Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 05:36 AM
Cool Guy 5000
MonkeyBob has a spectacular aura about
Business Rule

Attention Era,

I would like to make two points just to get it out to the public and make sure its known and understood. These points of course are aimed toward people in businesses and business owners. So if neither of those apply to you, ignore this.

Pking on business tag is now illegal. Since nobody would listen to the rule, Alfonso is making a new system where if you are on tag and shoot your gun and it hits someone, your tag is instantly removed (Not the "fired" kind of removed). Problem solved.

Second, this one applies to business owners, NO CUSTOM RANKS. I have warned you guys about this once before, but I have recently been seeing more custom ranks popping up. Have these fixed or you'll have to deal with MEH.

Alfonso (Working) (Sat Oct 08 23:23:24 2011):
Mass message:

From now on, to prevent any future problems, if you deal damage to a player while on a businesstag it will deal no damage. It will instead remove your business tag. Keep in mind you can still be PKed with a business tag on.

This goes for any projectiles or melee attacks.

Thanks,
Zach!

Last edited by MonkeyBob; 10-09-2011 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: New system was made.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:34 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Is this really necessary? Do players PKing on business tag have an advantage over players without a business tag? It seems like it ought to be up to the owners of the business how they expect their workers to act while on tag, unless I'm missing something and they really do have an advantage.

I've never understood why staff members like to disallow custom ranks. They can make businesses/gangs more fun for some players, and it's not like they do any damage.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Cool Guy 5000
MonkeyBob has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Is this really necessary? Do players PKing on business tag have an advantage over players without a business tag? It seems like it ought to be up to the owners of the business how they expect their workers to act while on tag, unless I'm missing something and they really do have an advantage.

I've never understood why staff members like to disallow custom ranks. They can make businesses/gangs more fun for some players, and it's not like they do any damage.
It keeps players in large groups of people they work with to run around killing people. Its kind of abusive. The custom rank rule is to assure the businesses are more organized and it makes the scripts easier for the higher ranking players that need rights to things in shop. owner, co-owner, manager, etc is easier than Master, Lord, Winner, etc
Old 10-09-2011, 07:45 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBob View Post
It keeps players in large groups of people they work with to run around killing people. Its kind of abusive.
In that case, wouldn't a more elegant fix be to simply enable friendly fire on business tags? There's already an existing place where this can be hooked in (near the old PPA stuff in the living class).

Quote:
The custom rank rule is to assure the businesses are more organized and it makes the scripts easier for the higher ranking players that need rights to things in shop. owner, co-owner, manager, etc is easier than Master, Lord, Winner, etc
I guess I don't really understand why it's the server staffs' job to enforce organization in a player-owned business. It sounds like the real problem is the scripts which are basing rights off of rank titles. Ideally it would work more like the gang system where each rank/member can be assigned rights.

In the absence of a competent system, couldn't you just require that any players who are to have rights use a non-custom rank like "Manager"? There would be no need to police it—any players who wanted to have rights would have to use a standard rank title—and no additional scripting would need to be done.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Banned
PerfectDark is on a distinguished road
Uh zach, this seams like common sence than news... only problem is what are you going to do about PPA and their tags when it opens again? they have to pk while on assignment/tag
Old 10-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Dumb.

Pretty sure that way back when you were unable to damage players whilst on btag.. I dunno why this was ever removed, but can't you just put it back?

Custom ranks is utterly silly. They let Alfonso make up utterly useless jobs like Housing Admin or GBA (after he tried so hard to remove the position). Who cares what player's do within their own business.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
y r custom ranks illegal?? this is so funny..ur working for a biz/gang in a 2d game not for the us army lol makes me wonder how old some of our staff members are
Old 10-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDark View Post
Uh zach, this seams like common sence than news... only problem is what are you going to do about PPA and their tags when it opens again? they have to pk while on assignment/tag
Hasn't Zao said PPA is dead? As in, it will NOT be coming back?
I might be wrong, but i'm pretty sure everyone got tired of it failing so many times.

rogue, stop being a *****.

Chris, when I owned GP i asked the same thing. It was apparently a long-standing rule because a long time ago, people had fought near their businesses with their tags on, and, if they began to lose, would run in and behind the barriers that only they could get through because of their tag.

It seems kind of logical to me, then, that pk'ing on tag would be illegal. But, more interestingly..People are allowed to PK and run into their houses, which is the same kind of problem. Is anyone doing anything about that?

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
Chris, when I owned GP i asked the same thing. It was apparently a long-standing rule because a long time ago, people had fought near their businesses with their tags on, and, if they began to lose, would run in and behind the barriers that only they could get through because of their tag.

It seems kind of logical to me, then, that pk'ing on tag would be illegal. But, more interestingly..People are allowed to PK and run into their houses, which is the same kind of problem. Is anyone doing anything about that?
I told Alfonso like 2 months ago that he should use the door class for the spar arena (15 second after taking damage), and add it to homes and businesses (even the PK arena) because people would use these restricted areas (enter and leave to heal) in order to avoid dying, mostly players with bounties or who just like to waste your time.

It is such a simple thing to do, any level artist could switch all those door joins in 20-30 minutes.

But remember, we are talking about Era here.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
so sum1 who has to get to hit house to do a trade or even with some cash on him can't do so cuz he gets shot by someone? maybe bombing the house entrance?
wake up rogue
Old 10-10-2011, 04:22 AM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
so sum1 who has to get to hit house to do a trade or even with some cash on him can't do so cuz he gets shot by someone? maybe bombing the house entrance?
wake up rogue
Because everyone spends their time bombing houses.
And everyone who has to go for their house for a legitimate non-pk related reason gets chased by people and has money on them to trade.

That is EXTREMELY situational to the point I can't even imagine someone just randomly bombing people's house doors and chasing them to restricted areas.

Beyond that point, most homes have two entrances.. and sewer houses are in a no-pk zone so it is irrelevant to have any problems if you're going to your house for a reason beyond running from a fight.

Plus you can just run around in circles and dodge for 15 seconds if that occasion arises.

I see no problems with this idea.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Era since 2005
still, no
Old 10-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
still, no
Explain?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
And everyone who has to go for their house for a legitimate non-pk related reason gets chased by people and has money on them to trade.
I see that point as invalid, a while ago, back when the old gangs where around, i ended up chasing someone, forgot who, during a raid, and I'm 99% sure he wasn't running because he was trading, because he was in the fight the whole time, had low hp and ran. He then popped into a house and it saved his ass. That's back when we struggled for points.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Era since 2005
ya that's 1 of house's advantages..and ppl will always have to go to houses for non-pk reasons and it's stupid if they cant enter their own house lol