Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 05:57 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssssss View Post
Gee I wonder why it was staff only?! A work in progress MAYBE?! It wasn't done, if it was, we wouldnt be a lowly dev server. Thats why it was locked, b/c of the problems we've had with placeholder images. Levels obviously weren't done either. I got bored and made those dumb zelda copies, it was out of bordom, thats about it. This is why dev servers that are locked dont let people on because they think what they see is a finished product and its not, but some of you people just had to be rude about a locked server trying to hire and then ***** a little.

Guess this is what I get from listening to an idiot and opening a server that wasn't ready just to get a NAT.

From now on, when you log on a dev server, especially one that was locked, don't treat it like its a finished server. That's just retarded.

P.S. Sorry that post took you sooooo long to post up content that is not even being used anymore. Sorry it was basically pointless for you to do what you did. Also read below because apparently it didn't sink in.

Edit: And yeah you got all those screenshots but 1 (the giant tree) from a blocked off area, sooo.................. that should say something. Thanks for posting images and commenting on the stuff that WASEN'T blocked off that, besides palm trees, a tileset that we arn't using (which wasen't ALL "stolen" either, besdies the fact that its a graal tileset that people were given credit to), and that dumb giant placeholder image tree, was all original.

Also, I thought this was actually kind of funny so:

Major revisions take more than a few days. lol.

The server is on staff only again until everything is ready, like I said before. The babies can't cry until its done now.

Now with rudeness aside towards people who are rude and dont want to even attempt to understand a dev server that is staffblocked everywhere and was staff only hours before, we do need nats. All the hype for our original ideas that have been posted in 13 pages on this thread will just go to waste if we dont get help on the scripts.
Sounds like SOMEONES a little embarrassed they got caught!

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 07-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Being a work-in-progress has nothing to do with stolen content or originality. That's a piss-poor excuse.

If you're going to remove and replace it, fine. But don't sit and say it's because I came on "too early." Especially after Decus posted right before me admitting all the stuff I had said in my post, and the reason for it being closed again. Just because I brought these things up doesn't mean you should get all pissy... perhaps, just perhaps, you should listen and take it as advise instead of worry about being butthurt.

I thought this server could improve from this, but it seems the staff are nothing but a bunch that worry more about their ego then their server. Oh well, I thought those days were behind Graal.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
Sounds like SOMEONES a little embarrassed they got caught!
Uhh, not really.

Quote:
Nothing that has been redone is even up (the tileset itself is still being worked on for the next few days or so probably), the levels are still being worked on, and an absolute gmap is not even up right now either until the tileset is done, so opening up the server would do absolutely nothing. What is needed is NATs. The levels and gfx are covered between me and decus. Just need systems and stuff to be scripted, like I said in my previous post. I am at a point where I am just not good enough to finish what needs to be done.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 07-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Cyril Rain
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Being a work-in-progress has nothing to do with stolen content or originality. That's a piss-poor excuse.

If you're going to remove and replace it, fine. But don't sit and say it's because I came on "too early." Especially after Decus posted right before me admitting all the stuff I had said in my post, and the reason for it being closed again. Just because I brought these things up doesn't mean you should get all pissy... perhaps, just perhaps, you should listen and take it as advise instead of worry about being butthurt.
Quote:
Nothing that has been redone is even up (the tileset itself is still being worked on for the next few days or so probably), the levels are still being worked on, and an absolute gmap is not even up right now either until the tileset is done, so opening up the server would do absolutely nothing. What is needed is NATs. The levels and gfx are covered between me and decus. Just need systems and stuff to be scripted, like I said in my previous post. I am at a point where I am just not good enough to finish what needs to be done.
First off, how does this even make sense?
Quote:
Quote:
If you're going to remove and replace it, fine.
He said he didnt want to explain about what you guys were talking about b/c he didnt have the time. It said he didnt have time for random log ons of people claiming it lol.

Also never said you got on too early, I said you posted screenshots of stuff that was staff blocked.
Also, many times now, have said that we are not using any of it, posted that we are redoing it all before you said anything pretty much at all or got on the server.
Also have said they were placeholders and thats why it was locked.

Again, thats why it was locked.

But I guess we should delete our Hiring thread, b/c according to you, we cant hire on a locked server. Other locked servers, please take note of this. According to Dusty you need to unlock your server to hire staff.

Now, as I've said before, if you want to continue this debate, please take it to another thread, as this thread wasn't started for this kind of thing. I dont want to have to ask mods to delete crap again because of immaturity. -_-

Old 07-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Armageddon Son
Decus_Arillias is on a distinguished road
I didnt notice anyone, or myself being touchy. Corey thats a retarded statement "oh we got caught" because how would the server ever release anyways with that content? I had a dev log on the server a few weeks ago and explain where most the gfx came from. His name was Spoon, and he logs on once in a while on UN. Like i said earler, Twiggy, Dusty, Myself, and Beholders images are on the server and im aware of it thanks to Spoon. Some tiles were given to us illegally.

Well, they are not on the server atleast of now, we've been working on a new gmap and tiles since LAST week when we found out about this.

This is the atlantis tileset in my tile folder. http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7730/atltiles.png

Until last week i had no idea these were atlantis tiles, i cant even walk outside on atlantis anyways, i dont think anyone can unless your staff.

We were about to close the project, and work on another server last week, yet that didnt go as planned. So we're in progress and im working on a whole tileset, gmap ect.ect.

We will still probably release before npulse does though. Right Corey?
Isaiah 41:10
Old 07-02-2010, 06:32 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
holy **** just shut the **** up and let them work on the server and then critique it when they say it's a finished product

on another note, it's saddening to me that most of the ideas/advice i've given too you two is being ignored. i understand the want to make a server of your own devices, but you could have been finished by now if you had listened to me in the first place
Old 07-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
holy **** just shut the **** up and let them work on the server and then critique it when they say it's a finished product
Quote:
on another note, it's saddening to me that most of the ideas/advice i've given too you two is being ignored. i understand the want to make a server of your own devices, but you could have been finished by now if you had listened to me in the first place

Quote:

Quote:
i understand the want to make a server of your own devices, but you could have been finished by now if you had listened to me in the first place

Old 07-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Armageddon Son
not trying to be a *******. But it takes a lot more then ideas and words to make a "good" server that people will play

I get your point though, this has taken way to long.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Cyril Rain
Quote:

Its not being ignored man

Just have to start from scratch, problems create issues which have to be resolved.

Wish u would come back btw.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:44 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post

inb4 his actual reply.

Quote:
holy **** just shut the **** up
Old 07-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Armageddon Son
Also, believe me when i say this, you have nothing to do with what direction the server goes in Dusty, i could care less if the whole tileset was a straight rip from zelda, Its not because of you I said where these images came from. I saw people loging on and i wanted to be clear to EVERYONE where it all came from. I dont have anyone to answer to, and THATS the only reason i stated where it came from. Obiously locked no one would ever see it besides globals, so i didnt have to worry much about content that was not going to be used anyways. Your advise was taken before you even spoke.

Last edited by Decus_Arillias; 07-02-2010 at 07:15 PM..
Old 07-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decus_Arillias View Post
We will still probably release before npulse does though. Right Corey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decus_Arillias View Post
not trying to be a *******.
Course not
I just wanna say that because we've had a lot of **** in the past decus it doesn't give you a right just as Corey doesn't have a right to say "Oh they got caught hurr hurr!" and honestly makes both parties look stupid in this lil argument.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Armageddon Son
not sure who you are, probably been to long for me to remember. Anyways your right, no need to be childish. Bottom Line. All content is not being used. Expect impressive small release (open town gmap to public gold)within a month or so.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
So... Any opening event?
Old 07-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Armageddon Son
lol ill make confetty fall from the sky in celebration to the first town complete. Themed for castle style, similar to my cross castle that was previewed yesterday mixed with a persian "port" theme as well. Just gotta get these damn tiles done z.Z

My apology to anyone i was rude to above.

If anyone is interested in working with me, we have a lot of new ideas, good systems in creation, that would like to help, let me know.

Just dont get overwhelmed and give up. The gmap is now 25X25.. huge gmap is needed for our plans for this server. We're not expecting to get all 625 levels (outside only) finished before classic release / host. Just enough content to attract players.
Closed Thread