Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-11-2009, 06:54 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
New Graal Website

So... everyone knows the website is confusing, unhelpful, and is very poorly marketing Graal.

I am going out on a limb by posting this; but I believe it's completely necessary. Graal is, without a doubt, losing business because of this website.

I will reward (and try to get rewards from Stefan) anyone who builds a nice website template. If you are trying to build one and get stuck, you can post it on here and get some help with it.

Basically, I think a template of a website would be nice, for example; just place a text box for "Account" and a textbox for "Password" that wouldn't actually do anything; the rest could be done by unixmad/stefan at a later date.

I don't have much approval for this project, but I hope that if we can design a decent template then everyone will see the light and understand the reasoning for why we need a new website.

This is a great opportunity for members of the GDT, but anyone is open to the project.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 10-11-2009, 08:58 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
A new website would be very helpful, yes, but it's also important to decide a marketing strategy for Graal: should it be aimed at players or developers? That's one of the first questions to be answered, and the one that the website pretty much needs to be based on.

We can all agree, however, that the current one is awful, but I'm not sure if it's really the website that's turning people away. From my experience, the majority of traffic Graal has ever gotten was from friend referrals.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:59 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
A new website would be very helpful, yes, but it's also important to decide a marketing strategy for Graal: should it be aimed at players or developers? That's one of the first questions to be answered, and the one that the website pretty much needs to be based on.

We can all agree, however, that the current one is awful, but I'm not sure if it's really the website that's turning people away. From my experience, the majority of traffic Graal has ever gotten was from friend referrals.
I personally believe more focus should be pressed on Graal's development capabilities. However, its gameplay shouldn't be forgotten either.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:15 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
The colors just make no sense at all, doesn't remind me of Graal at all. The old colors made the website feel like 'home.

Mouseover/Dropdown menus are annoying/overrated in my opinion. Collapse/Expand in a main navigation section would be nicer i think.

Next, whether someones disagrees or not, the truth remains. Unholy Nation and Era have obviously been the most successful servers in about a year or so? When guests visit most of their immediate opinions are based off of Zone, and GK. Time to start advertising more of the players work, not just Gold status.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I personally believe more focus should be pressed on Graal's development capabilities. However, its gameplay shouldn't be forgotten either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I don't know a single person on Graal who came here because it's a "development platform" as opposed to it being a game.
Why should more focus should be pressed on Graal's development capabilities?
Old 10-11-2009, 09:34 PM
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Why should more focus should be pressed on Graal's development capabilities?
That's because Graal has a lot to offer on a development standpoint, plus, we need more developers before we can have more games! Therefore, I believe attracting developers is the most important part, then games is second.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:40 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's funny that you can go back to the old site with it's functionality by clicking on the Kingdoms option.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:45 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
well unholy nation and era are just the best of the worst....its nothing you should brag about on a website. new delteria seems very nice and so does bomy island, classic could be good and zone and gk needs a remake in gameplay to be good. But for zone I really think we should go for a lowpoly 3d thirdperson view it looks so awesome in my head with monsters to shoot and like driving... *dreams away*

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
If you are planning to keep the example videos of playerworlds, please add a ****ing play, pause and stop option.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:46 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
I agree, the website would benefit from some graphical improvements and directed more towards the target audience of GraalOnline and not 7 year olds. I also think the layout could be improved to give better access to certain pages and features such as the download and news pages can't be accessed directly from the main index page and I truly believe the news should be on the index page instead of hiding inside the world sections much like it was on the old layout.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
This. ^
Old 10-11-2009, 09:56 PM
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
If you are planning to keep the example videos of playerworlds, please add a ****ing play, pause and stop option.
Yes, I definitely agree.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:03 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
That's because Graal has a lot to offer on a development standpoint, plus, we need more developers before we can have more games! Therefore, I believe attracting developers is the most important part, then games is second.
I have to agree with this, to be honest.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
We need to make it more clear on where you can download Graal, and where you can buy/refill your gold. Today these are one of the hardest things to find on the current website. It should be obvious where they are.

and I completely agree with cbk1994, please decide which path Graal should take.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I'm with Rufus on this one. I came as a player and gained an interest in other things. I think those who are interested in developing or have the potential will naturally try it at some point, but they need to play first.

I guess it depends on your belief of whether people would/do come here as developers from the start. I don't think they do.

In light of that, yes we need developers to get more games. But we need players to become developers, making players the most important part, the developers a natural side effect of increasing the player count.

There is no reason why both couldn't be highlighted on the website, but I believe the player aspect is more important. You need to let people enjoy and get addicted to make someone develop for nothing. People won't come with a passion for Graal and a willingness to help for free from the start. A website that says "GRAAL - DEVELOPMENT PLATFORM - NO TANGIBLE RETURN ON INVESTMENT" won't get developers or players any time soon.

Eitherway, I'd welcome a change. I was excited, and now a little disappointed, as I thought the website had actually changed or was about to within a short space of time