Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist View Post
the question is, since when does it matter how secure a password actually is anymore? just have a maximum number of attempts from a given IP to stop people from doing the brute force method.

it makes no sense to force people to have certain passwords when the only way in which they actually are compromised is by having their whole computer's security being compromised. when the user's security is bypassed it doesn't matter if the password is "bugger" or "ijs8Ej9" or whatever, because they are equally easy to steal if a trojan is present.
Exactly, it doesn't matter. So why force us to use a password that is randomly created that is very hard to remember? Most people leave them in their e-mail in box's, which is a risk. They should just allow people to set their own password, it's just more convenient.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:18 AM
**FLIP OUT**
theHAWKER is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist View Post
ijs8Ej9
hey, thats my password >

but on the subject matter, i would love to not have to go get out my email system and find my graal password change, just to log onto the forums...

but it would be nice to be able to change ur password for the game too
Old 07-10-2007, 08:29 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Oh no guys!
The dumb people have our emails!
:: cries ::
Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
lol pwnt :P
Well I agree....I hate the stupid SOI139aids password
(Edit: Lol I spelt da AIDS)

Last edited by Pimmeh; 07-10-2007 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: roflmao
Old 07-10-2007, 09:54 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
Oh no guys!
The dumb people have our emails!
:: cries ::
But Unixmad flat out denied that. They must not have them regardless of the fact everyone has been receiving E-Mails requesting to join the bad servers!!

*COUGH* Denial is most certainly NOT the best policy in situations like this. Removal of this point would only justify the fact that admins would rather hide then deal with it professionally.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:13 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
But Unixmad flat out denied that. They must not have them regardless of the fact everyone has been receiving E-Mails requesting to join the bad servers!!

*COUGH* Denial is most certainly NOT the best policy in situations like this. Removal of this point would only justify the fact that admins would rather hide then deal with it professionally.
It was a joke...
Old 07-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
C:\Graal\Graal2005\password.txt
Easier than looking through email.

And yes I do agree with Googi.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:17 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I completely agree.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 07-10-2007, 12:29 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
u go boy~~~
Old 07-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
CGraal\Graal2005\password.txt
Easier than looking through email.
Graal2005?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:18 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dNeonb View Post
But I also DO remember one of these we can pick our passwords actions very good. Angel used her AIM password as forum password but someone got her AIM password and messed up the forums completly!
Could just be the other way round. Someone may use his/her Graal password as an AIM/ICQ/MSN/YIM/E-Mail/whatever password. If someone can get that one, everythings ****ed up. Same ****. You cant fix humans.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
actually there are accounts with passwords with names...5 digit passwords etc...they were set by a staff tho

Old 07-10-2007, 05:33 PM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
I haven't gotten any e-mails. I must not be cool enough to join.

As for the passwords. I don't care I have my graal one memorized. Though if the graal password was user created, and the "bad people" got their passwords all of their stuff would be compromised (Assuming they use the same pass for everything.). I personally have multiple passwords for different things, so I don't really care.

-[email protected]
Old 07-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage_scooby View Post
and the "bad people" got their passwords all of their stuff would be compromised (Assuming they use the same pass for everything.). I personally have multiple passwords for different things, so I don't really care.
That's a risk that they take far beyond Graal.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
Quote:
Originally Posted by theHAWKER View Post
hey, thats my password >
i was inebriated when i typed that and the thought actually crossed my mind that i might be banned if i accidently guessed someone's password

now sober, it still wouldn't have surprised me
Closed Thread