Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Awesome, but I'm not quite sure the water color needed to be changed. Swamps are monotonous and bland, and sometimes you gotta go against better judgement and do things wrong, and I think here the green monotone helped convey the tone of a swamp better. Not to mention the new colors are way too tropical.

I quite like the reeds you have, but they give me a WIP vibe, as if they're not finished. I think it's the lack of finer control over the black outline that makes it look a bit scribbly and contrasts wildly to the smooth finish of the tree. Your leaves(in the water) could also use some work as they have pretty poor clustering, and their shapes could be refined much better. The new flower has a much better perspective, but I feel it lacks the more appealing volume/shape of the old red leaves(where they seemed to kind of curve out of the center).

I messed around with a few things here:

Namely just some leaf shapes, fixing up the outline of the reeds a bit and I also felt having the black ascend in a gradient up the leaves as shadows is much more appealing than just cutting off at the bottom. It might also be worth looking into making the reeds a little bit shorter so the shadow doesn't just cut off(which was really bugging me). It might also be worth investing some tiles to properly shadow the bottom of the trees.

I also really don't like the brown stuff on the bottom-right, which I'm guessing are branches or something. You've improved a ton since you made them. Just get rid of them and try something new, maybe logs or just new branches sticking out. I just don't find them appealing at all and detract from the piece.

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 09-18-2012 at 08:58 PM..
Old 09-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Ğarkmåne
racil is a splendid one to beholdracil is a splendid one to beholdracil is a splendid one to beholdracil is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Dusty, your suggestions were realy helpfull.

I don't know what you did under the treeroots but it looks great :O
Tried doing the same, but i can't realy figure out what it is and why it looks good...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	swampttilestest3.png
Views:	330
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	55088  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:23 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
looks nice- be cool to see on a world
Old 09-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
looks nice- be cool to see on a world
Swamp Town.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
You should use an additional tile or two for the center of taller grass(?) parts to give it some more character and look less flat/tiled.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Ğarkmåne
racil is a splendid one to beholdracil is a splendid one to beholdracil is a splendid one to beholdracil is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
Swamp Town.
Ya, It's for swamp town on Graal the Adventure.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Nice swamp, I think it fit's Graal perfectly.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
It looks quite nice, although I'm not sure what makes it "Classic style".
Old 10-14-2012, 09:52 PM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
It looks quite nice, although I'm not sure what makes it "Classic style".
Juicy black outlines.

It's genius.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
although I'm not sure what makes it "Classic style".
The design.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:40 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
hello!

was this swamp ever made public or does it require players to progress through the story first?
a place like this in a server would really feel like home for me, i would idle in that swamp!

thank you!
Old 05-26-2014, 11:55 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
-Stuff-

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.