Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Graal Zone
I will try Graal Zone for iPhone/iPod 22 19.30%
I will buy Graal Zone+ for iPhone/iPod 7 6.14%
I own an iPhone/iPod but i am not interested 15 13.16%
I don't own a iPhone/iPod yet 70 61.40%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Bowie's Deciple
Kristi has a spectacular aura aboutKristi has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Kristi Send a message via MSN to Kristi
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388 View Post
It's Apple fault it was released at a different time.
The part they were upset about
Quote:
It is not their fault the game was unpopular for the controls and other missing features.
NOT the part they were upset about.

Good going. Broken Record: Learn to read
Old 08-07-2008, 10:45 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
If you don't do good testing, you're taking an unnecessary risk. They're so afraid to trust people with a beta release of their software, that there's always tons of problems and bugs when the release it to everyone. It's not a wise way to release software. Blaming Apple for all the problems with the release date is fine, but it wasn't Apple's fault the released product was subpar. The message you get when you log on would lead you to believe that Apple accidentally released a beta version.

It's Apple fault it was released at a different time.
It is not their fault the game was unpopular for the controls and other missing features.
Cyberjoueurs must have thought they had a flawless product and with the severe lack of time must have found it plausible to submit the product as is. I can't speak for Cyberjoueurs. As far as testers, what is done is done. Yes it would be helpful to have more beta testers, and perhaps in the future Cyberjoueurs will take more consideration into choosing testers.
It is beating a dead horse to place the blame or talk about testers. It doesn't matter who is at fault, whether or not it is Apple, or Cyberjoueurs, what matters is that any and all bugs be fixed. The release may not have been handled perfectly, but it was released. Now the most important thing is to have forward momentum in fixing bugs and improving the overall product.

If the product was missing freatures, make a list of them so the developers who have been working on the product can fix and improve the product as they see fit. It doesn't need to chew them out for the things they did do. It could just give them advice on improving the product so it will sell.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
The part they were upset about

NOT the part they were upset about.

Good going. Broken Record: Learn to read
Wow: you learn to read.
They made it seem from their message in game that it was a beta version that Apple released, and it was their fault it was released before the game was finished, when, in reality, CJ thought the game was finished when they sent it to them, and because of their comments and the players, decided to work on it more. They were misleading their userbase (again).
Old 08-07-2008, 11:19 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Wow: you learn to read.
They made it seem from their message in game that it was a beta version that Apple released, and it was their fault it was released before the game was finished, when, in reality, CJ thought the game was finished when they sent it to them, and because of their comments and the players, decided to work on it more. They were misleading their userbase (again).
None of us can assume anything about the situation, because we simply just do not possess enough information to know who, if anyone, is at fault. Stop placing the blame. What is done is done. If you have positive, useful feedback, why not post it?

We understand you have problems with the management and some of their decisions. What is unnecesary is your constant slandering of the management and your slandering of the game in general. Complaining is not positive and will not fix the problems. Post useful feedback so the product can be improved upon.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
None of us can assume anything about the situation, because we simply just do not possess enough information to know who, if anyone, is at fault. Stop placing the blame. What is done is done. If you have positive, useful feedback, why not post it?

We understand you have problems with the management and some of their decisions. What is unnecesary is your constant slandering of the management and your slandering of the game in general. Complaining is not positive and will not fix the problems. Post useful feedback so the product can be improved upon.
You don't know the half of it.

Still, my point is they should have admitted the problem, not just pointed fingers.
Apple screwed up. So did Cj. Neither should have tried to say the other was at fault (and Apple certainly didn't).
Old 08-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Apple screwed up. So did Cj.
We may have progress here. This is promising.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910 View Post
We may have progress here. This is promising.
I said that before. What's wrong, didn't read that post?
Old 08-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
(and Apple certainly didn't).
How do you know?

Seriously, who cares whos fault it is? I dont see where that is even important to us. What's done is done, and hopefully we will see a future release.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 08-08-2008, 01:34 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
I said that before. What's wrong, didn't read that post?
The problem is you changed your mind, and unless I did miss that post, you barely stated it in the same way you said CJ made errors!

Anyhow, I was randomly on websites and found this regarding the "I am rich" application - a screensaver costing $999.99. Seems as if Graal isn't the only application playing back and forth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox news & Wired
Five days have passed since Apple inexplicably removed the applications NetShare and BoxOffice from the iPhone App Store. And now, the $1,000 I Am Rich app has disappeared as well.

Just what is going on at Apple? You would think the company would be more discriminatory with the applications it approves before they show up in the App Store, but these three incidents say otherwise.

Nullriver's NetShare, an application that turns your iPhone into a wireless modem, violates AT&T's Terms of Service agreement. BoxOffice is, well, just an application that displays movie listings. And I Am Rich was clearly a joke application that did nothing for the low price of $1,000 -- how did that even make it?

Maksim Rogov, president of Nullriver, said he didn't even expect Apple to approve his company's application.

"When it was approved our reaction was great -- it was amazing," Rogov said. "But then [when it was removed] that was kind of a kick down. We were a little upset."

Apple has since contacted Nullriver saying that NetShare's removal was a technical error and that the application will be back in the store. But why would it take five days of technical troubleshooting to put something back up when it was working just fine before?
Old 08-08-2008, 02:19 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
You can't compare those huge applications to something small like graal.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAzerothx View Post
The only point being made about them is that they have all been accepted, then removed. Some were told they weren't going to be accepted, but then did. One was removed as it breaks the terms and conditions of AT&T agreement, so they didn't expect to be online, but they were, then they were removed, but now they are promised to be back online (but why? when it breaks AT&T's terms and conditions, surely they are not going to be happy and it'll only be removed again).
Old 08-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAzerothx View Post
Why not? It's a whole new field and there is no reason Zone on the iPhone shouldn't be compared to the other applications.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The multiplayer mode of Zone iPhone is now officially launched, having 15-20 players although it's not available in the App Store right now:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	45571  
Old 08-11-2008, 12:54 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The multiplayer mode of Zone iPhone is now officially launched, having 15-20 players although it's not available in the App Store right now:
LET ME ON, HOOKER!
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:52 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I lost Graal when upgrading to my 3G, so I'll have to wait for it to return to the App Store.

Tags
app store, iphone, ipod touch, itouch