Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Want the forum to be available for everyone?
Yes 26 50.98%
No 25 49.02%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2007, 03:57 AM
Shadow Ice
BlueFireX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BlueFireX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Yea, well when you first look at Graal, what do the "hearts" look like to you? It isn't an idiotic question. They just don't know the proper "Graal speak" yet.

Lucky for you, you had a friend who knew the ropes to help you, not everyone does.
I applaud trials who aren't afraid to ask questions to get help.
I do not applaud they way they are treated by some staff, and players though. I can't tell you how many complaints I have gotten, and still get about this, in game and on the forums.
I would have to say that this is not a very friendly game at this point.
Years ago, when I first started playing when there was only Classic, the players and staff were much friendlier then today (Not to say there aren't a lot of friendly people, because there are). Seems that for every one decent player, there are two not so decent players. *sigh*

Seriously, let the trials be, let them learn the game without being hated on, and maybe more of them will get p2p's.
Hey hey hey, I am helping trials. I help trials learn what happens when you step out of pk zone on era. What happens when you unpause and taunt people. But if they just asked FAQ they would know everything they need to know. Oh and how about having a site for every server explain I already know Un has one. Era is working or been working on one and someone on Zodiac is making one.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:57 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
I didn't, and I had to work my way up from nothing. Didn't stop me though, no matter how many people PKed me and how many people insulted me and stuff.
Same here, although not as much as trials recieve today. Point is that quite a few have quit, and never returned because of the way they were treated, and nothing was done. Shouldn't be that way. I have seen staff tell trials to "toughen up and learn to take it, or you might as well quit"
This isn't the way to treat potential paying customers.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 05-22-2007, 03:59 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFireX View Post
Hey hey hey, I am helping trials. I help trials learn what happens when you step out of pk zone on era. What happens when you unpause and taunt people. But if they just asked FAQ they would know everything they need to know. Oh and how about having a site for every server explain I already know Un has one. Era is working or been working on one and someone on Zodiac is making one.
Hypothesis: They won't read it like most people don't read the CoC or the terms of use when they sign up for a graal account.

Now if you can somehow find a way to ensure these players are over 13 and have a maturity level over 13 then I have no problem whatsoever with them using the forums, but I don't want a bunch of 10 year olds running around here posting "balls" in an interesting topic just for S&G's.

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:02 AM
Shadow Ice
How staff take the time to make a good site and for TRIALS when they log in they will be redirected to the site.(what about the people who do not want to go on the site? Then spend 39 dollars to make sure you never see it anymore)
Old 05-22-2007, 04:04 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Door View Post
This is the attitude that's killing Graal.
You had a pretty good post there up until you said this. I have yet to hear a convincing argument explaining just how bashing of trials by older players results in them not subscribing to Graal. From my experiences talking to trials, the number one reason by far cited for not subscribing is inability/unwillingness to use a credit card (despite PayByCash), number two is that they don't like the game content. The only people who seem to blame the community for "rejecting" trials are staff (the people who are supposed to bear most of the responsibility of getting trials to subscribe).
Old 05-22-2007, 04:08 AM
Shadow Ice
Hey I have an idea let make Classic(the server not the whole section) trial friendly yep let them be able to save and what not. Oh but no they will notice there are more than Classic they would want more, they will pay to play more (p2pm :]) Or we could just not let them save and if they will be a loyal and good graalian they will stay even as a trial til they find a way to become p2p. Even if its begging, my friend Michelle became p2p because someone was kind enough to her EVEN THOUGH SHES A TRIAL, BECAUSE SHE WASNT STUPID.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:19 AM
That Sword guy...right?
Zideruic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zideruic
I could post many views on this, the simple fact is, when we were trials, we couldn't use these forums, so all of your points say something about all of us were trials? Yeah most of us turned out ok without the help of the forums.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:30 AM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
MKxTortoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Moon Goddess's apparent point on babying the trials is ridiculous in that it by definition expects paying customers - that is, those who already have paid accounts - to cater to non-paying customers.

Do you not see how outrageous a claim this is?

I don't pay to play a game where I get to coddle new kids and show them the ropes. If that's your idea of fun, fine, but it's a bad idea to impose it on people who paid their 20 bucks to brutalize those around them.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:22 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKxTortoise View Post
Moon Goddess's apparent point on babying the trials is ridiculous in that it by definition expects paying customers - that is, those who already have paid accounts - to cater to non-paying customers.

I don't pay to play a game where I get to coddle new kids and show them the ropes. If that's your idea of fun, fine, but it's a bad idea to impose it on people who paid their 20 bucks to brutalize those around them.
Bingo. It's ironic that it is somehow the players faults for there not being a giant influx of new players, not the administration.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
there should be a trial-only server tbqh
Old 05-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Same here, although not as much as trials recieve today. Point is that quite a few have quit, and never returned because of the way they were treated, and nothing was done. Shouldn't be that way. I have seen staff tell trials to "toughen up and learn to take it, or you might as well quit"
Quote:

I completely agree with Moon Goddess, but you seem to have got general courtesy confused with "babysitting". I have seen trial players asking for help, to receive a "Press Alt + F4 to ___", infact I've even seen it from the FAQ Administrator of Classic. Sure, one could argue that these said people should know that Alt and F4 is a universal shortcut for closing a program, but the fact remains that someone was asking for help and rather then giving it, a hellofalot of people just mock them.

It would be ideal if players treated Trial account players with the same respect as Classic, Gold or VIP accounts, but they're not and probably never will be. However, people have no reason not to help the new guy out a bit, it goes a long way.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:

There is a difference in babysitting, and just showing courtesy towards other people. Trials don't need babysitters, and I didn't say that, but they don't deserve to be treated like they have some sort of catchable, deadly disease either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I completely agree with Moon Goddess, but you seem to have got general courtesy confused with "babysitting". I have seen trial players asking for help, to receive a "Press Alt + F4 to ___", infact I've even seen it from the FAQ Administrator of Classic. Sure, one could argue that these said people should know that Alt and F4 is a universal shortcut for closing a program, but the fact remains that someone was asking for help and rather then giving it, a hellofalot of people just mock them.

It would be ideal if players treated Trial account players with the same respect as Classic, Gold or VIP accounts, but they're not and probably never will be. However, people have no reason not to help the new guy out a bit, it goes a long way.
Exactly. Glad to see someone gets what I said.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 05-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I don't know about you guys, but, back in the days when I was a trial account - I used to read the forums almost everyday. The Small Guys are watching us.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 05-22-2007, 01:33 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
I didn't use the forums for ages...even when i got gold . I believe I only originally joined to ask a scripting question
Old 05-22-2007, 02:43 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well once you get to a point where it's just plain continued harassment to one person, I can see why staff should take action.

Quote:
Why would I want to treate them any better than I treate classic/gold/vip people? Heh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I don't know about you guys, but, back in the days when I was a trial account - I used to read the forums almost everyday. The Small Guys are watching us.
Did you idolize me then?