Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
imaginary criticisms.

I doubt as many people would care about the existence of the GDT if you all weren't so insistent on keeping a high profile and touting your membership, all while having done just about nothing to help Graal.

Rather than trying to prove yourselves with words, why not just get to work on releasing something. Actions speak louder than words.
We are actually working on something, and I'd be thankful if you tried, just a little, to read what Bell said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
fowlyplay4 had a private project he was working on that a few members of GDT offered to give him assistance on. It is not a server but it was found to be a possible benefit to some members of the development community. Its sort of like Dusty's freetiles. People can use them if they want or they don't have to. If they don't like something so be it, he doesn't have to change one just because someone hates it. They just don't need to use it.

When and if the project gets done you'll get all the opportunities you want to criticize it. Until such time just stop being so negative and asking people to defend themselves for things you know nothing about yet.
Of course, this is not the only thing being worked on. I am myself working on releasing something, and got some other projects running.

Stop asking such questions, I'm tired to have to repeat the same things over and over. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:39 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
I doubt as many people would care about the existence of the GDT if you all weren't so insistent on keeping a high profile and touting your membership, all while having done just about nothing to help Graal.
To be fair, a part of the group's mission to help servers with development troubles. We have to advertise to do that. And releases can't be the only form of advertisement.

Quote:
Rather than trying to prove yourselves with words, why not just get to work on releasing something. Actions speak louder than words.
I've personally released something. Have yet to see any buy a single person comment on it. In my opinion, the GDT should have a better way to share releases than to post in the levels/graphics/scripting subforums. But that would require some work from Stefan, or some other scripter with access to global stuff.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:47 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
imaginary criticisms.

No matter what anyone does, people will still find something to complain about.

As for high profiles, one of the aspects of being a GDT requires a high profile so that developers can take advantage of those services the GDT is willing to offer.

And who is trying to prove his or her self with words and not actions?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:59 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
all while having done just about nothing to help Graal.
Individually, many of the GDT members (especially the scripters) have done plenty to help Graal. People like Jerret and Inverness have released many, many scripts to help servers.

But the GDT as a whole is another story, since those who have helped out, such as the two mentioned, were doing that long before they were in the GDT. The GDT hasn't really changed much of anything.

Perhaps if the GDT wasn't just a team of people doing exactly what they were doing before (not necessarily a bad thing, individually) and willing to help individual servers and projects without having to have a particular interest in them then the GDT would serve a worthwhile purpose.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 03-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
All the GDT has been so far is a group of people that players can yell at because they are bitter about the state of Graal.

The blame for the players yelling at the GDT lies with no one in the GDT, only the players and the upper-echelons of Graal administration.

GDT is still budding and they have released some stuff already. Being bitter will make them release less when we need more. So stop.

Last edited by WhiteDragon; 03-02-2010 at 02:23 AM..
Old 03-02-2010, 03:04 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
We are actually working on something, and I'd be thankful if you tried, just a little, to read what Bell said
I read what she said, but so what?

I don't understand the desperate pleas for attention when as far as the average player can tell, the GDT has contributed nothing.

Again, I am sure a release would appease the more reasonable members of the community and don't even bother trying to convince me that Graal and it's management has ever cared about what people with serious criticisms have said.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:14 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I read what she said, but so what?

I don't understand the desperate pleas for attention when as far as the average player can tell, the GDT has contributed nothing.

Again, I am sure a release would appease the more reasonable members of the community and don't even bother trying to convince me that Graal and it's management has ever cared about what people with serious criticisms have said.
Who is desperately pleading for attention?

And I'd like to know why you believe the GDT should be concerned about appeasement.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:19 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
or that we even exist then again it doesn't really affect them, but this is just dragging on now let's just let this thread die.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Who is desperately pleading for attention?

And I'd like to know why you believe the GDT should be concerned about appeasement.
there have been multiple threads regarding the GDT in the past week alone.

It doesn't really matter if the GDT is going for appeasement or not because it is obvious you cannot satisfy all of GraalOnline's players at once considering how diverse the playerbase is, but I am unsure why the GDT is creating threads and arguing with players in them instead of actually doing something.

I don't think the existence of the GDT is a bad thing and I'm excited at the potential they have to do good for the game, but that's just it, it's only potential right now.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:41 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Why doesn't moderation simply make a release forum for free-to-use stuff. Move the code gallery into it as a sub forum and add a graphics sub forum and so on... would make it easier to find certain things rather than exploring threads with loads of pages, like the free-tiles thread.

And since GDT needs to feel special about their releases, have a sub forum specifically for GDT releases -.-
Old 03-02-2010, 03:43 AM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Why doesn't moderation simply make a release forum for free-to-use stuff. Move the code gallery into it as a sub forum and add a graphics sub forum and so on... would make it easier to find certain things rather than exploring threads with loads of pages, like the free-tiles thread.

And since GDT needs to feel special about their releases, have a sub forum specifically for GDT releases -.-
would also be nice to see a GDT blog or something where they document releases and dates to make it easy to see what they're doing/have done.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:55 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:

Quote:
would also be nice to see a GDT blog or something where they document releases and dates to make it easy to see what they're doing/have done.
Both very good ideas that should definitely be considered by the GDT!

For the public release forum, it might be better just to add sections to the already existing dev forums. Much like the scripting sub-forum has a code gallery, the graphics sub-forum should have a public graphics section, etc. I'm not sure if free levels would be used very often, but why the hell not?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:02 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:

Stefan doesn't want any more forums added because there are so many now.

Sad that a thread was started to announce the head of the GDT. We should be offering congrats and encouragement, but instead the GDT end up having to defend themselves before they even really get started in a thread not even about that. A little positive encouragement goes a long way guys.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Closed Thread