Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Gani Construction
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Live to Laugh
Desear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Desear Send a message via MSN to Desear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
More progress: zoom is working fine, also dragndrop is working again, still a lot of stuff on my todo list, but it might be possible to post an updated version soon.
Cool, hope to see more of this.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:58 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Ok here it is. There might still be some bugs, but it gives at least some feeling about what can be possible: you can zoom, and also move the background like in the old gani editor. Dragging of sprites is also working fine. The ATTACH thing still needs to be added.

Beside uploading the script you also need to upload the images from graalshopgfx.zip, and give "rw levels/ganis/*.gani" rights to the npcserver.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ganieditor2.txt (75.5 KB, 965 views)
File Type: zip graalshopgfx.zip (9.3 KB, 509 views)
Old 04-13-2008, 02:45 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Ok here it is. There might still be some bugs, but it gives at least some feeling about what can be possible: you can zoom, and also move the background like in the old gani editor. Dragging of sprites is also working fine. The ATTACH thing still needs to be added.

Beside uploading the script you also need to upload the images from graalshopgfx.zip, and give "rw levels/ganis/*.gani" rights to the npcserver.
rw levels/ganis/*.gani is a huge security risk.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:54 AM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
rw levels/ganis/*.gani is a huge security risk.
yeah, that npc server is quite a shady character
Old 04-13-2008, 03:01 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
yeah, that npc server is quite a shady character
I mean that any random NAT or even LAT could delete all the GANIs
Old 04-13-2008, 05:45 AM
That guy with a beard
PrinceOfKenshin has a spectacular aura about
when i load ganis the properties of the gani like the head, body, attributes and all that stuff doesn't load. I am using a custom body for the ganis i am making, just so you know

Quote:
Game Master (Server): Greetings PrinceOfKenshin, there are new posts on the forums that demand your urgent attention! God speed, the fate of the world is in your hands. If you fail, middle earth will forever be in the darkness and your children will be enslaved by McKain.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:45 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
I mean that any random NAT or even LAT could delete all the GANIs
That's why I'm finishing my in-game level editor so that script control for levels can be limited or even removed with ease (and not to mention tilelayer support, more painting features and easier server uploading/downloading/updating). This would remove the security risk with level designers or 'LATs' as you all like to call them.

Would be nice to then implement my limiting feature into the scripting portion of the client-rc later to maybe remove that risk for scripters too (blocking the scripting of savelines and variable function calls to avoid files from being edited). Of course this would have to be an option with a list of accounts or so for the head coders.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Hmmm could be interesting to allow a script filter for uploaded levels, before loading them into memory.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:36 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
'LATs' as you all like to call them.
I apologize, I've been on Utopia too long. I actually used to call them Level Designers, higher management rejected it.
Quote:
Hmmm could be interesting to allow a script filter for uploaded levels, before loading them into memory.
If it could be customizable.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfKenshin View Post
when i load ganis the properties of the gani like the head, body, attributes and all that stuff doesn't load. I am using a custom body for the ganis i am making, just so you know
talk to me on AIM: PawltothePawl, I'll see if I can figure out what your problem is.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Graal Administration
I've worked a little bit more on this, it can handle now ATTACHSPRITE and ATTACHSPRITE2 (e.g. for zone/kingdom ganis):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graalshop_attachsprites.png
Views:	477
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	44556  
Old 03-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
I've worked a little bit more on this, it can handle now ATTACHSPRITE and ATTACHSPRITE2 (e.g. for zone/kingdom ganis):
Shameless bump.

Stefan, are you gonna upload this script too?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:20 PM
the fake one
It would be a lot nicer if you got rid of the Toon theme. Just use GuiBlue
Old 03-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Banned
fragman85 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
No.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this line:

style = $pref::Video::defaultguistyle;

just making it take your own, custom GUI style which would differ from player to player? Otherwise, in-script, editable to just not have a style that is anything other than the default blue?
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·