Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 05:28 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
What do the item crates contain?
Just soloed this thing in under 4 minutes (217 seconds), I stopwatched on my phone lol... really @ 6 hour wait? This is worse than farming on Zodiac.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
i got a item crate.... came with an amazing 3 tacos, advanced and medium healing crates >.<
Old 07-11-2012, 05:40 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
DONARK

my ****** where you been?
Old 07-11-2012, 05:45 AM
// Programmer
Breezed has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I made a lil' guide.

First Room (Office):
Head to the desk w/ the guard standing between the two detector doorframes. Hold D and shoot your gun through the desk. 1 Guard, 2 Guard, 3 Guards Killed. Walk over back to the desk w/ the comptuer in front of the door, shoot through it and kill the 4'th guard. Run and get the keycard quick in the upper left corner on the desk, and proceed to the next floor before any guards respawn (This will lock the stairway).
Medkits are littered all over the place. Grabbing one will heal 25 HP.

Second Room (Prison):
Open all the cells, and free the people for free bubblegum, cookies, and heavy armor. Most likely, there will be a few cookies or a peice of armor. If it's armor, equip it. Lure the 3 guards, and go into a cell. they should follow you in, then run back out quick and shoot through the bars to kill all of them. Then move on.
If you have multiple people, simply open all the cells for the loot, then divide and conquer to kill the guards.
Footnote:
You can farm bubblegum/cookies/heavy armor from this room, as long as you die after freeing all the prisoners. Letting the prisoners respawn and then trying to get more rewards will usually result in them giving coal, or turning into zombies and killing you, helplessly trapped in the cell.

Third Room (Healing Room):
2 bats here and a unlimited stack of healing crates.
Dispatch the bats by running and shooting, then heal up via the stack.
Or alternatively heal up via the stack, and tank the bats' damage while shooting them, healing via the stack when nessascary.

Fourth Room (Zombies):
At first, the zombies may seem like a huge threat, but they have a longer respawn time and can eaisly be dispatched by running and shooting because they have no means of ranged attacking.
Shooting one alerts all, so kite and shoot the first 2 and the bat, and then shoot through the walls at the other 3 before climbing the ladders.
Once you're at the door, you're home free because you're out of the zombie's aggro range, even if they respawn.

Fifth Room (The Lab):
This needs to be performed quickly, so try picking off all zombies at once using grenades, as killing them seperately will result in one or two respawning before you can finish taking care of the door.
If you have multiple people, simply have someone kite the zombies while the others open the door.

Final Room (Boss):
Simply lure the Mad Scientist over into the elevator, and shoot him through the wall on the side.
If you have multiple people and you wish to do it the legitimate way, simply have one person distract the Mad Scientist while one to three people shoot him, and another kills the Ninja Bodyguards.

The Spoils:
After hitting the button on the elevator, you will be rewarded with your syringe and police cap, or item crate if you're doing this for your 2nd+ time.
The Item Crate gives 4-5 items from what I have seen, ranging from healing items to weapon ammo.
I've been told by shrimps that there IS a "rare item" that can be obtained via the item crate. He won't tell me what it is, however it's confirmed by BlueMelon.
Everyone get crackalackin' with this guide, because the sooner we do, the sooner we'll find out what this "rare item" is.

tl;dr: there is a rare (and possibly new) item in the item crate, we do not know what it is yet
Old 07-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
So far I've received 2 of these "rare chance items" and I must say I'm not pleased.
They were the same item and recycled items.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:04 AM
// Programmer
Recycled in what way?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Rooms 4 and 5, it's much easier to just circumvent the zombies and shoot the doors. bring a shotgun and you don't need to kill the zombies at all.

and..this is cool and all, but the AI blow to the point where it shouldn't be out. I understand making advanced AI is difficult, but..decent shouldn't be impossible.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Maybe make a "hard" version of it by increasing enemies stats, types, or numbers for people to run through.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 07-11-2012, 07:33 AM
// Programmer
Well shrimps was right.
One of the rare items is recyled (fme penguin), but a new one from the item crate is fme ferret (my friend Sean just got it).
the command to access your fme collection is :fme
There might be more new animal fme's, only one way to find out

Last edited by Breezed; 07-11-2012 at 07:43 AM..
Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Got wiped, every party I tried it with got wiped. Stand no chance if you have no good items or don't know how to exploit. I can't use any healing items, apparently, and you can't melee when you have a gun equiped which was a dumb decision to begin with.

The first room has tons of information scattered around but because the enemies respawn so quickly you can't practically read all of it like you would on a good game. As a matter of fact they respawn way too fast.

I'll retry it again when all the pros are on so they can carry me through the whole thing. Nice try though, Era.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Did i mention the item drops in the second room are a horrible, terrible idea?

Not only have you potentially cut out a lot of business from GP and AM by making heavy armors and ammo readily farmable, but if they're dropping cookies and bubble gum as well (last time i checked, instant heals, no cooldown?), aren't you destroying ALL profit a food business could make?

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I just soloed it again in under 3 minutes without receiving any damage (flawless). The 6 hour timer is a utter joke with how simply this quest can be completed and how shitty the rewards are.

If you're really having trouble, buy/loan an Osiris Minigun, or any gun that can shoot over 3x high objects (sten, souizen, pbp, a few others) and it pretty much cuts off half the **** you have to 'actually' kill.
Any .1 freeze gun makes kiting absolutely sleep inducing, you can probably loan one or rent one.
iBreez's guide is pretty good too.

If you still haven't completed it and want to, then PM me in-game in like 5.5 hours...
Old 07-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
What is the end of era: Damn disconnections.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:44 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
I just soloed it again in under 3 minutes without receiving any damage (flawless). The 6 hour timer is a utter joke with how simply this quest can be completed and how shitty the rewards are.

If you're really having trouble, buy/loan an Osiris Minigun, or any gun that can shoot over 3x high objects (sten, souizen, pbp, a few others) and it pretty much cuts off half the **** you have to 'actually' kill.
Any .1 freeze gun makes kiting absolutely sleep inducing, you can probably loan one or rent one.
iBreez's guide is pretty good too.

If you still haven't completed it and want to, then PM me in-game in like 5.5 hours...
oki you can carry me :]
Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 PM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
Maybe make a "hard" version of it by increasing enemies stats, types, or numbers for people to run through.
hey and maybe we can make them spawn adds that you have to tank and hey what about an enrage timer too

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.