Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Coder
Gunderak is on a distinguished road
Getting the base64 of an image

Hi, i'm trying to get the base64 string of an image on the server and send it through a socket, but it's failing horribly. It gets a base64 but it isn't correct, I think it's just getting the base64 of a binary dump of the image file.
PHP Code:
  temp.img "base64test.png";

temp.loc findfiles(temp.img1)[0];

temp.lines.loadlines(temp.loc);

temp.lines base64encode(temp.lines); 
temp.lines should be the base64 of the image.

Gund for president.

Remote PM {P*}x (Graal813044) from eraiphone -> Stefan: I hav 1 qustion
*Gunderak: he hav 1
*Gunderak: qustion
Old 03-16-2013, 02:46 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
You will want to base64 encode the raw data of the image. loadlines() will load all lines into an array and should only be used with plain text files and formats. Try loadstring()?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Coder
It works with loadstring! Thankyou!

Gund for president.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
I'm somewhat curious about what you stand to gain from transferring the image as base64; all you will do is make the image significantly bigger to transfer than it originally was?
Old 03-16-2013, 05:31 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
I'm somewhat curious about what you stand to gain from transferring the image as base64; all you will do is make the image significantly bigger to transfer than it originally was?
To transmit the image data through a non-binary interface, possibly?
Old 03-17-2013, 01:58 AM
Coder
Jatz and I are making a system similar to player cards for Delteria, we're sending the image of the player through a socket and letting a php script generate an image from it.

Gund for president.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:51 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunderak View Post
Jatz and I are making a system similar to player cards for Delteria, we're sending the image of the player through a socket and letting a php script generate an image from it.
You would be better off using a client-side drawing panel, drawing the player object on your template, saving the image locally (temporarily) and uploading that to the server instead of getting a third-party web-server involved.

There's also server-side drawing panels that you can use as well.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
You would be better off using a client-side drawing panel, drawing the player object on your template, saving the image locally (temporarily) and uploading that to the server instead of getting a third-party web-server involved.

There's also server-side drawing panels that you can use as well.
Rendering medium to large size drawing panels always seem to lag the server whenever I use them.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Coder
How do you use a drawing panel serverside? iv'e used it clientside before for era valentines day cards. Is it the same logic?

Gund for president.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:06 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunderak View Post
If you're sending data through a socket, you don't have to encode it as base64. Sending binary data through the socket works just fine.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:46 AM
Coder
Iv'e tried not encoding it, but the php server fails to put it back together.

Gund for president.