Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2014, 02:09 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Remaining Attack Types

So there are now only four attack types that still aren't actually on any weapons or used in combat at all. It would be fantastic if the full spectrum of attack types was finally completed, and GK is honestly not too far off from that right now.

I figure I'll toss out a few ideas for them, and other people are welcome to join in. :]

Acid - Corrodes your opponent's AC or WC, reducing it temporarily.
Drain - Drains your opponent's spell points.
Paralyze - Stuns your opponents for a short duration.
Deplete - Absorbs food points from your opponent. (Or possibly grace, although the icon is currently showing a piece of food. )

Last edited by Draenin; 10-03-2014 at 05:09 AM..
Old 10-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
So there are now only four attack types that still aren't actually on any weapons or used in combat at all. It would be fantastic if the full spectrum of attack types was finally completed, and GK is honestly not too far off from that right now.

I figure I'll toss out a few ideas for them, and other people are welcome to join in. :]

Deplete - Absorbs food points from your opponent. (Or possibly grace, although the icon is currently showing a piece of food. )
Re-introducing acid/Balor's Vitriol could be pretty cool if the effects are temporary.

And as far as I know drain magic still works as a spell, and having an item with resist drain +100 (like that black necromancer helm with the purple gem) gives you immunity to having your magic drained.

A year or two ago Nico/Cubes made it so the attacktype "fear" stunned a player for a short duration. The thing that made it so overpowered was the effect could be re-applied while a player was still paralyzed, causing some spars to last as short as 5 seconds (fully geared players too). If there was some sort of parameter where the effect could only be re-applied 3 or 4 seconds after the player is freed-- it might not be so bad. And the effect should only last a split second itself. But yeah, all that to say Paralyze could be pretty cool too!

And omg deplete would be so annoying in combat.. love the thought of it!

Edit: Maybe a new spell called Drain Grace that's also affected by the Drain resists. And still use deplete for absorbing food points.

Last edited by Conqueror; 10-03-2014 at 04:08 PM..
Old 10-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
Re-introducing acid/Balor's Vitriol could be pretty cool if the effects are temporary.

And as far as I know drain magic still works as a spell, and having an item with resist drain +100 (like that black necromancer helm with the purple gem) gives you immunity to having your magic drained.
I'd like to see Vitriol re-introduced as an acid-based spell. (With a temporary AC debuff instead of a permanent one like the original spell did.)

Also, I've heard that about Drain as well, but Drain can also be assigned to weapons using Bile's blessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror
A year or two ago Nico/Cubes made it so the attacktype "fear" stunned a player for a short duration. The thing that made it so overpowered was the effect could be re-applied while a player was still paralyzed, causing some spars to last as short as 5 seconds (fully geared players too). If there was some sort of parameter where the effect could only be re-applied 3 or 4 seconds after the player is freed-- it might not be so bad. And the effect should only last a split second itself. But yeah, all that to say Paralyze could be pretty cool too!
The duration for Fear's stun effect was a little too long, and didn't make as much sense as Fear does now. It would need to be about a second long, or shorter, and provide at least a split second window for the player to move away or block with a shield to protect themselves if they are being locked into place by all the stuns.

Quote:
And omg deplete would be so annoying in combat.. love the thought of it!
Yeah, it's basically the same thing as Drain, but would take out your opponent's food first instead, leaving them no more points to regenerate health, magic, and so forth.

Quote:
Edit: Maybe a new spell called Drain Grace that's also affected by the Drain resists. And still use deplete for absorbing food points.
Well, Drain Grace could be used as a stand-alone spell just like Drain Magic. But for the attack type, it might be possible to have spell points / grace drain randomly if both are to be included.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:56 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Is this just remaining attacktypes that are listed in the Inventory menu or does it include the few extra that don't have resistances?
Old 10-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Pirate Lord
Dinji_Jinto is a jewel in the roughDinji_Jinto is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Dinji_Jinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Is this just remaining attacktypes that are listed in the Inventory menu or does it include the few extra that don't have resistances?
Welp, I might as well ask. Which ones are you talking about?
Old 10-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
My main weapon has fear. I'm bias and make it awesome again.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Also, I've heard that about Drain as well, but Drain can also be assigned to weapons using Bile's blessing.
Quote:
But for the attack type, it might be possible to have spell points / grace drain randomly if both are to be included.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:15 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinji_Jinto View Post
Welp, I might as well ask. Which ones are you talking about?
Here's the full list I see. There are 25 of them, can you guys maybe figure out which resistances affect which types?
  • PHYSICAL
  • MAGIC
  • FIRE
  • ELECTRICITY
  • COLD
  • CONFUSION
  • ACID
  • DRAIN
  • WEAPONMAGIC
  • GHOSTHIT
  • POISON
  • SLOW
  • PARALYZE
  • TURNUNDEAD
  • FEAR
  • CANCELLATION
  • DEPLETION
  • DEATH
  • CHAOS
  • COUNTERSPELL
  • GODPOWER
  • HOLYWORD
  • BLIND
  • INTERNAL
  • LIFE_STEALING

I have a list, if I'm allowed to share the describes what they were originally supposed to do. If Nico allows me to post that, I can.