Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
Also, if I fixed the bodies, or made to normal, Would you guys play? The problem was, Houdini always said we couldn't make classic if we had classic bodies. So we switched to custom bodies, but now times have changed.

I think it'd be cool if we went back to classic bodies. Atrius has alot of neat stuff. It may not be the BEST server out there, but its still fun and holds a place in my heart :]

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 03-24-2010, 06:38 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames View Post
Houdini always said we couldn't make classic if we had classic bodies. So we switched to custom bodies, but now times have changed.
Sounds like a load of ****. Not on your part(if you're telling the truth)... what a stupid thing to focus on when reviewing a server for Classic status.

"Whoa, this server was awesome. Great quests, brilliant planning... but you're using classic bodies. Sorry, but you fail! Come back when you have bodies that look like crap instead."
Old 03-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Atrius Manager
Yea exactly. Thus why im glad Houdini was fired/left etc.. He was a really mean PWA. I disliked him greatly. Atrius has been the longest playerworld in UC not to make it classic. We've been in development since late 2003. I just think they didn't want to make us classic for the fear it'd split Eras playercount in half. I think it'd attract new players who like the modern theme, but don't like Era. Alot of players log on and like it, for the fact, they can actually obtain weapons, and its fair for beginners, also they actually have the chance to get in a gang/business.

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 03-24-2010, 06:59 AM
xticis1337 is on a distinguished road
Atrius has always had some good ideas but never the time to be finished I agree. Bodies were made to be different so that people didn't complain "OH ITS JUST ANOTHER ERA REMAKE" Which I can respect. Atrius needs to push forward and hopefully get some good development done. I think that the territories maps will be cool and add a Grand Theft Auto aspect to the server. Just saw the tanks, and i do think thats a little overkill. But other than that the businesses and other systems for making money that they have added seem to be very good. I hope to see Atrius to continue to develop and eventually make it to the playerworlds list.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:12 AM
Atrius Manager
Thank you for your input, And yes that was our goal with the bodies. To not be called a
"Era ripoff" Witch we arnt. I just like guns, and what better way to do what I like to do by putting it into a game. I always loved text based games. I like developing, I just don't like making classic/miedevil type styled servers. I'd love to work on Era, but unfortanetly they will never hire me. So I work on the next best thing :]

Note: Even if Atrius was sort of like Era, who the hell cares? lol if its fun people will play, if it isnt. Don't log on. Simple as that.

James,
Manager of Atrius

Last edited by TheJames; 03-24-2010 at 07:45 AM..
Old 03-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Atrius Manager
Us from GK having switching to Weapons/Bombs instead of swords to destroy eachother
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1269372303.png
Views:	121
Size:	336.4 KB
ID:	50719   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1269372820.png
Views:	129
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	50720  

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 03-24-2010, 08:00 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Epique

Old 03-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Can I see the Helicopter

Old 03-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Atrius Manager
Any particular reason you wanted to see it Elk? Maybe want to make us some stuff?

Heres the tanks too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1269377309.png
Views:	130
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	50721  

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 03-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Hehe, afaid I can't

just wanted to see if my assumption was right, it's the old ass helicopter that has been on pservers for some time, yours is just the outline and a recolor of some sorts

Best of luck though

Old 03-24-2010, 10:29 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Hehe, afaid I can't

just wanted to see if my assumption was right, it's the old ass helicopter that has been on pservers for some time, yours is just the outline and a recolor of some sorts

Best of luck though
I noticed this in thier old screenies too

Though, the tanks side view looks like some small tank was found on the internet and simply enlarged.
Had James delete a stolen script from atrius today after a long argument ~o~...this was stolen from my old server.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Atrius Manager
Haters please hate somewhere else, you are not welcomed in this thread.

Note: One of our NAT's designed this script for us before you, aswell, your server is currently not up and running, nor using this script in-game. So therefore it is our script, and we will continue to use it. Sorry for any inconveniances this may have caused you.

Any ideas people?

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 03-24-2010, 01:09 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
I'm not a fan of modern servers so it's all pretty meh to me. But, why are you so aggressive about the "haters," or whatever you called them? You want people to play your server, right? You can't just dismiss claims made by people.

With that said, Graal doesn't have the playercount to sustain two modern servers (in the long run). So, make it better than Era or stop wasting your time.

Also: I miss the old PW reviews too. I mean, would it really be all that hard to do? Even if PWAs don't do it, why can't the News Team? I used to always look forward to reading a Jinx or Torankusu review. Sure, there were plenty of bad servers, but they always gave a lot of detail and got really into the server. PWAs have sucked ever since Spark left.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
A lot of the new stuff looks terrible compared to the old stuff.
You should make it all in the same style so that it doesn't stick out.

But props for having a city that actually seems somewhat city-ish and isn't just a few buildings with grass everywhere.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
That helicopter looks like Opans helicopter :o