Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-16-2013, 11:32 AM
shockedfrog is on a distinguished road
Graal is alive!

Anyone who remembers me (webmaster of an old walkthrough/fansite and former staff on Classic and some other PWs) will probably be surprised by this given how much I've complained in the past, but having taken a brief look at the Facebook version of the game for the first time, I think it's actually pretty good. I think one of the most important elements of Graal was the players, and it's refreshing to see hundreds of players online again. The game feels social again, the guild scene seems alive, PKing still feels satisfying and it's an environment which encourages player-run events. I do miss the quests, the items, the minigames and other features of old Graal, and I hope that in time, these things will return - not necessarily the old ones, of course, but new ones in the same spirit - however, I think the heart of Graal is the most alive it has been for over a decade.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:19 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Graal has made the move towards a more mobile gaming experience. In addition to the Facebook version, you can also login through an iPhone app and play that way as well. I have not been active on these versions but from the small samples I've had I am glad to see it thriving in another way. It sort of reminds me of Classic in its earliest development days.

Sadly the PC client version has suffered because of the lack of support, the refocused effort to the mobile versions, the outrageous costs of upgrading accounts, the lack of incentive for developers, etc.

But enough about that, welcome back shockedfrog. It is great seeing you again.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:41 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Anyone know why it seems to be so hard to make it possible to play Facebook/iPhone Graal from the PC client?
Old 03-16-2013, 07:15 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
Anyone know why it seems to be so hard to make it possible to play Facebook/iPhone Graal from the PC client?
It's not hard, I just don't know what Stefan is thinking not allowing people to simply log on through V6. It's how staff log onto iClassic and it works just fine.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Honestly i think this is what's going to happen..... They will make developer part all online interface dev tools.. then u will have to buy them with grelats or real money to dev and soon after that they will shutdown the pc verison and just have it like that so the lifetime p2p accounts will be gone for good and everybody once again a paying customer like unximad want's it to be.

or maybe just redo the client and have it where u just simply buy a server and log in too it to make ur own server but i don't think that will even work due they are not even advertising or saying u can now make ur own iphone game with graal engine stefan says don't go for iphone just pc
Old 03-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J
Honestly i think this is what's going to happen..... They will make developer part all online interface dev tools.. then u will have to buy them with grelats or real money to dev and soon after that they will shutdown the pc verison and just have it like that so the lifetime p2p accounts will be gone for good and everybody once again a paying customer like unximad want's it to be.

or maybe just redo the client and have it where u just simply buy a server and log in too it to make ur own server but i don't think that will even work due they are not even advertising or saying u can now make ur own iphone game with graal engine stefan says don't go for iphone just pc
None of that makes sense as a business plan.

Also, you might want to actually read about how server subscriptions work. Or how development in the game works, in general.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:25 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post

Clarification Needed.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.