Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I'm not a big fan of keeping it a secret to avoid critics. In the end you'll end up with a server you think is great and works but full of flaws you just can't see yourself(and it's really hard for anyone else working on it to see as well). However, if it's to avoid drama and such that's understandable... but criticism is a good thing people.

However, I am fond of secrecy because in this day and age it's pointless to get people all hyped up when there is a very high likelihood the server is never going to see the light of day. I hate crushing hope like that, and if I were to have a project no one would know about it until it was beta-released or something.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:34 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
See response to cbk's quote in my previous post.

I've stated my opinions and shared all the information that I felt was important. So it's being left at that, you'll find out more when it's released.

So back to what this thread was originally about:

Congratz to Soala, we have a long road ahead of us.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:38 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
So, the GDT is developing a server rather than working on things to benefit Graal as a whole? That's somewhat disappointing.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:48 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah sure why not.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpoke103 View Post
We're actually working on something at the moment that fowlplay4 has conned up. It will be something that will benefit future Playerworld developers to get them started. I'll let him speak regarding the matter further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Yes, I am working with my fellow GDT on a project and as ben said it is aimed towards new server owners, that's all public really needs to know.

So, just wait for it to be released (Maybe a week or two depending on my schedule).
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
So, the GDT is developing a server rather than working on things to benefit Graal as a whole? That's somewhat disappointing.
It doesn't sound like a server. Unless it's something like testbed?
Old 03-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Stop it, some of you sound like a bunch of politicians arguing over which party is right and which is wrong. This is the very reason it was decided that the GDT should have some place to discuss certain things that don't need public opinion right away. If the public discussed every detail of every project that passed through Graal, absolutely nothing would ever get finished. Oh wait, that happens already, I forgot. People give up on projects because they are tired of having to defend every pixel they lay or every onFunction they write.

fowlyplay4 had a private project he was working on that a few members of GDT offered to give him assistance on. It is not a server but it was found to be a possible benefit to some members of the development community. Its sort of like Dusty's freetiles. People can use them if they want or they don't have to. If they don't like something so be it, he doesn't have to change one just because someone hates it. They just don't need to use it.

When and if the project gets done you'll get all the opportunities you want to criticize it. Until such time just stop being so negative and asking people to defend themselves for things you know nothing about yet.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
It seems I'm late to the discussion, but I'll say that some of you seem to have the mistaken impression that the GDT is required to allow criticism from the community and/or disclose what we're working on for you ingrates to judge. It does not work that way.

If a fellow GDT member wants some constructive criticism, we're here to provide when asked.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:30 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
It seems I'm late to the discussion, but I'll say that some of you seem to have the mistaken impression that the GDT is required to allow criticism from the community and/or disclose what we're working on for you ingrates to judge. It does not work that way.

If a fellow GDT member wants some constructive criticism, we're here to provide when asked.
Well, aren't you high and mighty?

We (the players) pay for Graal, and the GDT are an extension of a global staff team, so I don't think it would be ridiculous to assume they should be able to accept criticism from players. At the very least, the members of the GDT should be able to communicate in a somewhat professional manner rather than arrogantly placing themselves above the meaningless players.

Note, however, that I'm not trying to attack Jerret; he's one of the only GDT members who I've seen actually do anything. If the rest of the GDT had his work ethic, I wouldn't be at all concerned about the actions the GDT has taken. However, in its short existence, the GDT has proved almost completely useless, hence why I think you should give a general idea of your plans. I'm not talking about debating specifics (or "pixels", as Bell said), but instead your general plans.

Do you plan to release a new server? Do you plan to improve documentation? That's the kind of thing that needs to be released for scrutiny.

edit: cute signature btw
Old 03-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Well, aren't you high and mighty?
Yes.
Quote:
We (the players) pay for Graal, and the GDT are an extension of a global staff team, so I don't think it would be ridiculous to assume they should be able to accept criticism from players. At the very least, the members of the GDT should be able to communicate in a somewhat professional manner rather than arrogantly placing themselves above the meaningless players.
GDT members can accept criticism at their leisure, it is recommended, but not forced.
Quote:
Note, however, that I'm not trying to attack Jerret; he's one of the only GDT members who I've seen actually do anything. If the rest of the GDT had his work ethic, I wouldn't be at all concerned about the actions the GDT has taken. However, in its short existence, the GDT has proved almost completely useless, hence why I think you should give a general idea of your plans. I'm not talking about debating specifics (or "pixels", as Bell said), but instead your general plans.

Do you plan to release a new server? Do you plan to improve documentation? That's the kind of thing that needs to be released for scrutiny.
Jerret can share what he is doing at his leisure, don't nag him about it.

And if you think the GDT is useless, perhaps you should join and try making it less useless?
Old 03-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
some of you seem to have the mistaken impression that the GDT is required to allow criticism from the community and/or disclose what we're working on for you ingrates to judge.
Quote:
And if you think the GDT is useless, perhaps you should join and try making it less useless?

If becoming a member of the GDT entitles belittling the community, no thanks.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
ingrates
implying the GDT has done anything to be grateful for
Old 03-02-2010, 12:40 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
+rep.

I view the GDT as nothing more than developers doing what they've always done, except trying to get more noticed for it.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
You can make a GDT hate club if you want, no one will stop you, and I'm sure many people out there have the same negative feeling about us.

But please, hear me out:

From things that I've heard and from many people out there, you all think the GDT is worthless. Arguments ?

-Oh look, a 17 years old french kid will manage somewhat the worse team of developers ever
-I wonder if the GDT will ever be useful, the team was made quite some months ago !
-Oh my god, this is ridiculous, that kid will never be able to manage and organize a team made of people older than him, it's getting nowhere !

And more...

What do I have to say ? What are my own arguments ?

- I offered my help to hopefuly get most of things done. I can promise there will be some changes.
- We are not lifeless zombies that are going to work 24/7 to offer our help. We all got a life, most members got a real job and the way we work will probably stay the same.
- And then, you can think whatever you want about me, but as young as I am, you must aswell realize that I'm facing school, exams and such. I didn't offer my help for nothing still.

Again, say anything you want to this, I will make sure to enjoy that job no matter what happens.
Miracles, miracles, that's all you guys are wishing for. We are not super heroes, but it takes a full team to make one.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:02 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I don't think your age or nationality has to do with how any players view the GDT. I haven't read all the posts, however, I don't see one person belittling you since your age and since you're french.

I think most people are just questioning what exactly the GDT has to do.

PS: I never congratulated, so good job on your promotion!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:07 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
You can make a GDT hate club if you want, no one will stop you, and I'm sure many people out there have the same negative feeling about us.

But please, hear me out:

From things that I've heard and from many people out there, you all think the GDT is worthless. Arguments ?

-Oh look, a 17 years old french kid will manage somewhat the worse team of developers ever
-I wonder if the GDT will ever be useful, the team was made quite some months ago !
-Oh my god, this is ridiculous, that kid will never be able to manage and organize a team made of people older than him, it's getting nowhere !

And more...

What do I have to say ? What are my own arguments ?

- I offered my help to hopefuly get most of things done. I can promise there will be some changes.
- We are not lifeless zombies that are going to work 24/7 to offer our help. We all got a life, most members got a real job and the way we work will probably stay the same.
- And then, you can think whatever you want about me, but as young as I am, you must aswell realize that I'm facing school, exams and such. I didn't offer my help for nothing still.

Again, say anything you want to this, I will make sure to enjoy that job no matter what happens.
Miracles, miracles, that's all you guys are wishing for. We are not super heroes, but it takes a full team to make one.
imaginary criticisms.

I doubt as many people would care about the existence of the GDT if you all weren't so insistent on keeping a high profile and touting your membership, all while having done just about nothing to help Graal.

Rather than trying to prove yourselves with words, why not just get to work on releasing something. Actions speak louder than words.
Closed Thread