Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Sounds & Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2015, 12:21 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Music Question

So I was wondering if anyone know what kind of files graal accepts for music? I have seen .wav files work, but midi's and mp3's do not seem to be working for me. Is there any special way these files have to be saved?
Old 04-23-2015, 12:42 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Did you bother to check volume controls? And can you paste what you have in a script to run it?
Old 04-23-2015, 12:52 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Weapon Npc:
PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {

play("svrvilla.mp3");

Also tried .mid version. Yes I have my graal volume on 100%, I always listen to graal sounds or used to until I stopped hearing them on classic servers. I still hear GK's fine tho.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:50 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
You'll need to have them actually uploaded to your server, or you can host them on a separate server and stream them through the radio channel using playlooped.

Playlooped may also work for MP3s on a server, but I'm not totally certain about that.

Also, try it without quotes, and make sure that the server has access to the folder the files are stored in. (Hopefully somewhere in your levels folder, as that is actually the 'mainfiles' folder that a lot of files need to be in to work.)
Old 04-23-2015, 05:04 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
What platform? It varies at least somewhat between Windows and OS X (but I don't know the full list, else I'd give it). Not sure about Linux but I guess that's not an issue anymore :3
Old 04-23-2015, 07:54 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
.ogg
.mp3
.wav
.midi

also depends what channels and hz and bpm

for mp3s to work or wavs, you need to create the respective folder configurations for the download to be accessible clientside, it then downloads... an external stream by url works too if you can come up with the bandwidth

mp3s or generally bigger files are suggested to be available for download seperately, as it creates quite some downloadstream depending on how many people download it, also depending if they have filechache enabled or not (so it saves it locally on their pc, instead of downloading again and again all over upon trigger whichever)

Old 04-23-2015, 08:28 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
serious related question. what is the best application and format to record a fart in. i want to record one that's so crisp you can taste it. need for my server that revolves around creating smelliest flatulence.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:06 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
serious related question. what is the best application and format to record a fart in. i want to record one that's so crisp you can taste it. need for my server that revolves around creating smelliest flatulence.
Adobe Soundbooth / Audition, using a condenser or dynamic mic. Record in MP3, OGG, or other lossless formats, and don't record anything that's under 44,100hz.

Also, you can find plenty of disgusting samples via Google, but I understand your need for that rich, authentic sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk
also depends what channels and hz and bpm
It hertz me to know that you think BPM has anything to do with audio quality. BPM is a way of more accurately measuring a song's tempo.

Last edited by Draenin; 04-23-2015 at 09:20 AM..
Old 04-23-2015, 09:20 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
You'll need to have them actually uploaded to your server, or you can host them on a separate server and stream them through the radio channel using playlooped.

Playlooped may also work for MP3s on a server, but I'm not totally certain about that.

Also, try it without quotes, and make sure that the server has access to the folder the files are stored in. (Hopefully somewhere in your levels folder, as that is actually the 'mainfiles' folder that a lot of files need to be in to work.)
Well none of the default ones are working from mainfiles/music that say there downloadable when I do /find *.mid... I know I saw something with hrz and quality which is why I asked if it needed to be formatted a certain way. I tried opening a mid in garage band and saving it as a mp3 but it didn't work. I just want to use the default graal music any way its freakin possible but it doesn't seem to be letting me.

Also I am using OS X and Windows 8.1 for Surface Pro. Neither OS seems to work. I have this in my folder options:

PHP Code:
##########################
## Sounds Configuration ##
##########################
file    audio/music/*.mp3
file    audio/music/*.xm
file    audio/music/*.mod
file    audio/music/*.s3m
file    audio/sounds/*.mid
file    audio/sounds/*.wav
file    audio/sounds/*.mp3 
I tried putting music in there and nothing. Also:

PHP Code:
Default game file(sfound (relative to levels/, max 50 files):
mainfiles/music/svrvilla.middownloadable18571 byte2001-11-26 11:35:24 
Old 04-23-2015, 09:23 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Did you give the server rights to that folder as well? It needs rights to the folder you created in folder config, otherwise it's looking for a directory that it doesn't have rights to read from.

Whenever you make a folder, remember that both you and the server will probably need rights to it.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Banned
I got it working. Figured it out was a combination of a few things. First, the file was to large. I should have noticed the message in rc. I did get that fixed but was trying as a mid which apparently is not supported at least on Mac or Linux.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:39 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
I got it working. Figured it out was a combination of a few things. First, the file was to large. I should have noticed the message in rc. I did get that fixed but was trying as a mid which apparently is not supported at least on Mac or Linux.
MIDI (mid) is a super old format with lots of limitations, too. Granted, you can get lots of free music in that format, but be aware that there's also a fair amount of music out there under the Creative Commons license.

Glad to hear you got things resolved, though.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:57 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
opengameart is a great thing

Old 08-25-2015, 09:45 PM
Banned
So out of curiosity does anyone know why when I open a MIDI in garage band for example and play it back it uses different instruments then when I play it with windows media player? I have tried other programs too but I just can't seem to get it to sound exactly the same. I really would like the Stef mid's in mp3 format to put on my iPod nano. I already put the Graal Kingdoms music on it.. it helps me feel more in the zone when I'm doing certain things..
Old 08-25-2015, 10:58 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
different internal midi plugins