Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-09-2009, 11:43 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
D E E K caps
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:15 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Congratulations!
Old 09-10-2009, 03:23 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Congrats !
Old 09-10-2009, 04:28 AM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Congradulations everyone. I'm glad to see a complete GDT team. Hopefully this will be the huge breakthrough that its potential dictates.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
There has been some more additions in recent days, maybe you should announce them too. Plus, if you're open to constant recruitment then maybe you should post that too, because I thought it was just a now-and-again thing.

Are there standards involved in the selection process? I noticed that Katie (ktbaloncesto) has been added for Levels, why? She hasn't got the ability to do anything that everyone else can't already do. In addition to this she doesn't post on the forums, and that was one of the biggest reasons why people were denied in the initial "hiring" for the team. A few examples of her levels because I'm talking crap here:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1260027396.png
Views:	178
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	49988   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1260027405.png
Views:	171
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	49989   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1260027432.png
Views:	159
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	49990   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1260027446.png
Views:	160
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	49991  
Old 12-05-2009, 05:50 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Are there standards involved in the selection process? I noticed that Katie (ktbaloncesto) has been added for Levels, why? She hasn't got the ability to do anything that everyone else can't already do. In addition to this she doesn't post on the forums, and that was one of the biggest reasons why people were denied in the initial "hiring" for the team. A few examples of her levels because I'm talking crap here:

agreed.. i don't see anything spectacular or different
Old 12-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Gratz to everyone that came on the team.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:07 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
There has been some more additions in recent days, maybe you should announce them too. Plus, if you're open to constant recruitment then maybe you should post that too, because I thought it was just a now-and-again thing.

Those levels are quite old compared to the levels that she showed me, but then again, it's not really open for discussion. I'm not interested in debating every single addition we make to the team with you and your friends, Rufus, and the fact that you keep following her around everywhere she goes and harassing her really speaks loudly about your secret agenda behind this post.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 12-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Those levels are quite old compared to the levels that she showed me, but then again, it's not really open for discussion.
The fact that you've added her to the team has confirmed to me why she truly is a part of it.

Quote:
Well actually, yes it is. I'm not interested in debating every single addition we make to the team with you and your friends
I don't see where every single addition made to the team is being debated by me and "my friends" so what are you talking about? This post is by me and not one single friend of mine has responded to it. Additionally, the other additions to the team were discussed by the GDT members in an application process. You have posted criticism of other team members, so how is this any different?

Quote:
Rufus, and the fact that you keep following her around everywhere she goes and harassing her really speaks loudly about your secret agenda behind this post.
Asking her for examples of her levels is totally harassing her. You'd think that a member of the Global Development Team would have work to actually show people. She doesn't post on the forums and the only levels that anyone has seen are those that I posted, how am I supposed to know what I can approach her about?
Old 12-05-2009, 10:53 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Asking her for examples of her levels is totally harassing her. You'd think that a member of the Global Development Team would have work to actually show people. She doesn't post on the forums and the only levels that anyone has seen are those that I posted, how am I supposed to know what I can approach her about?
Why would she even need to show you any examples of her levels? She doesn't need to prove to you that her work is good enough because that fact that she is in the Global Development Team should reflect her skills and I don't believe people would be added to the GDT if they were not good enough. Also if I'm not mistaken she designed the recent level work for the Misty Mug Tavern on Graal Kingdoms.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Why would she even need to show you any examples of her levels? She doesn't need to prove to you that her work is good enough because that fact that she is in the Global Development Team should reflect her skills and I don't believe people would be added to the GDT if they were not good enough. Also if I'm not mistaken she designed the recent level work for the Misty Mug Tavern on Graal Kingdoms.
I didn't demand levels, I asked her if she had any examples, and there's a reason for this. Many of the Global Development Team were already well known within the community. With this, people are aware of what they can go to these people for. I know that WanDaMan is a pro-cliffer, therefore if I need any help with cliffing I could go to him with any problems. I do not know what Katie can provide, there has been no effort to make it known what she can provide, and how does a tag automatically reflect ability? She doesn't post here and nobody knows who she is; people were DENIED for this reasoning alone. What can I go to Katie for help with?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:04 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
I have to agree with Rufus. The point of the GDT is that the members of the group must be trusted by/within the community, reachable by/within the community and hopefully have a good reputation within the community. Talent also applies.

Quote:
... how does a tag automatically reflect ability?

She doesn't post here and nobody knows who she is; people were DENIED for this reasoning alone. ...

Last edited by Chompy; 12-06-2009 at 12:20 AM..
Old 12-06-2009, 12:14 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
who is katie?

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 12-06-2009, 12:27 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
I also would like to know what are the reasons to add new team members to the GDT. I doubt a relationship is a reason and I hope that this wasn't the matter to add her. I don't want and also don't be able to judge her abilities.
We are here a grown community and I think additions to the global staff team needs to be explained. Better would be to announce hirings to give members for many years the possibility to make an application.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:31 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I also would like to know what are the reasons to add new team members to the GDT. I doubt a relationship is a reason and I hope that this wasn't the matter to add her. I don't want and also don't be able to judge her abilities.
We are here a grown community and I think additions to the global staff team needs to be explained. Better would be to announce hirings to give members for many years the possibility to make an application.
We have accepted several applications since the initial announcement of the team, none of whom have had any controversy upon their addition to the team, but also they don't post on the forums much either.

Everyone is welcome to go check out the misty mug tavern on GK for an example of some of her levels that are on GK at the moment. She has also contributed endless numbers of levels to Unholy Nation when she was LAT Admin there for over a year.

She is more than qualified to be on the team, as are the other members who were added, and that is why they were added.

If they were not qualified for the position, they would not have been added; and if they were added and were not qualified, I think it's pretty clear that they will end up being removed eventually anyways when we ask them to do work and they are unable to complete it properly.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”