my old account.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:53 AM
Zormite
Quote:
blablabla - Ravenblade
Quote:
Quote:
Why bring this agurement to this thread? Don't start things in two different threads

I played GK about an hour a week on my old account.
You quit as well... No? Ravenblade played longer than you. So that MUST give him more rights than you on this thread.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:07 AM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
@pojo: I am sorry but I quit EM for the moment. I am in the middle of doing irl stuff..so what if i'm seen on zone..thats about all i have energy for and even then i can be afk a lot.

You know this house moving irl is tiring..but oh wait your going to judge me unworthy because me moving to a new house takes precedence over gk.

After the move i'm planning on putting my time between both servers. does that bother you?