Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 02:30 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Exclamation FAQ Team Application - Over

The FAQ Team was long discussed topic but do not go on discussing it here. This thread is only for applications, everything else is going to be deleted.

This is only a suggestion how the application could look like. Someone who wants to be a FAQ team member should be able to do a propper application which can convince us that you are the right person.

Account / Onlinetime / Kingdoms Gold Time left
Previous Account(s) / Onlinetime(s)

My Graal experience.
Why me and not someone else?
What would I do if...
Think of something good to convince us.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 10-06-2007, 05:18 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Introduction

Hi, there's no doubt that I want to help GK, one of my home servers, as much as I possibly can. My account name is "Tigairius", my online time on that account is well over 1200 hours, but with all of my past accounts I have a near 6000 hours. I have 263 days left of Kingdoms gold time. My previous accounts are: Tig, Sacred Shadow, HeyLookItsTig, CaTigus, Jaqen, TTastic, BigNoobie, among plenty of others... Tig had around 1700 hours, Sacred Shadow had around 2100 hours, HeyLookItsTig had around 500 hours, CaTigus had around 1200 hours, Jaqen had nearly no hours, TTastic has around 50 hours, BigNoobie has 237.
I have been playing Graal since approximately 1999-2000, around 2001 I began developing, I helped out on an "under construction server" called Providence with the head developer. When 2002 rolled around, I was an administrator on Babylon with a level 3-4 RC. I worked on Babylon from late 2001 to early 2003, which is when I moved to GK.

History as Staff

After working as an administrator of Babylon, during my time on Graal Kingdoms I worked numerous other positions including developer on Maloria, head NAT on Valikorlia, developer/head developer's assistant on Era, I helped Zodiac script a q-menu, NAT Admin on Unholy Nation, owner/manager of Ol' West, NAT on Delteria, NAT on Zenkou, I have helped AEON script several things, not to mention that I have worked on over 50 playerworlds, most of which gave me level 4 RC. I am very knowledgable in several development fields including: web design, gscript 1 and 2, 2D and 3D graphic design, sound effects, music, levels (with any tileset), terrain, ganis, PHP, html, javascript, Visual Basic, among other fields of development. I think this knowledge makes me a great candidate for FAQ, because a real FAQ should be able to answer any question, even if it is "how was this made?"

Why You Should Choose Me

I think I am a great choice for the job because I have seen almost every face of GK. I am homeschooling myself in order to take more advanced courses, so I will have time to be on during the day, when others appear to be busy with jobs/school. I have been around on GK to see everything that has happened in its past. A FAQ should be able to answer any question on the history of GK, if they are unable to answer a history question, that makes them a bad FAQ, in my opinion. A FAQ is someone who, not only should be very knowledgeable, but have a brilliant personal touch to every question that's answered. If every FAQ just answered with a 'yes' or 'no' that would only drive more questions, I would be willing to go in-depth with every answer I give to a question, and I am able to show them by example, whether it is actually walking them somewhere, or it is giving a script example. Being a FAQ is not like being a GP, or similar, there are careful things which should be taken in to consideration, for example, why does this person -even- care? Is this person here for themselves or are they here for the community? I can say, with complete confidence, I am here for the community... I have no reason to take this job for myself, it is a selfless job.

My Apologies, and My Solution

A couple of years ago, I was pesky and handled situations a bit immaturely, which I apologize for, and regardless of my past, it has given me experiences that no other FAQ would be able to provide. I am able to put myself in other people's shoes much easier than someone else would be able to. The thing that separates me, from the other applicants is the fact that I care. I know what it's like to be mistreated, and I am willing to not only answer questions, but give personal advice to help brighten someone's day or even keep someone going, just long enough to find the light at the end of the tunnel. By giving me ONE chance to be a part of the FAQ team, and I know your guys' faith in me isn't very high, I will hopefully open a new door of respect that you have never felt for me before.

Thank you.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

Last edited by Tigairius; 10-07-2007 at 02:34 AM.. Reason: Fixed a typo, changed "it's" to "its".
Old 10-06-2007, 09:20 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Account: Googi
Onlinetime: 2501 hours
Kingdoms Gold Time Left: 181 days
Previous Accounts: None
Staff Experience: Events Team on 2K1, FAQ on 2K1, FAQ Chief on 2K1, Scripter on N-Pulse for about 5 seconds, rejected all offered staff positions for the past five years.
Graal Experience: Started playing N-Pulse in early 2001. Switched to 2K1 in fall of 2001. Been playing 2K2 since 2K1.
Why I should be FAQ: You know who I am, you know that I've been around, and you should be able to figure out that I'm not going to be much better or much worse at answering questions than just about any other experienced player. If there is a difference, it's that my intention is to use my FAQ status to save and revivify the server, and thus will seek to convince trials to upgrade as well as answer their questions. If it's really the kind of thing that qualifies you to be FAQ, I'll point out that I'm not too shabby when it comes to PHP either.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Account: Ravenblade1979
Onlinetime: 2773 hrs
Kingdoms Gold Time Left: 413 days
Previous Accounts: None
Staff Experience: ET on Zone, EM on GK, Dev for zormite and Gk itself. LAT position on another server but they didn't need me.
Graal Experience: Started playing 2004-2005.
Why I should be FAQ: I have a lot of knowledge. I spend mostly all my time on Graal Kingdoms unless I am working on Kingdoms Debug. I usually help people. I am known. Usually answer questions right away when asked.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:07 AM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
Account: sage_scooby
Onlinetime: 2310 hours
Kingdoms Gold Time left: 97 Days
Previous Account(s): none
Onlinetime(s): N/A

I am currently an EM on GK. I owned and worked on Aeon. Now I mostly pay for it, though I help out sometimes when I can. I worked on debug for Crescent Pirates for a while.

I'm a very kind and knowledgable person. I love to learn new things and teach other people things. I've been on GK long enough to know much of the trials and tribulations that new players must face. I also do my best to learn all aspects of everything I do, be it a job or game. I started, and sometimes work on a GK helpsite.

If I were selected to be a GK FAQ, I would spend much of my online time on tag. Any second I am not busy doing events, kingdom work, or training I would be on tag. I would probably run around offering assitance to some people once in a while. Mass messages letting people know I am available to help, even if I am not on tag.

-[email protected]
Old 10-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Account: ViperZakuto
Onlinetime: I have around 1000 hours on unsaid account, and 1381 on ViperZakuto
Kingdoms Gold Time Left: 310 Days
Previous Accounts: Viper34930
Staff Position: I never have had any staff positions... lol but I did build the manastone shop in forest, on Draxx's computer =D
Graal Experience:
Started playing graal in i would say 98 maybe give or take a few years. I played on a server called Dino valley. In early 2001 I watched and discussed this game for months with DraxxTeazok. in late 2001 I subscribed to gk. Iv'e been around gk for a good bit of years now, and have seen a lot of things. When I wasn't playing I was usually watching Draxx play.
Why I should be FAQ:
I may not know every single little detail there is to know about graal... but i am very resourseful and willing to learn. I have also helped alot of people on this server. I think I have the patients to help this server survive. I also posted what it takes to make craftable items, so I am willing to do a dirty job, if it needs done.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:49 AM
On graal... I'm a rebel
KyleNicholson is on a distinguished road
Part A

Account:Nickname(ex.Bob21:Saget)

Hours on GK-

Hours on Daily-

Have you ever done a misdeed such as scam, misbehave out of rules, or vulgar behavior?

Why do you wanna be FAQ?

What staff skills do you posses?

Part B
A person asks how do they get a better weapon, please explain in detail step by step how they do this.

A person is having trouble killing small monsters and heard about blessing, please explain to him which god does that and how to bless. What would you do yourself if you worshipped that god?

Your friend's gold account runs out and he/she is stuck on an island, he/she is
trial remember, but there is a detour way. Explain how they can get there, you choose what kingdom they are stuck on.

Final Question: A player gets hacked by a hacker and you he/she the hacker is still on. What do you tell the victim to do and what do you do yourself as a staff.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Coffeefilter no more!
lardy227 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to lardy227 Send a message via AIM to lardy227 Send a message via MSN to lardy227 Send a message via Yahoo to lardy227
Account: Lardy227
Onlinetime: 1000 hours
Kingdoms Gold Time left: 95
Previous Account(s): None
Onlinetime(s): 3-4 hours?

My Graal experience: I know alot of things about gk and stuff also been an et on Graal Legacy for like 3 hours :P also working on some stuff for floating island too
Why me and not someone else?
Cause alot of people like me and i know how to answer questions without beating them to a pulp
What would I do if someone was hacking and doing all the bad stuffs:
I would tell GK staff about it and keep record of it
Think of something good to convince us:
I am awesome, alotta people know me and I think they all like me :o
and im cool
ERG.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:06 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
After the playercount goes up again we will hire one or two more people but for now we will have 3 people.

1. Googi
2. ViperZakuto
3. Tigairius

Congratulations guys.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Closed Thread