Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 05:53 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
V6 just has to overcome the major issues with players who remain on V5.

1. Performance needs to be better.
2. Playerlist needs to be feel and look like V5.
3. GUIs need to be adjusted for the new font rendering. It's kind of ridiculous it wasn't changed to emulate Windows V5's look.

If V6 doesn't meet the above criteria players are just going to be pissed off about the new client because it doesn't really offer players anything.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Katbot
punkrules will become famous soon enough
A. Pizza?!
B. Pizza?!
C. Pizza?!
D. Pizza?!

Pizza.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrules View Post
Pizza.
I haven't tried V6 in a few updates so I do hope they added external player-lists and are almost finished with it. This doesn't really change the fact that I don't feel the need to change because there's no super awesome benefits to changing, it's the same thing... don't fix what's not broken at this point.

V6 may be better for macs, but definitely not for [my] windows.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:33 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
I haven't tried V6 in a few updates so I do hope they added external player-lists and are almost finished with it. This doesn't really change the fact that I don't feel the need to change because there's no super awesome benefits to changing, it's the same thing... don't fix what's not broken at this point.
The external playerlist has been in the v6 client since before the closed beta.

It's not a case of fixing something that's not broken. v6 adds lots of new features and optimizations that scripters can use, as well as some bug fixes.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:09 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
The external playerlist has been in the v6 client since before the closed beta.

It's not a case of fixing something that's not broken. v6 adds lots of new features and optimizations that scripters can use, as well as some bug fixes.
I still don't find it in my best interest to update, being that I lag far worse on the v6 client and it doesn't fit how I currently play. I've had my screens the same for 7 years... I'm not gonna get used to a new way if it doesn't benefit me.

The window should only come up once and inform players, not every time you reconnect, that's just rude. Or better yet, put something on the front login page.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:39 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
I still don't find it in my best interest to update, being that I lag far worse on the v6 client and it doesn't fit how I currently play. I've had my screens the same for 7 years... I'm not gonna get used to a new way if it doesn't benefit me.
Can you give me a summary of your hardware (graphics card, memory, OS, 64/32 bit, etc.)?

Also, have you tried running in the various compatibility modes, disabling Aero, running in OpenGL?—even if it's temporary it would help to diagnose the problems. I've been trying to replicate them but on every system I can get my hands on v6 runs far better than v5.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:08 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
bump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post

3. GUIs need to be adjusted for the new font rendering. It's kind of ridiculous it wasn't changed to emulate Windows V5's look.

If V6 doesn't meet the above criteria players are just going to be pissed off about the new client because it doesn't really offer players anything.
Exactly this.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Posting The Truth
Kinda annoying that if I get d/ced or reconnect or the server crashes then I have to wait...

Why is this window still there and ONLY on Era... put a ****ing main news post on the login screen if it is important, don't hinder our gameplay.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Kinda annoying that if I get d/ced or reconnect or the server crashes then I have to wait...

Why is this window still there and ONLY on Era... put a ****ing main news post on the login screen if it is important, don't hinder our gameplay.
If you're really that annoyed just play using V6.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Nagware.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:49 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
No, because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post

Old 03-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
I seriously can't.

My fps doesn't pass 15 on v6, I'm incapable of playing on it.

Plus I straight don't like it.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:34 AM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
I have v5 on my laptop and v6 on my desktop

both are equally stupid when you don't pk

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:10 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Rogue, I have the same problem on my desktop PC. What fixed it for me was just making the window slightly smaller, you'd have to play with it a little. That's the most I've been able to increase FPS on my desktop PC.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Rogue, I have the same problem on my desktop PC. What fixed it for me was just making the window slightly smaller, you'd have to play with it a little. That's the most I've been able to increase FPS on my desktop PC.
Doesn't mean I should be forced to use v6 by your obnoxious 10 second update window. My screen is plenty small, and already prevents me from seeing entire levels, how many more disadvantages do I need.

They don't care enough to even post it on the news page, why should I have to wait 10 seconds just to login Era?

I'm not going to update, just remove the ****ing thing.