Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-04-2007, 02:33 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Exclamation Staffs are not almighty

Because of the other thread made me a little bit upset I will open this one now to clear something up. Please stay serious, don't spam, stay on topic and follow the rules. Not like in the other thread closed by Sam. I will not tollerate something like that and I think no other mod will do that, too.

On the first page proto was blamed because he did nothing. Do you guys even have a single clue what he is? He is Events Master, that means he is staff but only responsible for the events he does and nothing else. What do you expect from an Events Master when you get scammed? Scamming is illegal and we do not restore scammed items. This guy doesn't even have RC so leave him out of that, he can not help you even if he wanted to.
The same thing goes for every other Events Master.

Only persons who could have helped you a bit would be the GP's and the Administration of the server. We could have talked to the scammer and maybe you could have get it back from him. Talking, I said. There is nothing else we dol. Read the thread Sam just posted, there are enough informations about how to prevent scamming.

The staffs on GK do not have rights to do everything. Some people really expect too much from staffs. If we say no all we get to hear is "Bah, why? You are just lazy and don't want to help me!" To say the truth this really hurts because we do want to help but we are not able to do something. So if we say no understand that it is not possible and don't run around like a small child whos candy was taken away and tell such stupid things about us. Do not listen to people who keep telling around that staffmember "xyz" restores scammed items. This is not true and not possible because no staffmember on Graal Kingdoms has the rights to do that. GK is not like a usual playerworld. You need more than just the rights to edit attributes to restore an item on there. Same goes for playerhouses, editing alchemy recipes and also adding different gfx to some items (Items which are/were randomly generated in shops or by alchemy).

If you really thing you are right and deserve to get something restored due to an error by the server for example please contact Stefan or Unixmad. They are the only people who are able to give you the items you lost back.

That's what I wanted to say, thanks.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166

Last edited by Sam; 02-06-2007 at 06:12 PM..
Old 02-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
In my opinion, there really should be an active administrator that can tend to almost all player related problems. Contacting Stefan/Unixmad for problems is often a slow process that may have an endless waiting period.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:11 PM
OOB
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterNuke View Post
In my opinion, there really should be an active administrator that can tend to almost all player related problems. Contacting Stefan/Unixmad for problems is often a slow process that may have an endless waiting period.
Basically I do agree with that. But rights such as edit rights and access to the mudaccounts were heavily abused in the past so I do understand Stefan and Unixmad that they don't want to give these to anyone anymore.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 02-04-2007, 03:15 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dNeonb View Post
scamming is legal.
there's the problem, you promote stealing
Old 02-04-2007, 03:20 PM
OOB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
there's the problem, you promote stealing
When it was illegal people mostly "abused" it. The just acussed people who didn't give them their irl money for the items of scamming.
It was not really nice for staffs to play guard for people who who didn't get their money from their "AIM" selling.

But I think that is not the topic.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 02-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Basically I do agree with that. But rights such as edit rights and access to the mudaccounts were heavily abused in the past so I do understand Stefan and Unixmad that they don't want to give these to anyone anymore.
That was the past. Things need to be done now in order to ensure the future. If things continue like this, GK's population will just keep dropping... in my opinion.

Edit: be back in a few hours.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:22 PM
OOB
Quote:
That was the past. Things need to be done now in order to ensure the future. If things continue like this, GK's population will just keep dropping... in my opinion.
Agreed.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 02-04-2007, 03:32 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Good idea.

Quote:
What if Stefan and Unixmad give the edit rights and mudaccounts to somebody that they trust really well and they know will not abused it.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
Yeah theres no active Staff on except for EM's. Like the other day someone found like 3 million in plat and no one was on. I mean you don't have to give people access to the mud accounts or give them Edit Attributes to just hire them.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:37 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
Yeah theres no active Staff on except for EM's. Like the other day someone found like 3 million in plat and no one was on. I mean you don't have to give people access to the mud accounts or give them Edit Attributes to just hire them.
I think Graal Kingdoms needs some more GP's soon Yann has quit and Paul is away right now so we have no GP's.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:38 PM
OOB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
What if Stefan and Unixmad give the edit rights and mudaccounts to somebody that they trust really well and they know will not abused it.
The person with the rights to the mudaccounts would be able to solve a few things but this is not a big solution at all. There are still things Stefan has to check. For example some person x says I lost my item z please restore it. The staff with the rights could do that all that's left is a way for him to check this. Stefan could check the backups of the accounts. The staff well, he'd have the rights but he wouldn't be able to do it still becasue he has no proof that the person x really had the item.

I think some solution for this would be some kind of tracking system. Items would get an unique id (except things like treeseeds, corn and so on). That should follow something for the staffmember to check where the item z with it's unique id is. Just as basic idea. But I think it would turn out a way more complex and because of that almost impossible to realize.

Quote:
I got Stefan to remove the hidden plats from teh table bug in the ice cubes. But please explain me why you would hire people to solve such things without giving them the rights to do it? Actually no staffmember could have done what Stefan did. He has ways to scan the whole data for such things to find such hidden plats.
No staffmember could have done what Stefan did.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 02-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Cruchot is on a distinguished road
We dont need GP anymore if scamming is legal on GK now =)
Old 02-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I got Stefan to remove the hidden plats from teh table bug in the ice cubes. But please explain me why you would hire people to solve such things without giving them the rights to do it? Actually no staffmember could have done what Stefan did. He has ways to scan the whole data for such things to find such hidden plats.
Well it didnt work then z.z And since scamming is legal your not going to ban me if I scam you are you? Because if you were to ban me your going to have to ban everyone who does it. Rules don't just apply to one or two people.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:57 PM
OOB
Quote:
Well it didnt work then z.z And since scamming is legal your not going to ban me if I scam you are you? Because if you were to ban me your going to have to ban everyone who does it. Rules don't just apply to one or two people.
Why should I ban you? I don't ban you if you scamm me becasue I wouldn't even give you the chance to do it. But if you would scamm some player I would ban you if the player could prove it.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166

Last edited by dNeonb; 02-04-2007 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: Correcting something that caused some missunderstandings
Old 02-04-2007, 03:58 PM
busy no pms ever
Stromstedt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Stromstedt
Quote:
The person with the rights to the mudaccounts would be able to solve a few things but this is not a big solution at all. There are still things Stefan has to check. For example some person x says I lost my item z please restore it. The staff with the rights could do that all that's left is a way for him to check this. Stefan could check the backups of the accounts. The staff well, he'd have the rights but he wouldn't be able to do it still becasue he has no proof that the person x really had the item.
I believe this is true, but if he wanted to, Stefan could actually make a system that is less likely to be hijacked or abused..

Quote:
I think some solution for this would be some kind of tracking system. Items would get an unique id (except things like treeseeds, corn and so on). That should follow something for the staffmember to check where the item z with it's unique id is. Just as basic idea. But I think it would turn out a way more complex and because of that almost impossible to realize.
That's a really great idea.

Quote:
That is very true. I believe Stefan works harder than anybody on this game because he has obviously done an excellent job so nobody should complain...