Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 03:28 AM
Dictatin' since 2001
Fidel Castro is a jewel in the roughFidel Castro is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknite1 View Post
Because honesty via sarcasm is now represented by calling a server a shooting range? Not entirely sure that's accurate. I do believe that the extensive amount of question marks should have addressed the tone of that poorly constructed sentence; it also somehow seems pretty similar to the original post it was made for.

Same response to you as I gave MD: READ! There are multiple times (pages, really) where I have explicitly stated that the core outline for the server is not yet solidified nor released to the public. What I have said is that we have an idea that we're following, and that idea has been stated a few times. I don't believe I've referenced iClassic for any structural ideas pertaining to iUN. Not to mention I'm not even heading this project!

The entire point of this thread is only to announce that it is underway, not to provide a detailed outline of what iUN is going to be. Unfortunately, all I've been able to cover is what it isn't. Though that isn't entirely my fault as the majority of things brought up have been somewhere along the lines of 'how it will differ from iClassic', which is what I'm guessing you're meaning when you state that I'm referencing iClassic. However, that reading thing will show why that server was even mentioned at all. I think the first response even had that server's name in it. In the first post though, the mentioning of iClassic was basically the "inb4" effect. It was entirely sarcastic, but has already been brought into question. So I hope that isn't what was being addressed.

Please, no more of these comments unless you've actually read the entire thread. Repetition is getting quite old.
It would be better for you and I if I broke down your response via multiple quotes to point out some flaws in what you said, but honestly I don't feel like it.

You make it explicitly clear, using italics, that you have an idea you are following -- and from what I read it has been "mentioned" a few times. However, you say before that sentence that the core outline of the server has not been solidified. We also have an admin (Stowen) saying that nothing (no idea, no anything) has been solidified yet.

Being that contradictory in one post is going to leave anyone that reads it with some questions, including myself. What others and I are trying to do is ascertain what in the hell iUN actually is, other than a word in a post. You referenced iClassic, so naturally others began asking questions and wondering how iUN was different. You were/are not prepared to answer those questions because of a classified set of "ideas" that, based on your last post, I question if they even exist.

Why post that "development is underway" for iUN if you aren't going to tell anyone any of the core ideas or what it is based on? Leaving something so open ended like that is going to bring in a lot of criticism, speculation, and unwanted posts (I say unwanted based off of some of your replies). Might of been better to wait to post something like that.

Finally, you state you are not even heading up the project. It might be more helpful to have someone post about it that is heading up the project, that way someone a little more knowledgeable of what is going on could explain the proposed server a bit better.

Before you rapid fire on the quote button and get really angry, know that this is not an attack on you. I know you are just eager about the prospective project and wanted to post, perhaps without thinking about the backlash from the forum goers. I wish y'all the best of luck.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:57 AM
C:
devilsknite1 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to devilsknite1 Send a message via MSN to devilsknite1 Send a message via Yahoo to devilsknite1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
The shooting range is scripted in GS1 and occasional works. Something tells me that a lot of scripts on UN are in GS1 which is going to be unacceptable for Stefan before you'll ever make it to iOS.
-> maybe some level scripts contain GS1, otherwise most things have been converted. Most things that are broken are due to managers NaS/Link removing NPCs without actually checking their dependencies, so the barely works portion is probably pretty accurate.
-> Stefan already approved of the project though
It might be important to note that no scripts on PC UN currently will even be on iUN, so none of that janky old stuff should be reminiscing on the iDevices.

As for Fidel:
You're mistaking an idea for an outline. The idea is innovation and bringing something to the table that no one else has yet under the classic setting, and all the other good stuff that was said. This is what we will be basing outlines upon. The idea isn't the outline, otherwise that would be a pretty poor outline. I suppose it's relatable to a company's mission statement or something. I've always avoided specifically defining what iUN will be. If I slipped up at some points forgive me, but generally it was only defining what it would not be.

As far as timing goes and announcing things when there are actually solidified outlines (development has already begun, so there are actually some active material in place detailed enough to initiate work; "none" isn't necessarily correct), that is entirely accurate only if the goal was to inform players of what it is to be exactly. Which is normally what the goal should be, you're absolutely correct, but that's not what this thread's goal was. Granted I've never actually stated the goal, this thread serves really no other purpose other than arousing interest for any plausible developers (which it has), ideas (which are contributed), and to spark an interest for UN's low player count in an attempt to keep them around (which it kind of has).
The speculation/criticisms that arrive from the open-ended nature were to be expected, as briefly mentioned when naming the "inb4" effect, and any responses given were solely attempts to guide players down the general visionary path that the developers have for iUN. Unfortunately, that didn't work and apparently iUN is just an iClassic clone that people can play when they get bored [lol].

Clearly someone else should have made the announcement, that's even what I said initially. Problem is at that time we didn't really have anyone to do so, thus me taking the poor initiative at announcing its approval and nothing more. The reason being stated above as the goal for the thread.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:22 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Stefan can approve the project, doesn't take much for that...

Did Stefan assign you a dev server?

From what I've read of this thread, I can see why this is not getting much support, there's not much of a plan...
Maybe you were too early to reveal your path to iphone.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:40 PM
C:
Send a message via AIM to devilsknite1 Send a message via MSN to devilsknite1 Send a message via Yahoo to devilsknite1
To reiterate: the point wasn't to reveal an entire outline for the server, that will come later. The point was to let it be known than UN will have a mobile counterpart. Nothing more.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:10 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
To reiterate: the point wasn't to reveal an entire outline for the server, that will come later.

But given the current state of the PC server... might have been a better idea to come up with a plan first.

Quote:
The point was to let it be known than UN will have a mobile counterpart. Nothing more.
I like your positive attitude, hopefully that will stay during the progress/development/stefan-hinders of so called iUN.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:19 PM
C:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
But given the current state of the PC server... might have been a better idea to come up with a plan first.
That's one way of thinking about it. The way I saw it though was try to retain the current players with letting them know we're still trying to revive the shooting range in an attempt to keep them around
Old 07-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Graalian since '01
Stowen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Stowen Send a message via MSN to Stowen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Stefan can approve the project, doesn't take much for that...

Did Stefan assign you a dev server?

From what I've read of this thread, I can see why this is not getting much support, there's not much of a plan...
Maybe you were too early to reveal your path to iphone.
Well this thread was thrown together almost minutes after Stefan approved us. We had no intentions of revealing our mobile platform counterpart until after we got it planned out, and had begun the development. Right now we are still in planning stages and I have given my position as Dev Admin to Ph8. He will be the one in charge of this project, and he will give updates how he sees fit. As of right now we are not hiring for this project, and most likely won't have any hirings until the core systems are finished.
Unholy Nation is my home.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:37 PM
nightslayer317 will become famous soon enough
Now that Ph8 is onboard, I can see this mobile UN server actually turning into something and possibly becoming a success.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Graalian since '01
Stowen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Stowen Send a message via MSN to Stowen
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightslayer317 View Post
Now that Ph8 is onboard, I can see this mobile UN server actually turning into something and possibly becoming a success.
One of the few reasons I offered him to head the project, hes a great developer.
Unholy Nation is my home.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:31 AM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
You're all horrendous.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaD View Post
Why bother keep "taking" iEra and iZone scripts then, all the time? Seems like Delteria isn't that self-made as much as you want people to think.

I think UN is a great server, mostly because of the community there, including trolls.
I believe iUN could have lots of content, especially if they make use of their NPCs, as in adding those as tools to start/finish quests, or make some of them easier(and/or harder when using them in a wrong way). Ya, I would have faith in this project if it's going to be live, I'd help out aswell, if needed.
Delteria doesn't have ANY of scripts from iera or iClassic, stefan gets angry when we change them, so yea you need a better source.
-Example
Quote:
Hello,

Well this is more the item system which Zodiac and Kingdoms were using
but it's much harder to handle. We were agreeing on using the Era item
system because it's relatively simple and easy to monitor which is
very important when we want to go iOS and Android.
Cya,
Stefan
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 08-01-2013, 05:38 PM
PumaD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Delteria doesn't have ANY of scripts from iera or iClassic, stefan gets angry when we change them, so yea you need a better source.
-Example
Even though if you aren't taking scripts of other iOS servers, you just admitted that you are taking scripts off Era PC. So my point still exists and I highly doubt you re-scripted everything (if anything).

Anyways, may we (you) stay on topic for now, without trying to bash the iUN project?
Old 08-01-2013, 06:13 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaD View Post
Even though if you aren't taking scripts of other iOS servers, you just admitted that you are taking scripts off Era PC. So my point still exists and I highly doubt you re-scripted everything (if anything).

Anyways, may we (you) stay on topic for now, without trying to bash the iUN project?
I used to work on iDelteria and there aren't any scripts from other servers. It's actually extremely organized. I looked around and did some exploring.