Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Delteria Telegraph Combat + Raid

Here is a updated Video on a Raid and how TeleGraph Battles work. Normally a dungeon raid will only consist of a Maximum group of 5 members, but we had 2 groups of 5 in the same raid, everyone wanted to be on the video so yea.

Extra Notes:
The Final boss walk ganis were not finished yet

This is a complete Raid from beginning to end, took 19 minutes and we had 3 groups of 5.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Last edited by MysticalDragon; 08-02-2013 at 01:40 PM..
Old 08-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
Looks Amazing! :O

My only real criticism is that the baddies are walking through walls and at the end when the chest spawn on the wall players couldn't get to it. If I was playing and no staff was around to help that would be infuriating. Other than that, great job!

P.S. Boss looks bad ass!
Old 08-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Global Administration
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Yea I hate the no wall detection, but on IOS real pathfinding lags terrible. I wish stefan would implement some type of default pathfinding .
And thanks this dungeon was really hard to make lol.
[email protected]

Old 08-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Looking pretty solid, man. Is this the only dungeon so far, or are there others?
Old 08-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Global Administration
there is total of 5 dungeons so far and 68 Quests.
[email protected]

Old 08-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
there is total of 5 dungeons so far and 68 Quests.
Very nice. It'd be cool to see screenshots or footage of the others too, if you all have more than one theme going on for them.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:42 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Are those hitboxes real? Like, do you actually do a collision test between a slice of pie (mêlée attack) and a circle (enemy hitbox)? I'm asking because I tried coding that once and got wrecked by the maths.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Yea I hate the no wall detection, but on IOS real pathfinding lags terrible. I wish stefan would implement some type of default pathfinding .
And thanks this dungeon was really hard to make lol.
Have you tried path finding and then during pathfinding instead of constantly checking the path do it every few seconds if it's outside of a certain radius of the player if not just move to the player to close gap. I did that to keep it from looking artificial and it reduced lag. You have to increase the speed of the baddies according to player distance to make sure they do not outrun them easily.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Global Administration
Yes the hitboxes are real, coding goes to Novo. And we tried multiple ways for pathfinding, almost every way seemed terrible for the idevice.
[email protected]

Old 08-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Finally got a chance to watch the video and it looks good. I do have two questions though since you've already answered the question about pathfinding.

1. I personally think that having players block each other in dungeons is a stupid idea considering how cramped it is. Might want to look into that as I personally wouldn't enjoy getting stuck behind someone on my PC and even less so on my phone if there was any lag or if I switched to Edge/G for a second.

2. Will everyone be able to cheat and use staff boots when they don't feel like walking long distances or around obstacles?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Global Administration
1.) The dungeon will normally only consist of 5 people, so it won't be "cramped". Only 5 players max are allowed in a ad-hoc group (Temp Parties). Dungeons are instances, that have 3 modes Events, Solo and AdHoc Group. But yea that something that still possible to do, and it might be a good idea.

2.)Nah, staff tools will be disabled from dungeons, however we can't take the ability for staff to be able to warp, incase they need to assist players. So abusive staff will be dealt with accordingly.

We only used boots for the length sake of the video. It already took 19 minutes :o
[email protected]

Old 08-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Banned
Quote:
1.) The dungeon will normally only consist of 5 people, so it won't be "cramped". Only 5 players max are allowed in a ad-hoc group (Temp Parties). Dungeons are instances, that have 3 modes Events, Solo and AdHoc Group. But yea that something that still possible to do, and it might be a good idea.

2.)Nah, staff tools will be disabled from dungeons, however we can't take the ability for staff to be able to warp, incase they need to assist players. So abusive staff will be dealt with accordingly.

We only used boots for the length sake of the video. It already took 19 minutes :o
You probably could have cut that down to half of that or so if they used teamwork