Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-24-2006, 11:59 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Talking Lib website is finally finished!

http://graal.logic-games.net/

I completly did a new layout with the green colors from the beta version of the site. There is also a navigation bar added, so you always know where you are.

The code of the LIB was improved so it should be about 2 times faster than before even with the new additions.
Item stats are now displayed with icons and text. It is planned to add an option for users to switch between the displaymodes icons or text or icons/text.
A crafting items section is also added where it displays if and the item is craftable (alchemy included). You can see the pictures and the number if the item. Clicking on the icon will open some popup which contains quickstats about the item.
Registred users are able to add comments / suggestion about an items tradevalue. With an own BBCode it is possible not just to write down the things, you can add the items in your comments.

The maps section was also improved but it still needs some updates on the locations displayed there.

I also created a new tutorial which is not completly done now. It's a tutorial about farming and it's kind of interactive. You can use your mouse to get informations about evey object on the screenshot be focusing on it. If you focus my character he will explain you everything detailed. Something like that is planned for the inventory, the general GUI and also the Kingdoms GUI.

Another new addition are the Live-Stats from Graal Kingdoms. In the navigation menu it displays the current playercount of Kingdoms and also adds a notice if an event is going on there. Clicking on the playercount will take you to a site with more detailed informations. There you can see who is online and where the person is. It is thought of that you can click on the account and the website shows you the position on the map. I'm open for ideas about other live stats from Kingdoms like if someone is in the pillory at the moment. But please do not ask for position of the lords or quest-npcs

There are still lots of items and descriptions/crafting informations of items missing in the LIB. If you think you know about items on Kingdoms and if you are interested to help with adding new and editing existing items send a mail to me.

Ideas? Comments? Criticism? - Post, I'm open for everything

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 08-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
Needs a lot of editing.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:45 AM
OOB
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterNuke
Needs a lot of editing.
Like I already said, the database is not done. There still needs to be lots of items added and edited.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 08-25-2006, 03:41 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
First thing to work on: User Control Panel. I'm interested in writing some articles for Samurai, and possibly notes on functions of the engine itself.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:19 AM
OOB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin
First thing to work on: User Control Panel. I'm interested in writing some articles for Samurai, and possibly notes on functions of the engine itself.
Right now the only thing you can do there is to get an overview of all the comments you wrote about items and also edit them.
But I want to add different displays you will be able to choose there so people with a slow connection can use a textversion for the LIB instead of displaying the icons for Str,Dex, Con,...

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 08-25-2006, 06:03 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Looks awesome, good job.

Yeah I'm saying something positive without anything negative, this kind of layout rocks for help sites. Wish more people followed your footsteps Bjorn.

Holy ****, rofl it even has a list of players on!

http://graal.logic-games.net/index.p...e=Live%20Stats
Old 08-25-2006, 07:17 PM
:pluffy:
Chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
Holy ****, rofl it even has a list of players on!

http://graal.logic-games.net/index.p...e=Live%20Stats
Yea that is pretty cool.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:49 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I'd like to see an article / tutorial submission option, which is subject to review by the proprietors before being published.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
Quote:
I'd like to see an article / tutorial submission option, which is subject to review by the proprietors before being published.
That would be very neat.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:20 PM
OOB
Quote:
Right no you can write them and send them to me. Like you can see in my farming tutorial, you an make interavtive ones which would be hardly possible to create by doing it that way you suggested.
But right now I'm working on an option which will allow kingdomleaders to edit the page of their kingdom
After that I will work on a display for players who are online on Kingdoms on the maps in the maps section.
If this is done I can think about a solution but I have no idea how to make it possible to let people directly submit and edit interactive tutorials. Static ones would be easy, but interactive ones are more cool

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 08-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Banned
SayianOozaru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SayianOozaru
Bjorns website is really cool...i waited hella long for it to come out
Old 08-25-2006, 11:10 PM
killer_dog10 is on a distinguished road
this is a great site for somone like me who doesn't even know how to get stuff.... so thats why dias are so important they add slots :o
Old 08-26-2006, 01:12 AM
myth-simba is an unknown quantity at this point
;)

the website is good.
The kingdoms section needs worked on a little,

Like example pirates,

" it has a large navy but small land army"

It could include some information,
like where the island is located? for the new guys.

What they require you to join and so on, for the new guys,

It could also include a little background story, like who is the governor and who were the past governors until Cp was actually made?
do that for every kingdom?

but the site is looking very nice,

What happens now though?

Hmph..
What are you looking at?
(Squadron Commander Chris Steele)
Old 08-26-2006, 01:24 AM
OOB
Quote:
Originally Posted by myth-simba
What happens now though?
A hour ago I added a functions which allows registred kingdomleaders to edit the page of their kingdom. They just need to do it. The leaders should know best what their kingdom is about and what people need to join, etc..

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 08-26-2006, 03:47 AM
Tári o Taurë
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Perhaps now we can get started on actually setting GK to the way it actually should be, instead of letting it crumble and fall apart??