Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 10:25 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
All the "good" people have "Graal jobs" or are "busy irl" a lot, you newcomers (iPhone players) really need to shape up and support yourself and each other or you're going end up just as negative as us scarred Graal PC players who've been wallowing in this for years.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:48 AM
GFX
DemonSpawnn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
All the "good" people have "Graal jobs" or are "busy irl" a lot, you newcomers (iPhone players) really need to shape up and support yourself and each other or you're going end up just as negative as us scarred Graal PC players who've been wallowing in this for years.
It's not that I'm trying to be negative towards him, I just really can't see 26 staff members coming together and getting stuff done that will be better then Valkoria.. I don't think he should attempt to create a server of this magnitude with inexperienced staff members.. I think "Newcomers", not saying I am not one, Shouldn't try and produce a server like this.. Given that every server managed by "newcomers" has failed before it began, Its hard to wish luck to another server such as this.. I don't think "Newcomers" should go out, buy a server, staff it with friends, and see what happens. Instead, in my opinion, they should work for someone with a bit more experience, hone their skills, and then get together with a few others and PLAN their server.. They should see how many are interested and do some work before making a purchase...
Personally, I believe support doesn't always mean nodding your head and saying good luck, I believe it is being direct and realistic towards each other... If being knocked down a few pegs will make them better them selves then how isn't it support? I know it defiantly taught me to better myself...
Old 12-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSpawnn View Post
Ok, here is the issue that makes it impossible for your server to happen: you will not get good staff. Nobody, that is nobody good, would want to be apart of a unoriginal server with no progress done on it. Sorry to shatter your dreams but it just doesn't seem like 5 GFX's will happen. Now, say be some small nearly impossible chance it does happen, your server is complete, look at the average player count on Valkoria. How many of those very few players do you think will play a knock off when they can play the original? My suggestion is get a new idea, because in a week or so you will probably be posting something around the lines of "New change in direction! A classic themed server!"
Did you not read the description?
It's not supposed to be the new Valikorlia. It's supposed to be like it's own server with a side-aspect of role-playing.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Me.
Bump.
Forget applications. Just send me a few pieces of your work. Please guys...I really need help.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
No offense but... Work on getting a job on Valikorlia instead, come back in 4 years with more experience and developers that will follow you, and try again.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
No offense but... Work on getting a job on Valikorlia instead, come back in 4 years with more experience and developers that will follow you, and try again.
A job on Valikorlia would be fairly worthless...there aren't enough people online, I've hardly seen any progress...just saying. I could be wrong.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
heres what you do. start working on the gmap of your server offline and set realistic goals of when you will complete each part of it (Please tell me you didn't buy a server without a staff team prepared). Once you got the gmap 75% done post some pictures and that should inspire some people to join your team. Cool thing is, you don't even need a server yet! Find some graphic artists and have them start working on images for the server, and in the mean time start thinking what scripts you will need. a custom gui or inventory screen? With the gmap about 80-100% done purchase a server and bam, you already got a gmap and some images done. Your chances of getting staff have just gone up 238432%. Start working on the basic scripts such as your system scripts. It's all down hill from there
Old 01-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Me.
I had a staff team prepared but things haven't ended up the way I planned. Right now I still have a good 260+ days left, but I want to get a new tileset before I hire new levels workers so we don't have to fix all the tile errors afterwards. Scripters...I don't even need to go into that...there aren't enough free ones.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:04 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Valikorlia isn't moving in any meaningful direction. I wouldn't really suggest working there until there's completely new management and players. Development is somewhere around 85% finished. (I'm not sure how finished the 'battle system' is.) It's just not deployed, for whatever reason, which says everything there is to say about Valikorlia.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Valikorlia isn't moving in any meaningful direction. I wouldn't really suggest working there until there's completely new management and players. Development is somewhere around 85% finished. (I'm not sure how finished the 'battle system' is.) It's just not deployed, for whatever reason, which says everything there is to say about Valikorlia.
Exactly. I just need a few people to help me out getting started with my server.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:46 AM
The Grim Reaper
Bline_spoted will become famous soon enough
GFX effect

Okay so in the short amount of time i had i created these for you there not complete tile sets or might not even be tile sets but there are somethings you should use with them. All have transparent backgrounds and some are able to be looped . Sorry this took so long to post them I've been busy with other things...

I hope your happy with them just message me if you want more.

Thank you

- Tornado-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bubble-emotes.png
Views:	57
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	52262   Click image for larger version

Name:	bubble-emotes2.png
Views:	49
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	52263   Click image for larger version

Name:	bubble-emotes3.png
Views:	49
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	52264   Click image for larger version

Name:	darkness-effect1.png
Views:	51
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	52265   Click image for larger version

Name:	darkness-effect2.png
Views:	54
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	52266  

Click image for larger version

Name:	healeffect101.png
Views:	54
Size:	319.0 KB
ID:	52267  
Old 01-17-2011, 03:53 AM
Me.
That's awesome. I can definitely find good use for some of those, thanks.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:58 AM
The Grim Reaper
Bline_spoted will become famous soon enough
Your welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
That's awesome. I can definitely find good use for some of those, thanks.
Your welcome I'm glad to have helped
Old 01-17-2011, 04:34 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bline_spoted View Post
Your welcome
"You're welcome." Regretz does not own a welcome.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:36 AM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
"You're welcome." Regretz does not own a welcome.
Yes I do! It's purple and I keep it in my closet. <.< >.>