Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-04-2006, 08:07 AM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
The only people who will be against this are those who are already ridiculously rich.

I'm for anything that could potentially deflate the price of any item over the 1-2 RoW range.
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 12-04-2006, 08:32 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CidNight1142 View Post
The only people who will be against this are those who are already ridiculously rich.
It's not like there is no legitimate economic argument against this. You could say, for example, that rather than the price of the items that can now be made falling, all the will happen is that the price of Event Coins will rise based on the current value of the items (for example if Phoenix Helmet is currently worth 1500 diamonds, rather then falling to 1000 diamonds, the price of Event Coins will go up to 30 diamonds) and therefore pull up the value of all the other items crafted using Event Coins (In other words, inflation).

Obviously you have to exempt Demon Stone from this argument or else it becomes ridiculous, but this is a very real possibility unless the Event Coin supply is increased substantially.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Or the EC price could stay the same, considering that the people who had some of these items have quit for some time now. I mean, I own a phoenix shield, and I really don't care that they're 50 ECs now. It just makes it easier for me to get it back if I lose mine or trade it off.

Logically, that's what should happen to the ECs, but it might not. However, the fact that this is new will probably cause it to inflate a slight bit, sort of like with Elronds. But once copies start to get out or more events are held, the values will go down again.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:33 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Logically, that's what should happen to the ECs, but it might not.
The demand will go up, but the price might not since ECs are pretty "sticky" in terms of price. Increasing the supply of ECs just decreases the risk.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:54 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Supply and demand causing the value of EC's and diamonds.
We know its not possible to make everyone happy. We didn't say that this offer will last now for the next years.
But I am sure it is not impossible to gain 85 EC's. The EM-Team will host very soon more events to gain EC's, but we do not give them out in raffles. A little work must be done for it.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:44 PM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
If you add another christmas upgrade, have like 50 ecs in the package. I dont mind everyone having good things
Old 12-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
If RDA / BDA ever go in, don't make them anything below 100. That's about what they're worth.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:40 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
I dont think much will change, Most people dont want to buy EC's to get good items so i think it will stay the same. And EC's are hard to get now unless more events get hosted.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:55 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
....And EC's are hard to get now unless more events get hosted.
In November we gave 43 EC's to the winners and much more stuff like diamonds, scrolls to improve weapons and armour, treasure maps etc.
The EM team consists of 5 members, this is more than 10% of the average player count.

Last edited by Sam; 12-04-2006 at 05:14 PM..
Old 12-04-2006, 05:05 PM
myth-simba is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm all for the ec items. The thing is I strongly believe all items should not be rare. i think every rare item should be put into ec shop at the value of the item. Why? why not? Hell i had black mail armour when it was super rare. It doesn't bother me if players have the same items as me at all. I'm more of a practical player you see.

Graal has too few items to have 2 of a kind items. If it wants to do that it should at least have a minimum of 700 amazing items and another 500 easily, obtainable but pretty good items in an old fashion monster dropping manor.

Hmph..
What are you looking at?
(Squadron Commander Chris Steele)
Old 12-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan3
Most people dont want to buy EC's to get good items so i think it will stay the same.
Uh, yeah they do. I got ECs to get my Sigil and Speed Ammy and such back when they were still there.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:15 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Uh, yeah they do. I got ECs to get my Sigil and Speed Ammy and such back when they were still there.
I didint meen it like that.

And Chris if GK didint have rare items (2 of a kind) the game will have a rubbish ecomany, I think items should be rare just not really rare.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
Uhm now people just wont sell ECs this is stupid...
Old 12-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3
And Chris if GK didint have rare items (2 of a kind) the game will have a rubbish ecomany, I think items should be rare just not really rare.
What you really mean is that things should be hard to get, but not impossible to get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampy
Uhm now people just wont sell ECs this is stupid...
EC's are currency. They'll still get passed along like normal.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:22 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
The EM team consists of 5 members, this is more than 10% of the average player count.
This statistic is so irrelevant that it makes me suspect you might be trying to trick people into believing that EMs are 10% of the playerbase.