Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-15-2008, 10:11 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
The manliest dungeon generator ever created

http://googiboyma.110mb.com/

Type in the dungeon name (just type mydungeon or something) and submit. A random dungeon will be generated with a newbie NPC somewhere inside. You'll get the dungeon levels along with the gmap in a zip file. Unzip to a folder, open a random level in the Level Editor, and start playing (There should be NPCs in the levels that take care of the tiledefs). First, write down what time it is. Then start looking for the noob (no cheating). When you find him, post here how long it took you. If you gave up and stopped or decided to cheat, post how long you spent trying before giving up. Feel free to generate another dungeon and do the whole thing again if you want.

I'll probably ask people to do this again using different algorithms to generate the dungeons.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Cool ;O
I'll try to make my own dungeon tileset =D
This generator works fine
Old 11-15-2008, 04:11 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Editor client goes unbearably slow when I load these levels.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:52 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994

Happened on the second try, and on Windows there was a similar error.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:31 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Happened on the second try, and on Windows there was a similar error.
I had a lot of problems finding a PHP zip class that could zip the files properly, so it doesn't really surprise me that they still don't work for some people. I've generated 3 dungeons, and unzipped then re-zipped them using windows, so you can try one of them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gendungeon1.zip (102.3 KB, 115 views)
File Type: zip gendungeon2.zip (100.8 KB, 112 views)
File Type: zip gendungeon3.zip (102.4 KB, 105 views)
Old 11-15-2008, 10:57 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quite interesting I must say.. Took me a while to find that npc :o used around 10-15 mins
Old 11-15-2008, 11:04 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Very nice, it would be cool if you could make it a bit more customizable for the client though.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 11-15-2008, 11:57 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Nice, I found it in about five seconds, it was in the level I opened
Old 11-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Hm... Now I just need to write an article for you guys on effective traps and trap design.

Also, we should push for more generator options on the ones that already exist sometime in the future...
Old 11-16-2008, 10:45 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Very nice, it would be cool if you could make it a bit more customizable for the client though.
There are options for size, path width, etc, although I don't allow them to be changed by the user right now. There are also options for the tileset, but right now the script doesn't adapt based on the tileset specified, so you end up with tile errors.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:15 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Nice, it took me about 25 minutes.